Daily Confusion

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have a quick question. When you obtain more than one daily can you only use one of them per day, or can you use them all once per day? In addition, if you have a utility power that is only useable once per day, can you use it and a daily power in the same day?

Thanks guys! 
You can use every daily power you know once per day.

With the exception of power swaps and wizard spellbooks etc.  Then the answer is very slightly more complicated, but the simple answer is exactly as Alcestis said.

It is worth noting that there was an old system for only letting you use magic item dailies a limited number of times per day depending on tier.  That restriction has since been removed. 
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here

You can use each of your powers as often as that power specifies you can use it, and one power has no bearing on any of your others... You can use all of your Daily Attack powers in one single turn if you have enough action in one turn to use them all. Characters gain powers from their class and also possibly from their race, their theme, their paragon path and from magic items as well. Each of these can be used as often as they say they can. A high-level character could easily be using two or more powers each turn every single fight during an entire day.

(Also, your Daily Attack powers and your Utility powers are two separate categories - regardless of how often you can use a Utility power it is never considered a Daily Attack Power.)

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

With the exception of power swaps and wizard spellbooks etc.  Then the answer is very slightly more complicated, but the simple answer is exactly as Alcestis said.

It is worth noting that there was an old system for only letting you use magic item dailies a limited number of times per day depending on tier.  That restriction has since been removed. 

Wait, really? There's no limit to daily item power usage anymore? When did that happen?

Wait, really? There's no limit to daily item power usage anymore? When did that happen?

You can still only use an item's daily power once per day....but you're not limited to only a single item usage per tier.  So, if you have 5 items with daily powers, you can use all 5.  This changed with Essentials and magic item rarity (which also prevents players from making most items that have daily powers).