unable to access Character Builder

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have subscribed to D&D Insider but when I try to access the Character Builder I get taken to a page where I am asked to subscribe again. Yes, I am logged in. What's going on?
Hello LovelyButBeastly,

Verify your 
Order Status. Digital River may take some time to complete the transaction with WoTC. Make sure you clear your cookies and log out and log back in.

If after 24 hours you still doesn't have access to DDi, make sure you contact Customer Service.
Plague, something is up with the site. My Insider access doesn't expire until July and I'm having the same problem. I checked the D&DI access and when I tried to see Subscription History it said "Could Not Access At the Moment". I will be emailing/calling them to see what the Hell is going on.
Spiteful Wizard and Voice of Reason of the House of Trolls The Silent God of the House of Trolls Unfrozen OTTer Arbiter of the House of Trolls Yes, I have many titles. Deal with it.
I cannot access the www.wizards.com/dnd/launch.aspx?x=dnd/dn...
either, essentially I have had 2 major issues over the past 3 days.

1) Work laptop can access it, but cannot load characters; gives me an error.  I had to update Silverlight as the cb launcher prompted me to, then it failed miserably since.  If I downgrade my silverlight it won't let me load the launcher.  So my work laptop can no longer access cb.

2) My home laptop JUST NOW, sits on a background screen of the CB whenever I go to it.  I am logged in (obviously) but it never loads, only prompts me to enter username/password.
No changes to silverlight or anything else.

So, I have now lost access to the cb from both of my laptops; my home laptop worked fine yesterday, and my work one can at least access but cannot load characters...so what is up?

Please respond.
I think they are having server issues. I can't log in at all and my account was renewed last week. I'd say give it half an hour and it should be back up, these things happen. It might have something to do with the new D&D Next package going out today, maybe upgrading their servers in anticipation of the big rush to download.
The site is "hanging", it's taking forever to actually get to the site when you click it and last night it was acting perfectly fine for me. Now it's this morning that I get the background image for the Daily D&D page before it finally shows the D&D Insider tag. I have the Insider tag but when you go to tools they say "Learn more".
Spiteful Wizard and Voice of Reason of the House of Trolls The Silent God of the House of Trolls Unfrozen OTTer Arbiter of the House of Trolls Yes, I have many titles. Deal with it.
My subscription is good for another few months, but the character builder isn't working. The compendium works fine. The magazine work fine, but the character and adventure builders are not letting me in for some reason.
I've included this thread in my message to CS. Let's see if they get back to me sometime before next week...

Same here and for my players. Of course today is the day of the big final battle against massive evil thingy, and no one can access their characters and I can't get the details of my custom super evil boss. 
Sent help request now be nice to get an E.T.A. on a fix.
Okay guys check now. I just did and was able to get into the CB. No response yet from CS but it seems the tools are back up.
Sign In to post comments