Against the Chaos Cult: The moat house - still need some minor damage on PC's

Basically only because of poor tactics (read: one player just walks in by himself and all the archers focus fire on him), does one player drop. The cleric then heals him to one hp with cure minor wounds anyway.

The rest, they pretty much blast through the opposition. The wizard even faces the bandit chief and though two rolls were bad, the bandit chief only hits the wizard once out of three multi attacks.

I've not too much of a problem with the huge damage/fast combat.

I just think monsters should have some sort of 'on a natural 7 or higher, the creature does 1 or 2 HP damage even on a miss' ability, just like moonbrook does earlier in the game (replace 7 with whatever number under or equal to 10).

I think if that was the case with most enemies, I'd be pretty happy with the set up so far. Play would be pretty fun if the PC's just took a few scrapes to go along with all the high damage they dish out.

Thanks.

"In the game there is magic" - Orethalion

Only got words in my copy.

Basically only because of poor tactics (read: one player just walks in by himself and all the archers focus fire on him), does one player drop. The cleric then heals him to one hp with cure minor wounds anyway.

The rest, they pretty much blast through the opposition. The wizard even faces the bandit chief and though two rolls were bad, the bandit chief only hits the wizard once out of three multi attacks.

I've not too much of a problem with the huge damage/fast combat.

I just think monsters should have some sort of 'on a natural 7 or higher, the creature does 1 or 2 HP damage even on a miss' ability, just like moonbrook does earlier in the game (replace 7 with whatever number under or equal to 10).

I think if that was the case with most enemies, I'd be pretty happy with the set up so far. Play would be pretty fun if the PC's just took a few scrapes to go along with all the high damage they dish out.

Thanks.

I agree. A lot of the encounters my players have been in ended up with little to no damage for them, even against what should have been high risk situations. One of the fighters hasn't taken any damage in any of the last 3 combats. Let's hope this new packet tomorrow fixes some of that.
Yes, I think the designers are stuck in the 'full damage or nothing at all' mindset (even as they have abilities like sir moonbrooks minor damage even on a miss (if you roll a natural 5 or higher, I think it was).

Which puts them in a bind because really either on average enemeis hit consistantly or miss consistantly, neither being particularly good.

Just a bit of damage on a miss and things get more fun!

"In the game there is magic" - Orethalion

Only got words in my copy.

I'vebeen having the same problem while running the playtest this Encounter season. Players just blast through the combat in no time flat taking little damage themselves. The sessions eem to be over as soon as they beguin.