Esper Specter

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'd think Deathrite Shaman would work well in this deck, to help get the mana for Nightveil Specter.
I like it, but I have a feeling it could be a little inconsistant at times.
Moderate changes after play testing.
Gilded Lotus could help; Specter feels like it could belong in a BUG ramp deck.
Gilded Lotus could help; Specter feels like it could belong in a BUG ramp deck.

Why BUG ramp?
Maybe switch out Prophetic Prism for Chromatic Lantern? You lose the card draw, and it's a bit more expensive, but it helps you get a bit more mana for Sphrinx's and gives you all colors for Specter a lot easier. Like, trying to cast Domri Rade off of your opponent would need 2 Prisms, or just 1 lantern. But the card draw is nice...

Also, I'd say more Lingering Souls. Great way to slow down aggro, as well as an alternative win condition. Maybe cut some counterspells for it? 
I've been debating between those two.

I'll look at more souls, because I think I agree.
Ramp gives you tons of mana to play with, and green's the color you need for it.

Also, you do know that you can play your opponent's lands if you hit them, right?
Ramp gives you tons of mana to play with, and green's the color you need for it.

Also, you do know that you can play your opponent's lands if you hit them, right?

Right, which helps a ton.  I mean, I know ramp involves green, but cutting white takes out a lot of options.