Orzhov Guildgate
Prophetic Prism
Burst of Strength
Corpse Blockade
Hydroform
Deathcult Rogue
Dutiful Thrull
Slaughterhorn (foil)

I thought this looked fairly interesting. What do you pick here?

I'm tempted to just grab the Assault Griffin and let everyone else make the hard black/blue/green decisions.  That way we push people Dimir/Simic and we get potentially land Orzhov.  Alternatively could grab either of the charms.  The deathcult isn't bad either, but I really don't want to first pick it.
Tough call, because nothing really stands out. Assault Griffin is probably the best though, in terms of raw power and liklihood it will get played in the final deck.
*Second choice I would go for the Simic Charm.
I want the Simic Charm here.  I'll go for the Marshall_LR deck if I can get it.
Slaughterhorn vs simic charm vs griffin
I think simic charm is more powerful but I'll go slaughterhorn to stay open
Simic Charm is almost a bomb. Its very tough to rate but its simply awesome. I'll take it over fillers in a deck any day I think although I would suggest that in a P1P1 scenario here there's a lot of 'fine' choices. I wouldn't blister anyone for probably up to 5 choices I see.

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGNichecopy.png)

Fix your Forum Experience here: http://community.wizards.com/forum/new-site-feedback/threads/3925861

Boasts?

2011 States Top 4
Multiple 2013 IQ Top 4/8 Finishes
Designer of Top 8 States finishing MBC decks in 2011, 2010, and 2009 
Standard Forum - Iron Deck Builder Season One Champ

Favorite Quotes

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance." - Laurence J. Peter 
"It is the province of knowledge to speak, and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen.” - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Simic Charm though I could see a rationale for going with the deathcult rogue here too.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
For me, one of the things that stood out was the lack of red - neither mono-color nor gold. If our opponents are aggressively watching for signals, they may think we went for a Boros card, which could throw them off. Despite that risk, I'd go for the Simic Charm since it has so many uses.
I like Assault Griffin, Slaughterhorn, and Simic Charm.  The griffin is the best pick, but i'd end up taking the Slaughterhorn because i could use the foil for my cube. 
Simic Charm does everything except make you a sandwhich.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

For me, one of the things that stood out was the lack of red - neither mono-color nor gold. If our opponents are aggressively watching for signals, they may think we went for a Boros card, which could throw them off. Despite that risk, I'd go for the Simic Charm since it has so many uses.

Don't overthink the signals that you're sending.  Take the best card.

Agree. It has been said a lot of times on these forums, but I think it's worth saying again, it's more important to read the signals being passed to you than worrying about what signals you are sending. Before someone decides to take that as meaning, "you don't need to worry about signals you are sending at all," because someone probably will, that's not what it means.

I would take the Simic Charm. 

Agree. It has been said a lot of times on these forums, but I think it's worth saying again, it's more important to read the signals being passed to you than worrying about what signals you are sending. Before someone decides to take that as meaning, "you don't need to worry about signals you are sending at all," because someone probably will, that's not what it means.

I would take the Simic Charm. 

I think you can take it a step further and say the signals you're getting in pack 1 will be indicative of what you'll draft in the mid/late pack 2, and the signals you get at the end of pack 1 should key you into what to expect at the beginning/mid of pack 3, and sometimes the beginning of pack 2 and the very start of pack 3 is a bit of a wash in terms of signaling bc people still rare draft.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

Out of the pack I liked Deathcult Rogue, Slaughterhorn and Simic Charm.  I prefer the Simic Charm on power, but Slaughterhorn leaves me most open.  My initial thought was Slaughterhorn, but after reading some other responses, I have changed my mind to Simic Charm.

Cheers
I want the Simic Charm here.  I'll go for the Marshall_LR deck if I can get it.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

Sign In to post comments