DLCR: Simic Manipulator

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays GTC card to rate is...

Simic Manipulator

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what.  I will always play this card.
4.5: Splashable and first pick worthy.
4.0: First pick pack 1.
3.5: Early pick though not always a first pick.
3.0: Solid early/mid pick.
2.5: Solid pick in color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

This card is nuts.  If it hits the field it needs to be removed quickly or you lose.  The double blue hurts a little but not to much.

Discuss! 

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

I'll say 4.0. It's decent on it's own, and gets insane pretty fast with Agoraphobia.
4 sounds right. The double-Blue is hard.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
4, not really splashable otherwise he could be higher. He is very very powerful.
I'll say 4.0. It's decent on it's own, and gets insane pretty fast with Agoraphobia.

I like this idea very much.

This guy is okay, but I've never seen him be overpowering.  I'm happy passing this in pack 1 for a spell with more of an impact when it hits the board. 
He's either removed before he gets a counter, or he dominates the board. 

Running him with a Flux Mage is also pretty fun.

This guy is okay, but I've never seen him be overpowering.  I'm happy passing this in pack 1 for a spell with more of an impact when it hits the board. 

This can be true if he's topdecked lategame, but you're doing yourself a disservice if you use that as an excuse to ignore his tremendous upside.

This can be true if he's topdecked lategame, but you're doing yourself a disservice if you use that as an excuse to ignore his tremendous upside.

I've had him played against me, had creatures stolen, and still won the game.  Kinda like Fathom Mage, he just has no immediate presence at all.   

This was my pre-release 'tech' and it really is obscene.  I played against a Simic opponent and there it was even more brutal.  I would steal his evolve creatures (like Snapjaw) keep the agrophobia so I could evolve them then remove the agrophobia when there was something else to steal.

A 4 for me. 
Without the aforementioned agoraphobia combo he is no higher than 3.5

The double-blue means he is tough to splash, but otherwise his casting cost is perfectly fine.

4.0 should either change things immediately, or have many useful modes.

This is neither of those things.

If he evolves twice without getting removed you can take my bear...
bulletd Guidelines: 5.0: I will take this card no matter what. Creature 1 or playable 1 or hate 1.Archangel of Thune 4.5: Bomb and splashable. Creature 1-2, playable 1-2, removal 1. Jace, Memory Adept 4.0: Excellent first pick first pack, will sway me into same colors. Creatures 1-4, removal 1. Haunted Plate Mail 3.5: Excellent first pack pick two, will confirm colors or possibly sway into second color. Doom Blade 3.0: Good in-color addition, or splashable removal/creature. Creatures 3-9, removal 1-3. wall of Frost 2.5: Solid pick in-color; creatures 5-12, removal 3-5. Dark Favor 2.0: Creatures 10-16; removal 6-7. Elvish Mystic 1.5: My 23rd or 22nd card, depending on removal. Act of Treason 1.0: 23rd card if I don't maindeck an additional land. Lay of the Land 0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in. Brave the Elements 0.0: I will shred this card for counters. Darksteel Forge
Every time he steals a creature is an intrinsic 2-for-1 (at least), it's very potent.
Sign In to post comments