Blue+Black Mill

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello,
so I'm thinking of blue black mill, got a basic outline of my deck and looking for suggestions to fill out the gaps (and for suggestions for improvements as well ). Format: Standard; budget: can spend a few bucks here and there but no Jace and stuff...

Reworked:
Creatures (14):
4 x Jace's Phantasm
3 x Invisible Stalker 
4 x Augur of Bolas
3 x Consuming Aberration

Spells (26):
4 x Thought Scour
3 x Paranoid Delusions 
3 x Psychic Strike 
4 x Mind Sculpt
3 x Mind Grin
4 x Think Twice 
2 x Grisly Spectacle
3 x Increasing Confusion

Lands (20):
9 x Swamp
9 x Island
2 x Nephalia Drownyard

( So that's what I come up with. Now I'm thinking if I whould add cards like Death's Approach, Augur of Bolas or Increasing Confusion and if, than switch for what? Or any other card suggestions are welcome! )
How does this deck survive against aggro?
rstnme: "Everything looks good when your opponent passes 4 turns in a row."
How does this deck survive against aggro?

Well I'd say that it can survive 3,4 turns and by than the oponent should have enough cards in his gy to pump the Phantasms and Wights...

[C]Sage Owl[/C]
[C]Hedron Crab[/C] 

These two cards can help w/ slowing down fast aggro as they're cheap drops and can chump block and provide you w/ bonuses.
I'd probably get rid of the Spektor even though it's a cool card.

[C]Mind Funeral[/C] is straight up awesome.
[C]Dream Twist[/C] --flashback makes it pretty nice
[C]Dream Salvage[/C] --for good card draw
[C]Sage Owl[/C]
[C]Hedron Crab[/C] 

These two cards can help w/ slowing down fast aggro as they're cheap drops and can chump block and provide you w/ bonuses.
I'd probably get rid of the Spektor even though it's a cool card.

[C]Mind Funeral[/C] is straight up awesome.
[C]Dream Twist[/C] --flashback makes it pretty nice

As I stated I'm trying to keep it standard-legal. So it's only [C]Dream Twist[/C] and I prefer [C]Thought Scour[/C] because I'd rather draw a card than mill for 2 more...

Dream Twist is a better option honestly. You can play it turn 1 and flashback it later on when you need something to cast to Consuming Aberration.

If you run Paranoid Delusions you should add in some Invisible Stalker to give it a good option to cipher it onto.

I would swap out the Mind Sculpt for Grisly Spectacle so you have some removal.

I would take out the Balustrade Spy for some Realmwright to go with your Nightveil Specter so you get use out of cards you get from it.

You should probably go up to 22/23 Lands so you don't miss land drops. Maybe swap out 1xMind Grind and 1xConsuming Aberration or Paranoid Delusions if you decide not to add in the Invisible Stalker's.

Augur of Bolas is a great card but I personally sideboard it and use it against Rest in Peace type graveyard hate decks in the place of Wight of Precinct Six

Increasing Confusion is also a good card if you have any might as well add them! 

I hope this Helps GL!  

dream salvage specifies cards discarded, mill is different than discard (mill is directly put from the top of your library to your graveyard- not discarded). personally i'd take out paranoid delusions, just because you have to attack (you should be sitting in defense), and you dont exaclty have evasive creatures. 

maybe add in something like grisly spectacle? or even jace, memory adept if you can get your hands on him

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
Reworked:

Creatures (14):
4 x Jace's Phantasm
3 x Invisible Stalker 
4 x Augur of Bolas
3 x Consuming Aberration

Spells (26):
4 x Thought Scour
3 x Paranoid Delusions 
3 x Psychic Strike 
4 x Mind Sculpt
3 x Mind Grin
4 x Think Twice 
2 x Grisly Spectacle
3 x Increasing Confusion

Lands (20):
9 x Swamp
9 x Island
2 x Nephalia Drownyard

What do you think?
I personally would -4Think Twice-1Mind Grind and put in +2Island+1Swamp+1Grisly Spectacle+1Invisible Stalker, you already have some card draw with Thought Scour and really need more lands/removal I think. With Invisible Stalker in your deck if you want more card draw Curiosity is a good option.
Sign In to post comments