Arrest

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
What does Arrest do to Silklash Spider
Well, the same thing it does to any other creature - stop it from attacking, blocking or using activated abilities (including its Hurricane-like ability, as well as any other activated abilities it might happen to be getting from things like Brawl).

Activated abilities are those written in Cost: Effect format (look for the colon), in case that's the confusion.
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
So it wouldn't effect Rhox Faothmender ability which allowed double life gain. My son used this with the gain 7 life and gains 14. With a green deck I struggle to deal with it.
So it wouldn't effect Rhox Faithmender ability which allowed double life gain. My son used this with the gain 7 life and gains 14. With a green deck I struggle to deal with it.

Nope.

Remember: Activated abilities always read "cost : effect".

If it doesn't have a : then it's not an activated ability.

Rhox Faithmender creates a replacement effect (note: if).

What format are you guys playing? (We could post some suggestions for you to deal with Rhox Faithmender)
IMAGE(http://www.spritestitch.com/forum/images/ranks/rank7mario.gif)
A group of us play with no format really, we allow anything and everything but try to keep it reasonable. This card is a bit powerful for us but it's still alright.
There's beast within. That's the only green creature killer that I can think of off the top of my head.

Killing creatures isn't really green's thing. Green can kill artifacts and enchantments easily, and there's a few that kill other stuff.

But I guess we're going off topic now (this being strategy advice, not a rules question now) and I suggest you make a thread in the Cards & Combos section of the forum, those guys are better at that over there anyways.
IMAGE(http://www.spritestitch.com/forum/images/ranks/rank7mario.gif)
Prey Upon is also a good removal for green
proud member of the 2011 community team
Splashing another colour remains the best way... :P

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.