DLCR: Signal the Clans

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays GTC card to rate is...

Signal the Clans

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what.  I will always play this card.
4.5: Splashable and first pick worthy.
4.0: First pick pack 1.
3.5: Early pick though not always a first pick.
3.0: Solid early/mid pick.
2.5: Solid pick in color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

I've actually had some pretty good luck with this card.  It's really solid if you have a bomb filled deck.  It's also cheap.  I don't really have anything bad to say about it.

Discuss! 
If I'm in need of  23rd I'll include it.  I've actually found its useful both early and late game.  One gruul draft I found myself using it 2nd-3rd turn on some occassions to get the Rampager, Guildmage, or something else that would power through.  Late game it's obviously better, but it still function in the ealry game well enough
I like how its random and the other creatures go back in the deck so your opponent doesn't know which one you got. That said, I've never played or seen it played. Seems more useful in a bomby deck.
This seems like a straight up 1.0 Although certainly it gets better in bomby creature decks.
1.0.  It takes a couple mana, but you get something you useful for any stage of the game.  Especially good looking for bombs, but not something to put off using if you have open mana at the end of an opponent's turn.  I make that kind of mistake too often--waiting to use a card next turn so I can power Extort, or get another land for an ooze, or something similar.
the problem is that it's in red/green.

revealing bloodrush creature s in your enemies is probably the worst thing to do in the world. 2.5 though if you have rubblehulk, zur-tah swine or some other random stuff
The problem is that it's in red/green.

Revealing bloodrush creatures in your enemies is probably the worst thing to do in the world. 2.5 though if you have rubblehulk, zur-tah swine or some other random stuff

Of all the worst things that could happen, this is the worst possible thing!
The problem is that it's in red/green.

Revealing bloodrush creatures in your enemies is probably the worst thing to do in the world. 2.5 though if you have rubblehulk, zur-tah swine or some other random stuff

Of all the worst things that could happen, this is the worst possible thing!

oh ponies. I don't get you.
I like how its random and the other creatures go back in the deck so your opponent doesn't know which one you got. That said, I've never played or seen it played. Seems more useful in a bomby deck.

1/24/2013 All players will see the card you put into your hand, if any.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
Yeah I noticed that the other night on MTGO, I thought it might be a bug but I see this ruling. Honestly IDK what the point of it is? You have to reveal the 3 creatures, then anyone can see that one of those 3 goes in your hand, I don't know why it has to be revealed. I thought it was something a little cool about this card - like "did he get a bloodrush or not??" - but oh well.
Sign In to post comments