Best intro pack right now

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey guys,
I want to get back to MtG, I haven't played it for a while now and I'm really not up to date, so could you tell me what is currently the best intro pack?
Thanks in advance
I miss the old days.
None of them.  See threads like 

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

If you're set on buying something preconstructed, the Event Decks are better decks, better cards, better value.  Even the Duel Decks are not-terrible compared to Intro decks. 
The newest duel decks are pretty good. Sorin and Tibalt are good against and the decks are well matched, resulting in good close games most of the time.
I felt like Izzet vs Golgari was a better duel deck.  If you can find that one, you should get it.
Just go spend 100$ on 4 of the same event decks and take out the chaff and smash it together.

Some were good but latly they just kinda suck, if you plan to go to a fnm be prepared to get your ass handed to you by the 4-500$ decks that shouldent be at a fnm.

If your just playing casual do this, get your friends to play a specific format, I call it the deckbuilders challange, I seen it in a video once a while back.

Basiclly you and your friends go out and get a deckbuilders toolkit, and you build your decks with that box only using limited as an example.

Its fun and you only spent 20$. 
I miss the old days.
Some were good but latly they just kinda suck, if you plan to go to a fnm be prepared to get your ass handed to you by the 4-500$ decks that shouldent be at a fnm.

Why shouldn't they be at an FNM? There's no rule against being competitive in FNMs, there's a tangible reward for doing well (PW points + promos), and even if people wanted to compete in a more 'even' environment it's not like most cities have a major tournament each week.
I'm all about super-control in MTG. If you're able to stop my shenanigans, then there aren't enough shenanigans. Lv 1 Judge Current Decklists Sweeping Beauty (Casual) A Vision of Clones (Casual) Coming soon... more decks! :-O
Its generally just un fun, my old shop actually kicked out the net decker's cause it was always those 4 guys in the top. It was the most un fun environment to play in, especially when most of the environment was the kids who just thought it was a waste of time to go play at the shop.

I was just bad juju, fnm is the place to go play and have fun, it wasn't fun when a select few are always winning and just being dicks about it. Which after reading about how many peoples FNMs are I am surprised more people don't take a stand about this cause its not like they are playing for a gp or ptq, save that for the leagues.
I miss the old days.
Its generally just un fun, my old shop actually kicked out the net decker's cause it was always those 4 guys in the top. It was the most un fun environment to play in, especially when most of the environment was the kids who just thought it was a waste of time to go play at the shop.

I was just bad juju, fnm is the place to go play and have fun, it wasn't fun when a select few are always winning and just being dicks about it. Which after reading about how many peoples FNMs are I am surprised more people don't take a stand about this cause its not like they are playing for a gp or ptq, save that for the leagues.

If the same people keep winning, then let them win. If you dont want to play them, just scoop. Instead of banning them the TO should have spread the prize support out so that the next few players below the consistent winners got something as well.

Banning players for being too good should in turn get a shop banned from selling Magic.

~ Tim 

I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
Hey guys,
I want to get back to MtG, I haven't played it for a while now and I'm really not up to date, so could you tell me what is currently the best intro pack?
Thanks in advance

None.

Buy event decks. Intro packs are useless.

I don't think there are 500$ decks now that dual lands are around 10-12$ each and there's no mind sculptor around.

At some point, people improve and one payer will win more often. Kicking them out is pretty stupid. It also prevents other players from improving and understanding the game better. 

Besides, if you know what deck they're playing, beating them shouldn't be too hard. 
Sign In to post comments