MTG romance game

171 posts / 0 new
Last post
A MTG version of a romance game. You are a Planeswalker who meets up with the various legends and other Planeswalkers. The story progresses in a novel format with some interaction like going between planes to do events or obtain items. Build up the love score with that character and you can tap it.

It will include multiple endings. Some characters will conflict meaning impossible to bond with both of them in the same game.
and you can tap it.

I cant imagine what liliana is into...
...Why only female characters?
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
[A]nd you can tap it.

I can't imagine what Liliana is into...

Jace, actually.

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

[A]nd you can tap it.

Jace, actually.

I thought Chandra was into Jace?

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

[A]nd you can tap it.

Jace, actually.

No, and quite frankly there is no evidence or reason for this theory.

"The fuel on which science runs is ignorance. Science is like a hungry furnace that must be fed logs from the forests of ignorance that surround us. In the process, the clearing we call knowledge expands, but the more it expands, the longer its perimeter and the more ignorance comes into view." -Matt Ridley, Genome

Chandra and Jace have been in each other's company for maybe an hour, total; and most of that time was spent trying to kill each other.
There is no huggy-kissies between them.  

Chandra and Gideon have complicated unresolved sexual tension.
Jace had a thing for Liliana, but it appears he's moved on and has a thing for Emmara.  

Chandra and Jace have been in each other's company for maybe an hour, total; and most of that time was spent trying to kill each other.

Jace had a thing for Liliana, but it appears he's moved on and has a thing for Emmara.  

Now to think of it, there arent any love relationships depicted in storylines, are there?

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

Now to think of it, there arent any love relationships depicted in storylines, are there?

There are plenty. Jace and Lili, Bolas and Bolas, Tezzeret and clocks.

"The fuel on which science runs is ignorance. Science is like a hungry furnace that must be fed logs from the forests of ignorance that surround us. In the process, the clearing we call knowledge expands, but the more it expands, the longer its perimeter and the more ignorance comes into view." -Matt Ridley, Genome

As Thoctar (and Jivan) pointed out, there are plenty; they're just not on the cards, because the cards are about combat.

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

This. It's not like there aren't LGBT members in the forums or something.
IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/global/images/mtgcom_daily_mc52_picMain_en.jpg)IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/73821e61e013eadf56a8e4e2226d89a3.jpg?v=90000)
As Thoctar (and Jivan) pointed out, there are plenty; they're just not on the cards, because the cards are about combat.

They used to be, though.  We had Gerrard and HannaBarrin and Rayne.  Barrin and Hanna (Familial rather than romantic, but still love).  Ixidor and Nivea almost got there.

Edit: argh... to the depths with core set obliterate.  Read the invasion flavor text.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

They used to be, though.  We had Gerrard and HannaBarrin and Rayne.  Barrin and Hanna (Familial rather than romantic, but still love).  Ixidor and Nivea almost got there.

Edit: argh... to the depths with core set obliterate.  Read the invasion flavor text.

Hard to have emotionally involved and deep characters when the characters themselves are marketing tools first and people second.

Edit: I think this is because we are ONLY following Planeswalkers now. Legends mean little to nothing and we never sit around long enough to learn about the characters relationships. 

This. It's not like there aren't LGBT members in the forums or something.

I like when we agree.

The weird thing about Magic romance is that when it happens, it's usually pretty simple. You don't get love quadrangles in magic much (unless your name is Kristina) and I think that kind of reduces the characters somewhat in their relatability...

I mean, I'm not quite as cynical as Jivan, but he's got a point about the lack of depth possible for the characters. :/

On the other hand, maybe we should be glad that Jace's Player Demographic Avatar thing hasn't resulted in him getting assigned a huge harem. >_> It could be worse. Much, much worse. 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Why doesn't a master of mental manipulation have a huge harem? Is it standards? Jace may dream of winning a girl's affection that he desires eventually, but those darks nights when he is all alone, that feeble minded tavern wench with the pretty eyes must be pretty tempting.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Going by Agents of Artifice, he just doesn't seem to care too much about random hookups. 

That, and manipulating someone's mind to have sex is not something that makes a protagonist very likeable.
IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/global/images/mtgcom_daily_mc52_picMain_en.jpg)IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/73821e61e013eadf56a8e4e2226d89a3.jpg?v=90000)
Going by Agents of Artifice, he just doesn't seem to care too much about random hookups. 

It's mostly because he's not that happy about getting a peek into what's really going on in their heads while he's trying to get his groove on.

That, and manipulating someone's mind to have sex is not something that makes a protagonist very likeable.

In fairness, he's never done that exactly. He HAS lied out his nose and said what they wanted to hear, and he is a fairly generous lover from what we've gathered... but the mental pillow talk is a real mood killer for him.
Man, it's kind of fascinating how the introduction of magic changes romance and sex. There's so much potential there. I feel like we should start some sort of M:EM:NSFW or something like that to explore these ideas.

also, imagine the guilt: "I just raped someone."
Man, it's kind of fascinating how the introduction of magic changes romance and sex. There's so much potential there. I feel like we should start some sort of M:EM:NSFW or something like that to explore these ideas.

Gee, we should!
An MTG NSFW romance page would be hilarious because I know exactly what people will do with it.  If someone makes a thread for that kind of material I may consider contributing but pretty sure it will scare anyone that's new to the forums haha
oh god my sides

can't

stop

laughing 
"But Bolas, it won't- OH!"
"But Bolas, it won't- OH!"

oh god my sides

can't

stop

laughing 

My mind is not a safe place to be.
Pft, the mental analog to a mind in my being is a dark and byzantine labyrinth where horrid shadows stalk to darkness. Ideas have but two choices, adapt to the umbral embrace and become abberations of their former selves or die.

And at the center of it, David Bowie in tight pants.

Have to remember that I actually wrote that Bolas x Tezzeret fic. ISN'T THAT RIGHT KEEPER?

HAWT~!

But yeah, I think the whole Jace/Chandra thing came about just because people assume that Guy vs Girl can also be Guy+Girl.  I think Garruk vs Liliana does a perfect job of staying away from this, for the most part.

Not that it would be a bad thing if they didn't. :> 
WHO WANTS TO GET BACK ON TOPIC? 

not me. 

not me. 

This is like the mantra of F&S, isn't it?

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

This probably is on topic, actually.

And what's wrong with Garruk x Liliana? By the time the curse is done with him, she'll have made him- *Gets yanked off stage so fast the censor stick leaves after images.*

not me. 

-Everyone in F&S

And you wonder why I don't tread there?
No challenge in it.

... and the rampant hideous wish fulfillment speculation. That too. Bad for my blood pressure.
This probably is on topic, actually.

And what's wrong with Garruk x Liliana? By the time the curse is done with him, she'll have made him- *Gets yanked off stage so fast the censor stick leaves after images.*

... That was going to be a "once you go black" joke, wasn't it?
Nah, different punchline. Same general vein of thought, though.

not me. 

-Everyone in F&S

No challenge in it.

... and the rampant hideous wish fulfillment speculation. That too. Bad for my blood pressure.

F&S (here)
not FSS

I make that mistake all the time. 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
F&S (here)
not FSS

Ah, so it is.
Yeah, I was distracted.

not me. 

-Everyone in F&S

No challenge in it.

F&S (here)
not FSS

I also edited my post (to avoid sounding like I was answering the question), so now I feel bad that there's this whole quote thread about a post that now says something completely different.

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

Pft, the mental analog to a mind in my being is a dark and byzantine labyrinth where horrid shadows stalk to darkness. Ideas have but two choices, adapt to the umbral embrace and become abberations of their former selves or die.

And at the center of it, David Bowie in tight pants.

Have to remember that I actually wrote that Bolas x Tezzeret fic. ISN'T THAT RIGHT KEEPER?

[cries forever]

You should submit that to Deckhopper. That'll be an auspicious start to the project.

I'mma think of Bowie for a while now, and not... that other thing... 

not me. 

This is like the mantra of F&S, isn't it?

not me. 

-Everyone in F&S

future self, meet past self. Past self, meet future self.

Try not to freak out to much.

mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:

That just reminds me of How I Met Your Mother.

Why not just do what they did with Wonder girl and have her hook up with a common man? No reason you can only fall for someone with your powers.

Btw,I doubt the new selesnya and orzhov champions will be able to go free of Rule 34 for very long. and don't get me started on jokes i have heard from people regarding a certain woman that summons 3 men to her side.... ><
Sign In to post comments