Naya Assemble the Legion Looking for expert fine-tuning for the Grand-Prix

67 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hello MTG Community, 
I've recently gotten back into magic after a decade of not playing at all (im 21 now) 
and since I now have money and time I plan on playing competitively as a hobby.
I've recently completed sharpening my deck and I'm preparing a month ahead of time
for the Grand-Prix qualifiers at my local shop. I've been testing this deck and many 
versions of it in the standard Dailies on the MTGO site.
The results are multiple cashes over the course of 3-days of fine-tuning.
This is a picture of the 11 qualifier points that I have scored in 4 days with this deck.
postimage.org/image/vm8jn5tln/
(theres only 10 in the picture but I was already done this part of the post while on break in
a 8-player que game which I finished first place for 5-boosters and 1 qualifier point)
I've gone 4-0 twice and 3-1
multiple times in the standard dailies and I feel that my deck and I are ready to compete for glory.
This is the tournament I am preparing for;
Grand Prix Trial Portland (Standard) *April 20th, 2013*
Start Time: 12.00PM Noon
Entry Fee: $25
Prizes:
1st: Free Round-trip flight from Seattle to Portland; a 3-round bye at Grand Prix Portland
2nd: $100 Store Credit
3rd/4th: $50 Store Credit
5th-8th: $25 Store Credit
I seek expert opinions on helping me sharpen my deck until the edges shine. My assemble the legion deck is not a joke
and I plan on giving it my all at the grand-prix qualifiers.
So heres the decklist and I will follow up with a summary of how the deck plays and what it is supposed to do,
also the win-cons and extra utilities of the deck. I will also list the match-ups that I have faced in the current meta
to an in-depth level for clarification and better assistance.
NAYA LEGION-60
Lands-24 
4xRootbound Crag
1xGavony Township
1xForest
1xKessig Wolf Run
4xTemple Garden
4xStomping Ground
4xSacred Foundry
4xSunpetal Grove
1xclifftop Retreat

Creatures-23
4xThragtusk
4xHuntmaster of the Fells
4xRestoration Angel 
4xBoros Reckoner
3xAvacyn's Pilgrim
2xAngel of Serenity
2xThundermaw Hellkite

Spells-7
3xBlasphemous Act
4xFarseek

Enchantments-2
2xAssemble the Legion

Planeswalkers-4
2xGarruk Relentless
2xDomri Rade 

Sideboard-15
4xRest In Peace
3xPillar of Flame
3xBoros Charm
1xBlasphemous Act
2xOblivion Ring 
2xAcidic Slime 

Naya Legion Summary
The deck itself is essentially a variant of the semi-popular Naya-Midrange deck.
The idea is to get a strong mana-base to get the bigger kill cards out on the field.
The main kill cards in the original Naya-Midrange deck would be Aurelia, The Warleader,
Thundermaw Hellkite and Zealous Conscripts I wanted to put more synergy into this destructive deck. 
So I have added Blasphemous Act and Assemble the Legion and Gavony Township.
These cards add incredible synergy to the deck which I will show links to pictures
of situations that I get into in the tougher rounds of the four-round standard tournaments on MTGO.
In essence; Blasphemous Act is a ridiculously powerful board wipe card in combination with the rest of the deck
and specifically ; Boros Reckoner. Not only is winning with the combination of Boros Reckoner and Blasphemous Act realistic, 
ITS DEADLY. 
Gavony Township
This card is very powerful with this deck specifically. Not only is the synergy incredible with the numerous creatures I
have on the field it essentially doubles the damage output from Assemble the legion
This is a picture of a game versus Junk-Reanimator , Tournament replay.

postimage.org/image/fwclafi35/
(CLICK TO ZOOM)
Blasphemous Act
Don't let the mana-cost fool you!
This card is a real Power-House.  It can quickly turn the board from an un-winnable state to a dominating favorite. This is a very powerful card with lots of synergy in the deck , I mean sure ideally I would like to drop two Boros Reckoners and one-shot the opponent for 26 damage but hey I'm very happy to hit my opponent with the field and thenwipe it clean for a cheap cost hopefully and drop another creature to dominate the field.  just a simple couple ticks on Assemble The Legion.  I so often find myself casting this power-house for one , maybe two , maybe three mana leaving behind some mana to drop a surprise Restoration Angel or Huntmaster of the Fells to just put myself in a dominating position that it would feel painful not to have 4 of these in the deck.Not only is it sick synergy with Boros Reckoner it is also volatile chemistry with Assemble the Legion I can wipe the field if there is anything scary on the board and just replenish your army the next turn and maybe even follow-up with a tick via Gavony Township
Here are some situations where I am loving Blasphemous Act
This is versus your typical Jund Midrange deck. This is from a tournament replay.
postimage.org/image/csb8xk84h/full/
(CLICK TO ZOOM)
This is versus a orzhov sacrifice deck. It is from a tournament replay, and I am in some serious trouble.
postimage.org/image/6g53z62gh/
The board is in an un-winnable state. I have no mana , And nothing I have can deal with the Sublime Archangel.
Assemble the Legion
My biggest , kill-card. I drop this and just hold the front until I can one-shot them with a deadly-wave.The idea is that in the current meta there just isn't enough space in people's deck-lists to be supplying enchantmentremoval, with very slim exceptions like Acidic Slime and Planar Cleansing or Detention Sphere But even there I still have many other win-cons in the deck.

Sideboard could need work.

I really feel as though my deck has big potential, and I want the community to help me prepare for the big game in April. Opinions and
discussion is welcome. Thank you for your time and I will be grinding standard 4-rounds to continue on fine-tuning the deck in preperation for the tournament in april. All though I will be back at work tomorrow, I will still use my time off playing and preparing this deck for the Grand-Prix.

I think a
Kessig Wolf Run would help the deck out a great deal, although it is not as good with the tokens as Gavony Township  it is far suppior to gavony if you wish to kill someone with a hellkite or a thragtusk.

Thoughts?
Blasphemous Act is a SB card at the best of times. Yeah he's great with reckoner, but if they decide to kill all reckoners off, blasphemous act is now just an expensive sweeper. 

Perhaps think about Gisela, Blade of Goldnight. I ran her in my Naya list, and its disgusting the things she opens up for you.  

Blasphemous Act punishes the other guy for playing creatures, I like it in this list. I personally wouldn't maindeck four of them (I'd run three and put another in the SB) but I wouldn't remove it for a 7cmc Angel, no matter how sexy she is.
Sorry if this is a silly question, but is the tournament you are preparing for a Standard or Modern tournament?  The reason I ask is that the title appears to say (Modern) in it.  This appears to be a Standard deck, and the Standard deck forums, but I'd hate for anyone to show up to a Modern tournament with even the greatest of Standard decks.
I find myself casting Blasphemous Act for at most 5 mana a majority of the time. Usually its around 3-4 I would like to keep as many of them in mainboard as possible as that is my main source of removal, but I just moved one to the sideboard to see how it goes; I'm gonna try 4 assembles in the mainboard, I don't really like Aurelia, the Warleader as she is so expensive for a squishy 3/4, So I've replaced her with a Thundermaw Hellkite for the time being. With Huntmaster of the Fells and Assemble the Legion I find myself casting this removal for 2-4 more often than not which is even cheaper than supreme verdict. As for Gisela, Blade of goldnight I think she is just a little bit expensive for a creature without haste , I much prefer Angel of Serenity if im casting for 7 to pickup a few thragtusks in my graveyard and to control the field a bit more. Kessig Wolf run isn't bad and it does win games , but the issue I am having with it is that I cannot cast it at the end of my opponent's turns , where as I can double cast Gavony Township once at the end of my opponents turn and once on my turn for a big kill-shot from tokens, not to mention how expensive it is to cast an effective wolfrun strike. 

I've also thought about sideboarding a couple , Terminus but im not sure how effective that will be and what kind of matchups to use it in.
and what about ; Trostani, Selesnya's voice as a sideboard card?
Thanks for the opinions everybody.

@Raltir this is a standard Grand-Prix event.
I run a similiar deck, but with variations. I would knock blasphemous act, Restoration Angel, and Thragtusk down to 3. I would add 2 Garruk Relentless instead of Domri Rade (the 1/1 deathtouch wolves and the ability to search your deck for a creature and put it in your hand is amazing). I would also add 2 Akroma's Memorial to make those 1/1s fly and vigilant, not to mention protection from black and red. I played it at FNM and it went 4-0 (we tend to split top 8 so everybody can go home, or else we'd be there past midnight and the store manager wants to go home)
The Memorial came in handy on multiple occasions, especially against Aristocrat decks (which I sideboard in Angel of Jubilation, which basically shuts down that deck unless they deal with her).

Don't let anybody kid you, Blasphemous Act is a necessity in this deck. Nothing better than wiping the board, dealing 13 to the face, and then swinging next turn with 6 1/1 haste soldiers and your opponent only has 1 blocker. That card saved me so many times, even did 26 damage when my life was at 4!

And definitely add 2 Kessig Wolf Run  
Blasphemous Act punishes the other guy for playing creatures, I like it in this list. I personally wouldn't maindeck four of them (I'd run three and put another in the SB) but I wouldn't remove it for a 7cmc Angel, no matter how sexy she is.

Nooooooo, i wouldnt cut Act for Gisela. Personally i'd cut angel of Serenity for Gisela. Run the Serenity in the SB. Difference being, Serenity comes down, exiles some stuff, then highly enjoys herself as a 5/6 flyer. Nothing more. 

Gisela comes down, doubles the power of every creature you have in play, halfs all of theirs, rounding up. Then proceeds to double all of your blasphemous acts, Boros Charms, Searing Spears, everything. She does so much more then remove 3 dudes.

Don't get me wrong, Serenity is good, but should they kill her next turn, then all she did was take 3 dudes only to give them back, only to die. Atleast Gisela comes in and your creatures go super Saiyan for a turn at the worst, even more at the best. Combined with Kessig she ends games. 

I run a similiar deck, but with variations. I would knock blasphemous act, Restoration Angel, and Thragtusk down to 3. I would add 2 Garruk Relentless instead of Domri Rade (the 1/1 deathtouch wolves and the ability to search your deck for a creature and put it in your hand is amazing). I would also add 2 Akroma's Memorial to make those 1/1s fly and vigilant, not to mention protection from black and red. I played it at FNM and it went 4-0 (we tend to split top 8 so everybody can go home, or else we'd be there past midnight and the store manager wants to go home)
The Memorial came in handy on multiple occasions, especially against Aristocrat decks (which I sideboard in Angel of Jubilation, which basically shuts down that deck unless they deal with her).

Don't let anybody kid you, Blasphemous Act is a necessity in this deck. Nothing better than wiping the board, dealing 13 to the face, and then swinging next turn with 6 1/1 haste soldiers and your opponent only has 1 blocker. That card saved me so many times, even did 26 damage when my life was at 4!

And definitely add 2 Kessig Wolf Run  

Angel of Jubilation definitely seems like a good idea to keep in the sideboard. And yeah I hear a lot of mixed opinions on Blasphemous Act but I feel the power of the card when I am playing so I know very well how strong this card is regardless of feedback on it's place in the deck.
Ok so I've moved Angel of Serenity to the sideboard now , 2 of them there. 
I am running 4 assemble the legions , thoughts? Maybe I should run 3 instead.
I've taken out Domri Rade As he is kind of useless and situational.
I'm thinking of putting in Sublime Archangel 3x as I now have 2 open slots in my mainboard and I could take out 1x Assemble the Legion

So what do you guy's think?

4xSublime Archangel
0xDomri Rade
3x
3xBlasphemous Act
0xAngel of Serenity

Removing
2x domri rade
1x assemble
1x blasphemous act

For 4 Sublime Archangels?

Or maybe 3 Sublime Archangels and 4 blasphemous act?

And this just came to mind ; What about not using Sublime Archangel At all and sticking in 4x boros charm for the synergy with Blasphemous Act?

Edit; just tried sublime archangel , she sucks for this deck...

I'm probably gonna get 3x Garruk Relentless As he seems like a strong candidate for the remaining slots.
4 is definitely too many, I'd think about maybe running 2. You really don't want to start with this card in your opening hand and need other things to help stabilize first.
I would also keep Domri Rade in or Garruk Relentless if you have him. The ability to draw cards is a necessity, especially creatures for late game and these guys help tremendously.
I would also keep Domri Rade in or Garruk Relentless if you have him. The ability to draw cards is a necessity, especially creatures for late game and these guys help tremendously.

Ok so I've put in 3x Garruk Relentless as he acts as removal and somewhat card advantage , the new deck-list has been updated. 
I feel as though Thundermaw Hellkite is awesome but I would rather have 3x Garruk Relentless and 1xThundermaw Hellkite rather than 2:2 , I'm going to keep a hellkite in the sideboard just incase though.

I think a
Kessig Wolf Run would help the deck out a great deal, although it is not as good with the tokens as Gavony Township  it is far suppior to gavony if you wish to kill someone with a hellkite or a thragtusk.

Thoughts?

Ok so the problem I think with Kessig Wolf Run Versus Gavony Township is that there is not enough bang for buck , I would essentially need 7-10 mana pool to make this work efficiently for me especially if I am running a token heavy deck.
I used to run blasphemous acts main board but have now worked them out of my deck entirely.
yeah, theyre a nice ace in the sleeve when you need them to win but the aim of the deck should be to be able to win on its own, not to be able to pull off a miricle win when it's in trouble.
Note that I play agro, not mid range.  in my deck it was an ok board wiper too, in a deck like this where you have much more individually valuable creatures it will punish you more than any agro opponent if it isnt used for the kill.

this deck lack removal sorely.
sideboard needs blind obedience.
i don't get why you play assemble the legions with so many heavy beaters already, you really shouldnt need them.
boros charm is a main board item.

I have no doubt this deck does well against other slow midrange creature decks but it should get overrun by a good human blits or RDW/RDW varient deck and any serious control deck should be able to lock it down.

basically it's trying to be a slow RDW deck, which ive never seen work well without a control element.
don't get me wrong, this deck will do well purely on the quality of the individual cards in it.  but competitivly? at a GP level? not so sure.
there is plenty of bang for the buck, gavony is good and all, but it leaves your stuff still able to be chump blocked, this way with kessig, any one creature can be given trample. It allows you to turn a 1/1 into a 6/6 at a moments notice. Decks like esper control will usually only leave you with one creature to attack with early on, with tamiyo tapping down your creatures + all that removal. This way if they try to chump with augur of bolas, you can still hit tamiyo or your opponents life
Here is my list:

Creatures: 23

2 Angel of Serenity
3 Restoration Angel
3 Thragtusk
3 Ash Zealot
4 Boros Reckoner
4 Huntmaster of the Fells
4 Mayor of Avabruck

Other Spells: 13

2 Assemble the Legion
2 Akroma's Memorial
3 Farseek
3 Blasphemous Act
2 Garruk Relentless
1 Domri Rade

Land: 24

4 Sacred Foundry
Clifftop Retreat
4 Temple Garden
4 Sunpetal Grove
4 Rootbound Crag
1 Stomping Ground
2 Cavern of Souls
2 Kessig Wolf Run

The idea is to use the werewolves to churn out tokens early on, as well as pump the ash zealot who can act as a 3/3 first strike blocker. Then later huntmaster gains life back, legion assembles, then fly over the top with memorial. Or just 13 to the face with Blasphemous act
Ok guys , so I've taken out 
1xGavony Township

For
1xKessig Wolf Run

Also 
Removed 1x Assemble the Legion
Removed 1x Blasphemous Act 

For 
1xZealous Conscripts
1xAurelia, The Warleader

-updated deck-list-

I'm still having issues , I feel as though Aurelia, The warleader and Angel of Serenity
could be something else , as I seldom get the chance to cast them due to their converted mana costs.
Maybe removing these two and sticking in a couple mizzium mortars would be better? I mean I have tournaments
where I just hold serenity the whole game waiting for mana to cast her , but then when I finally get enough mana either my opponent is
dead or there is nothing left to exile. Aurelia seems a little too squishy for me , she gets screwed by lingering souls and mizzium mortars 
for such an expensive converted mana cost, I'm not too happy about her. I wish I could have 6x boros reckonor's
Maybe loxodon smiter or mizzium mortars or maybe even Bonfire of the damned Aurelia's Fury or even Domri Rade would be better than these two angels.
TBH, as the list is I'd put in 2 searing spears over both of them...
TBH, as the list is I'd put in 2 searing spears over both of them...

I understand what you mean completely , but personally I prefer Mizzium Mortars over Searing Spear as it is a little more bang for buck especially versus Restoration Angel which is incredibly popular in the current meta. Also I've been thinking why not use oblivion ring as that is the most bang for buck removal out of the 3 of the current option's to me.

Ok so I've added more removal , replaced
1xAurelia, The Warleader 
1xzealous conscripts 
1xblasphemous act
with
1xOblivion Ring
2xMizzium Mortars

I don't know why im still hanging on to that last Angel of Serenity ... I guess it's cuz she looks cool , should I remove her for another Oblivion Ring

I feel as though I may get into an ugly spot and just summon her with Garruk Relentless if need be.... She still feels pretty useless but better than another oblivion ring for some reason...

-updated deck list- 
Remove Avacyn's Pilgrim and Mizzium Mortars. Put in Mayor of Avabruck since you are using both garruk and huntmaster (he gives wolves and werewolves +1/+1 and makes wolves at end of turn). He is also a good 2 drop and a great way to pump up your humans (like huntmaster). Aurelia really isn't needed, Angel of Serenity would be better to deal with things like Falkenrath Aristocrat. With all that life gain, you really don't have to worry about having the pilgrim to play stuff a turn ahead, and the tokens you make are going to be great blockers. Also remove zealous conscripts
Remove Avacyn's Pilgrim and Mizzium Mortars. Put in Mayor of Avabruck since you are using both garruk and huntmaster (he gives wolves and werewolves +1/+1 and makes wolves at end of turn). He is also a good 2 drop and a great way to pump up your humans (like huntmaster). Aurelia really isn't needed, Angel of Serenity would be better to deal with things like Falkenrath Aristocrat. With all that life gain, you really don't have to worry about having the pilgrim to play stuff a turn ahead, and the tokens you make are going to be great blockers. Also remove zealous conscripts

Yeah I just removed Mizzium Mortars I don't really like it, it's like a bad version of black's awesome removal spell's. As for Avacyn's Pilgrim's I don't think i can move them out , they allow me to play Huntmaster of the Fells & Thragtusk a turn sooner which is critical versus the popular Naya Human's deck which will have me dead on turn 4 with the right draw. But If I have Avacyn's Pilgrim I can do things like turn 2 Boros Reckoner or turn 3 huntmaster of the fells turn 4 thragtusk , all of which just shut's naya humans down. Zealous conscripts is out; too situational. Semi useless vs aggro and completely useless vs esper control. 
Angel of Serenity has her uses vs every match-up I guess. Blasphemous Act is nice and has uses in every match-up but kind of depends on boros reckoner a lot so I guess 3 in main-board and 1 in Side-board should do it.

As for card advantage I guess I'm going back to 2 Domri Rade and 2Garruk Relentless 

as for Oblivion Ring I think that it is a very nice sideboard card so I will keep three of those in my sideboard for midrange decks.

So I've removed 
1xAvacyn's Pilgrim 
1xGarruk Relentless
1xOblivion Ring
2xMizzium Mortars

And Implemented
1xThundermaw Hellkite
2xDomri Rade
1xAngel of Serenity

The only problem , Again I find with Angel of Serenity is that she seem's impossible to play, she costs so damn much. 7 mana-cost 3 having to be white I feel as though that 1 Angel of Serenity Really could be something else , but I guess that's why I'm sticking in Domri Rade for card advantage so that I can actually cast her more consistently than before. I just don't think that Mayor of avabruck would be a better turn two drop than a boosted Boros Reckoner or a farseek for me. I would rather Gavony Township for my +1/+1's later.

Decklist -updated-

Any thoughts on what can move out and what can move in on the new deck-list?

Anyways I'm off work now and I'm going to take a swing at the 12:00 AM Standard-4 Round I'll tell you guys how it goes with the current deck-list.
Thank you to everyone who has helped out so far and I hope to continue enjoying this fun constructive analyzation with the community as it is really helping me learn more about everything Magic related. I will post some spot's I get into and what I think could have been a better card in certain spot's versus certain deck's along with meta-analysis for better preperation of the upcoming Grand-Prix.

-EDIT-
I'm loving this deck right now, 2-0 currently on round 2 of the daily 4-round. 
The Angel of Serenity Definitely deserves 2 slots in the main-board as she really single-handedly wins games vs almost every match-up if I can get to her.

I have a friend that plays maya midrange that is very similar. I play jund midrange and win 75% games. I feel his list has good curve and is strong except light on removal

24 lands
IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/rCB4r.jpg)
I have a friend that plays maya midrange that is very similar. I play jund midrange and win 75% games. I feel his list has good curve and is strong except light on removal

24 lands
Oh yeah 2 garruk primal hunters and only 4 thrags
Grand Prix Trial Portland Surprised(Modern) Surprised*April 20th, 2013*
Registration: 11.00AM Start Time: 12.00PM Noon Entry Fee: $25 Prizes: 1st: Free Round-trip flight from Seattle to Portland; a 3-round bye at Grand Prix Portland 2nd: $100 Store Credit 3rd/4th: $50 Store Credit 5th-8th: $25 Store Credit

Epic Troll 
Jund midrange is a horrible matchup for this deck and is the reason you should keep AoS in the main board.

You should also play more removal. It's weird to think, but this deck gets overwhelmed with early aggro plays. I'm actually thinking of kaboshing the dorks in my list so I can fill out more removal slots.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

Jund does will against most other midrange decks with rakdos's return, liliana, olivia etc. i have trouble as jund vs junk reanimator, but thats for another thread

I think the inclusion of loxodon smiter helps a lot against aggro. He runs 7 3 drops and either reckoner or loxodon turn 2 can be really good against aggro. Loxodon is out of searing spear range and can block pretty much anything without dieing except dieing t2/3 except a super pumped champion. also if they +1 liliana you can always drop down loxodon without discarding it. it also can't be countered and avoids ultimate price
tldr: loxodon is good  

as for removal the manabase doesn't support mizzium mortars unfortunatly. You also don't have access to black, so your best bet might be searing spear or oblivion ring (or even fiend hunter) 
Trust me, remove Avacyn's Pilgrim and add Mayor of Avabruck. It makes a world of difference. It is also good against aggro with Ash Zealots being 3/3 first strike hasters. I have already played Naya humans and the mayor helped me shut down that deck. The pilgrim is best suited for aggro decks and this is not an aggro deck, so he would just waste a slot.
Trust me, remove Avacyn's Pilgrim and add Mayor of Avabruck. It makes a world of difference. It is also good against aggro with Ash Zealots being 3/3 first strike hasters. I have already played Naya humans and the mayor helped me shut down that deck. The pilgrim is best suited for aggro decks and this is not an aggro deck, so he would just waste a slot.

ash zealot? i don't think its a good choice in the deck
2 reds is rather difficult to get t2, and this is a midrange deck, not aggro. Naya humans is also an aggro deck. i disagree about pilgrim being for aggro, i think it is good ramp and mana fixing for midrange. T3 huntmaster and t4 thragtusks help a lot 
I played my list from another thread at the last FNM and every time I played a T1 dork it got searing speared. I'd be willing to board out the dorks to expand my suite of removal. I don't think Mayors belong here.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.

Grand Prix Trial Portland Surprised(Modern) Surprised*April 20th, 2013*
Registration: 11.00AM Start Time: 12.00PM Noon Entry Fee: $25 Prizes: 1st: Free Round-trip flight from Seattle to Portland; a 3-round bye at Grand Prix Portland 2nd: $100 Store Credit 3rd/4th: $50 Store Credit 5th-8th: $25 Store Credit

Epic Troll 

Sorry , I copied and pasted the wrong event. There is also a standard event qualifying for the trip.

As for the event last night , I went 3-1 Scoring another qualifier point.

Round 1 was 2-1 vs gruul pump. By turn seven or eight he had 10 creatures out on the field, 
4 of which were: 7/8 gyre sage , 7/7 hellrider , 8/8 wolfir Silverheart, 11/12 Gyre Sage , and two lands on the field the entire game. lol. 
I managed to bink a win by pressuring him with 2 boros reckoners , in which he could not attack or risk death. 

postimage.org/image/jbowgxzq5/

Garruk Relentless actually helped me win the game here.

Round 2 was 2-0 vs Junk Re-animator.

Went for greedy Assemble The Legion Drops won me both games.
First time was incredibly close as I let him put me to three life through doing this.
But Angel of Serenity Held it down for me.

Round 3 was 2-0 vs Naya Humans or also known as Naya Blitz

Game 1 the board was pretty much in an un-winnable state for the opponent by turn-5.

he had his whole combo and everything but I had a Avacyn's Pilgrim and a farseek for a turn-3 thragtusk
turn-4 Assemble the Legion turn 5- blasphemous act to seal the game.

postimage.org/image/66pwd2kdj/

Game 2 , He got me down to 7 life by turn 3 but I cast a Blasphemous Act and proceed to
Drop a Huntmaster of the Fells The following turn with 2Assemble the Legions Behind him the turns after that...

Aggro is definitely one of my easier match-ups with this deck. 

postimage.org/image/dk9vprtt3/

Round 4 was 0-2 vs Jund Midrange. 

Normally I do really well vs jund midrange but this time my hands just got discarded by a liliana of the veil followed with
by a rakdos's return , I feel as though without the proper starting hand vs jund the game could be difficult.
Ideally I would like to start with a dork , a Farseek and a Assemble the Legion but I couldn't really get anything
going in both games. Making me discard cards really just shuts me down if I don't start with the right hand. Any idea's how to deal with this?

To sum it up , I really don't have much issues with aggro at all at the moment , my 4 pillar of flame and 1 Blasphemous Act in my sideboard just destroy naya blitz without issues. My bigger issues would probably be jund Mid-range making me discard my hand before I can get anything scary out on the board. Or not being able to kill Bant-Control in time only to face multiple Angel of Serenity as I literally have nothing that deals with her besides blasphemous act and even then they still get usually a couple creatures back in their hand's.

Also , I don't like Kessig Wolf Run Again like almost every other tournament, I never found a turn to use this land. I much prefer Gavony Township.

And I've also decided to sideboard in 2 Acidic Slimes to help deal with jund midrange , I think that by destroying their land's and casting restoration angel on my slimes that it can really hurt them enough so that they can't force me to discard my hand as frequently.

ash zealot? i don't think its a good choice in the deck
2 reds is rather difficult to get t2, and this is a midrange deck, not aggro. Naya humans is also an aggro deck. i disagree about pilgrim being for aggro, i think it is good ramp and mana fixing for midrange. T3 huntmaster and t4 thragtusks help a lot 

Ash zealot is perfect for the deck. 2 reds is rather easy to get with cavern, rootbound, clifftop, foundry, and stomping ground
Zealot also helps against reanimator, dealing 3 damage every time they cast a spell from the graveyard as well as esper control. It also helps to have a haste first striker that can deal damage to a clean board state early game, as well as be a blocker while you set up shop. I've already tested this deck, and it went 4-0 

sideboard frontline medic for Rakdos

Ash zealot is perfect for the deck. 2 reds is rather easy to get with cavern, rootbound, clifftop, foundry, and stomping ground
Zealot also helps against reanimator, dealing 3 damage every time they cast a spell from the graveyard as well as esper control. It also helps to have a haste first striker that can deal damage to a clean board state early game, as well as be a blocker while you set up shop. I've already tested this deck, and it went 4-0 

well i don't think he's running cavern and only 1 clifftop, meaning 13 red sources. Angel's rise to glory only requires 1 cast from graveyard (unburial rites). I think you're better off sideboarding rest in peace if you're that worried about it. i feel like turn 2 there are just better options, either a farseek or a reckoner/loxodon if you have a t1 dork.
frontline medic is decent, but i feel Nevermore might  be better. keep in mind you don't need to cast it t3, just use it against sphinx's or angel of serenity of something

also Centaur healer is great against aggro if you feel like you're having troubles (but you prob won't) 
turn 3 is usually either Farseek or pass go to let mayor flip and start churning out wolves. Zealot is more for control decks and in there to be a turn  2 drop(Think twice, Snapcaster Mage, etc), but he can also keep 2/2's at bay with first strike for aggro. Reckoner does the same thing T3, all of this  stuff is just stall, if it dies, so what, Angel of Serenity brings it back. By the time I get to turn 4, it is pretty much over, just a matter of time. Even if my opponent somehow has a large mass of creatures T3 or T4, Blasphemous Act clears that problem up. I don't run Centaur Healer because I've got Huntmaster of the Fells who makes a blocker in addition to gaining life. 
turn 3 is usually either Farseek or pass go to let mayor flip and start churning out wolves. Zealot is more for control decks and in there to be a turn  2 drop(Think twice, Snapcaster Mage, etc), but he can also keep 2/2's at bay with first strike for aggro. Reckoner does the same thing T3, all of this  stuff is just stall, if it dies, so what, Angel of Serenity brings it back. By the time I get to turn 4, it is pretty much over, just a matter of time. Even if my opponent somehow has a large mass of creatures T3 or T4, Blasphemous Act clears that problem up. I don't run Centaur Healer because I've got Huntmaster of the Fells who makes a blocker in addition to gaining life. 

i get what your saying but i feel like mayor and ash zealot are defintally more aggro suited than for midrange. i also meant centaur healer sideboard. Personally i'd rather have 4 arbor elfs than ash zealot to get a t2 boros reckoner or loxodon, and a t3 resto or huntmaster
Speed is not a necessity since this deck is midrange. Playing with arbor elves is suited for aggro decks because you want to kill quickly, with this deck, not so much. Those elves and pilgrims become dead draws late game when you need a board sweeper, or a game changer to respond to things like Falkenrath Aristocrat. You will draw it late game and think "Great, I've already got 7 mana, but lets drop a pilgrim just because". You only have 8 of these in the deck, with a 15% chance of drawing one if you don't start with one in your opening hand. If you don't have one, then this whole idea of turn 2 reckoner was for nothing, and you just wasted 8 slots to maybe win the game a turn ahead. Since your goal is to take the game late and not win on turn 5, putting a lot of something you won't need after turn 3 isn't really the best option. The zealot and mayor are pretty much good no matter when you draw them. Late game you can make the zealot a really powerful first strike trample and transform any werewolves and not feel guilty about foregoing playing a spell.

I also fail to see how a transformed mayor is suited for aggro and not midrange? 3/3 wolves and 2/2 deathtouch wolves are clearly better and 5/5 ravager of the fells as opposed to 4/4 and the ability to make 3/3 wolves at the end of turn. He also puts the pressure early on if you play him turn 2 and opponent plays nothing, which is sometimes the case with control.  
thats nice, but what are you giving up to put in mayor? 
i mean its cramped enough with no selesnya charm or other removal

mana dorks are dead draws late game (well not compely with gavony township but near worthless) but the main thing is ramp. If you're on the draw and you play reckoner t2, thats huge if the opponent is playing aggro. same with loxodon. T3 they usually won't have anything that can kill it and if they attack you can kill two of their dudes. Against midrange and control you get out huntmaster or thrag a turn before them. Its not about being fast its about ramping and accelerating your clock so if you have a t4 thrag and they play t5 you can chose when to attack or not. you can just get better stuff earlier. 

and this is preference i like primal hunter better than relentless, but i can see running 2 primal hunters 1 relentless for the tutor ability

I'm personally not feeling Ash Zealot here. Centaur healers/Loxodon Smiters = win. 

With a dork, either would make turn 2, and all the difference.

Mayors aren't needed either. 

Hey everybody , I'm currently very happy with the list. But thoughts on Acidic Slime Versus Frontline Medic on sideboard for games versus jund mid-range?
Acidic slime is good for matchups other than jund. Against jund it can kill wolf run (+nighthawk=win) or underworld connections which as a jund player as won me a lot of games. You may want to have a primal hunter in side also, amazing against slower decks.