Class features

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
How does certain feaworkers work. For example...virtue of prescience. Once this is used is it for the whole encounter. Is it at will ?  Also aegis vitality  does the character get 3 temp hit points or just once . Thanks

How does certain feaworkers work. For example...virtue of prescience. Once this is used is it for the whole encounter. Is it at will ?  Also aegis vitality  does the character get 3 temp hit points or just once . Thanks

Virtue of Prescience can be used once per encounter on an enemy's turn and when it is used it lasts until the end of that enemy's turn.  It's not "at will," it's an immediate action and can only be used once per encounter.You can read about it in the online Compendium in the Bard class description.  

With Aegis Vitality you get 3 temporary hit points every time a creature marked by your Swordmage Aegis makes an attack that does not include you as a target, but the rule for temporary hit points is that they never stack (unless some feature specifically says they stack), so if you already have 3 or more temporary hit points you don't get any more.

OD&D, 1E and 2E challenged the player. 3E challenged the character, not the player. Now 4E takes it a step further by challenging a GROUP OF PLAYERS to work together as a TEAM. That's why I love 4E.

"Your ability to summon a horde of celestial superbeings at will is making my ... BMX skills look a bit redundant."

"People treat their lack of imagination as if it's the measure of what's silly. Which is silly." - Noon

"Challenge" is overrated.  "Immersion" is usually just a more pretentious way of saying "having fun playing D&D."

"Falling down is how you grow.  Staying down is how you die.  It's not what happens to you, it's what you do after it happens.”

Thank you so much for helping, I do have acces to the online compendium but sometimes find it hard to locate info on it.. Thanks for the help