Beast Mastery Question

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey all,

I'm probably going to play a ranger and go beast mastery with my guy.  I'm confused though about the rules for the beast companion.  According to the builder, my level 11 ranger has a beast compaion with an AC of 14.  Do the defense stats ever go up?  How do they grow?  Is there a place I can find these rules in the compendium?  I don't own the books so if its online that would be great.

Thanks! 
What type of beast do you have?  Is yours a bear, boar, etc?

Each of the categories of beast have different statistics (kinda like characters) and different defenses and hit points.

For example here is the Bear at level 11:

Base
Str 16+3 Con 14+1  Dex 12+3 Intelligence 6+1 Wisdom 12+1 Charisma 6+1
Medium
Speed 5
AC 23 Fort 25 Ref 21 Will 23
HP: 126
Atk Bonus: +13 v AC
MBA: Claw, +13 v AC, 1d12+4 damage
Trained Skills: Athletics Endurance.

Keep in mind these all change depending on what category your companion is in.  If you want an online source for where it is, look in the compendium under the heading "companions".
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
Yeah, it bothered me that the online CB didn't "stat up" the beast companion as you gained levels. Or maybe it did/does and I just couldn't find where.
I thought it showed them where you pick your companion, in the bar on the right where it shows power and feat details and such.

It shows updated stats for my hexblade's L9 guardian there, though I admit I haven't tried beast mastery in the builder in a while.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition