A Detektor Blip: Passiveness

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Passiveness
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature can't attack, block, or fight.
"Life's too short to waste time shortening lives." -Grakk

It had to be done.
Fireproofing -- 
Enchantment -- Aura
Enchant land
Enchanted land can't burn.
"Fireproofing means I can't use my stove right?" 
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
Passiveness
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature

It had to be done.

Costed too aggressively.

What does "can't fight" actually mean? Can a creature enchanted by this be targeted by Prey Upon? Or can it be targeted, but it simply fails to do any damage? 
Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.
What does "can't fight" actually mean? Can a creature enchanted by this be targeted by Prey Upon? Or can it be targeted, but it simply fails to do any damage? 

I guess it would be like targetting a creature with Defender with Boiling Blood. You can target it, but the effect wouldn't apply. Or something.

Now, if this is the "target creature you don't control.", I don't know how it would work. Probably in the same way.

And the card is ok. Similar to Defang.
"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men."The Durai Papers

You could target it with Prey Upon, but nothing would happen. Just like you can target a player with Life Burst but nothing will happen if Everlasting Torment is on the battlefield. 
Passiveness
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature

It had to be done.

Costed too aggressively.

It's worse than Journey to Nowhere, isn't it?
This whole YMTC forum is waiting for Wizards to print more cards that can initiate fights!
This whole YMTC forum is waiting for Wizards to print more cards that can initiate fights!

...or the whole YMTC forum enjoys creating custom sets/blocks/metagame environments where fighting is more common, regardless of what currently exists on paper.
Passiveness
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature

It had to be done.

next step would be: "Enchanted creature can't attack, block, fight, or blink". It's about time they keyworded blinking anyway.

... which just made me realize that "can't be targeted" covers fighting and everything else as well.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Blinking is not an aggressive action
then it can be called Indifference

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?