Cavalier - Valorous Smite

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi,
If a cavalier takes valorous smite (lvl1 paladin encounter attack), does the character get to use divine sanction?

Just want to check.. I would say no because the cavalier does not get divine sanction.  Can anyone validate or correct?

Thanks,
Neil

Yes it will, because divine sanction is built-in power effect as opposed to a class feature.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Yes it will, because divine sanction is built-in power effect as opposed to a class feature.

Thanks!

That is just plain nasty.   But as a player, I'm glad.  I'm looking to try a cavalier|warlock hybrid and am hoping to maximize damage and punishment. 

Salut!

Something that should be added here is a clarification that the two powers are always completely separate.  Anything that gives to one does not give to the other and vice versa.  So powers and effects that boost punishment don't effect it and the base damage doesn't change when you hybrid (where the base damage of divine challenge does).
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here