Tibalt deck

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Everyone says he's bad, but I'm still going to try and build a deck around him.

This deck probably isn't that good. But all the flashback should help with the discard.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I think you need to focus on more flashback honestly.

Devil's Play is a good fit for the deck. 
Faithless Looting can help you early game sift through your deck until you find Tibalt, the Fiend Blooded.
Burning Vengeance would work at getting damage through/removal.
Charmbreaker Devils can be a perfect finisher if your games go long.
Nightbird's Clutches to help push damage through.
Past in Flames if you want to keep some spells that don't have flashback now they do!
Rolling Temblor removal that only takes out ground creatures.
Shattered Perception Discard/Dig.

These are just options from the never sets, I personally don't know alot of the older sets but I do know some of them have flashback cards.

I hope this helps GL!
What is your Budget? Do you have any Format or Legality restrictions?

I like the Phoenix's here - although Magma Phoenix is quite costly.

Everyone says he's bad, but I'm still going to try and build a deck around him.

It isn't actually that bad a PlanesWalker - it just needs a very specific deck built around it (rather than something like Jace, The Mind Sculptor ) which means that it isn't as widely used, which means that people thinking its a bad card.

Burning Vengeance would work very well here - especially if you focus a little more on the FlashBack stuff. And this is the only card which I would strongly you to include.
Shrine Of Burning Rage could be good here - especially since you will be casting some spells twice. In that vein, Lava Dart has a very easy FlashBack cost for late game.
I'd also like to see a full playset of Faithless Looting here.
Volcanic Spray could stop you getting overrun by smaller creatures. 

Also, the "Madness" ability (like you would see on Fiery Temper ) might be worth investigating here, possibly the "HellBent" ability too.

Increasing Vengeance and Reckless Charge would be my first choices for cuts - ideally for Burning Vengeance and Faithless Looting.

How to autocard: 

Show

[*c]CardName[/*c] (remove the *'s) to autocard!

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Remove the *'s to autodeck!

Charmbreaker Devils are a great card with Tibalt I would also get some Runechanters pike with them. With this Tibalt +1 ablility will help you greatly for getting your devil's power boost! I will list more later, but for right now get alot of flashback cards.
Did I really forget Devil's Play? Wow, don't know how I missed that.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Think about going grixis. I mean you could add 4 Snapcaster mage to add with the deck. You only need 4 Tibalt since if you play more then one the legendary rule activates. Really think about going grixis colors, it will open up alot more spells with flashback, as well as let you play cards that will give you card advantage.
not only is flashback good, but also cards with madness like violent eruption and fiery temper. there aren't many red madness cards, but i would try to include at least some. because whats better than discarding a card? playing it instead (and usually cheaper!) :D

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.