Stuffy Doll

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Stuffy Doll if an 8/8 was blocked by this card would it's deal 8 damage or 1 damage to the new target?

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one thousand, people might notice;

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one million, I might get away with it;

If I wish to steal even more and still go unnoticed, I need to make the loot bigger.

Now you know why taxes always go up.

Looting: ''the plundering of public assets by corrupt or greedy authorities'' (Wikipedia)

Unless the creature had trample, in which event the attacker could choose to assign any number from 1 to 8 damage to the Doll and the rest to the player/planeswalker being attacked.  And the Doll would only get to play with as much damage as was actually assigned to it.

Or unless the blocker was co-blocking along with one or more creatures, in which event the attacker could sequence the order in which blockers take damage as he pleases, then potentially assign no damage to the Doll at all.

(there are various other permutations and scenarios that could change things as well, but these are among the most common ones).
Because we on the forums are all about terminology:

Stuffy Doll doesn't actually target anything.  You choose a player when it enters the battlefield, which is different than targeting.  If your opponent controls Witchbane Orb, the artifact will not save them from your Stuffy Doll.

Rules Advisor

Now I'm more confused, thatmarkguy you said if the defender was co-blocking I could choose. I thought that the defender chose the order in which they defended. If so wouldn't I have to put damage equal to toughness of the first blocking creature on it and so on down through the order selected by the defending player, or do I have this all wrong.
The controller of each creature dealing combat damage chooses the order in which creatures will receive that damage.

The attacker chooses the order the blocking creatures will receive damage from each attacking creature.

The defender chooses the order the attacking creatures will receive damage from each blocking creatures.

What he said was correct.
Creatures always deal their full damage (unless Prevented).

If the attacking creature didn't have trample and only Stuffy Doll blocked it, the attacking creature would necessarilly assign then deal all 8 of its damage to the Stuffy Doll.

However much damage is dealt to Stuffy Doll would then be dealt to the chosen player. So if 8 damage was deal to Stuffy Doll, 8 damage will also be dealt to the chosen player.

Because we on the forums are all about terminology:

Stuffy Doll doesn't actually target anything.  You choose a player when it enters the battlefield, which is different than targeting.  If your opponent controls Witchbane Orb, the artifact will not save them from your Stuffy Doll.

I made a stuffy doll burn mill deck and i havent came up against Witchbane Orb at all. so what do you mean by Witchbane Orb wount save them against stuff doll. because in my other deck I have this card to deal against other stuff doll decks. so why wount it work.

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

Witchbane Orb stops targetting
Stuffy Doll does not target

so the two do not interact
proud member of the 2011 community team
Choosing a player is not targeting him. The Doll damaging the chosen player is also not targeting him. No targeting involved here at all, so hexproof doesn't help.

(Something targets only, if it uses the word "target", either in its text or in the rules for that keyword ability. Aura spells also target.)
Witchbane Orb stops targetting
Stuffy Doll does not target

so the two do not interact

Choosing a player is not targeting him. The Doll damaging the chosen player is also not targeting him. No targeting involved here at all, so hexproof doesn't help.

(Something targets only, if it uses the word "target", either in its text or in the rules for that keyword ability. Aura spells also target.)

Thank you for the help both of you

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.