[CSP1] Lead Voting Thread (everyone can and should vote!)

52 posts / 0 new
Last post
CSP1: Lead Voting

You can see the post describing this project here.

You can vote for up to two leads per role. You can vote for the same person in different roles if you really want to (but really, it will be more fun with more diversity). We have agreed that we will try this with two leads per role to start out. Contenders are welcome to explain in this thread why they deserve to win.
Design:
Detektor, and myself. I'd like to do it, and think we can hit these things off with fun contests that aren't too complicated, followed up by run off votes for the best performers so everyone feels at home while still giving the design leads a fair shake at shaping the set.

Development:
Detektor, and Glasir. This one is feel more than anything.

Worldbuild:
Detektor, and CL. I was convinced in the last thread.

Yes, I voted for Detek in all three roles, and I think that's important. I honestly see Detek as a set exec at this point, and so think his presence on the teams is required, even if the other member happens to lead most of the activities.

But yay! BCP analogue!
Obama being on there offends me and makes me sad at humanity.
That was semi sarcastic, but I'm also drunk on tiredness, just a bit. I already forgot who I voted for.
That's a kind thought, Imi, but honestly I'd rather have one role and let the maximum number of people join the exec team.
Can't you just be the CEO of fantasy fantasy wotc?
Time to start the mudslinging. My opponent Detektor has never once reference the victims of 9/11 in his card design. Doesn't he care? Imidazoline goes around wearing his scrubs, but has anybody here seen his medical degree? I'm not saying he's not a doctor, but hey... I also can't prove 18 people died on his operating table this month alone.
Time to start the mudslinging. My opponent Detektor has never once reference the victims of 9/11 in his card design. Doesn't he care? Imidazoline goes around wearing his scrubs, but has anybody here seen his medical degree? I'm not saying he's not a doctor, but hey... I also can't prove 18 people died on his operating table this month alone.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCm7cAM1HIg&t=5m...

Also, if I get more than one of these I will concede the additional one(s) to the next-highest contender. I won't say which one is my favourite, to keep things interesting.
That's a kind thought, Imi, but honestly I'd rather have one role and let the maximum number of people join the exec team.

Fair enough. You might have to turn down a role in that case. :P
...like you just said.

Also, if I get more than one of these I will concede the additional one(s) to the next-highest contender. I won't say which one is my favourite, to keep things interesting.

We're allowed to do this? Thank goodness - I'm doing this as well, although I don't know if it should be a big problem seeing as my MUPs stubbornly refuse to vote. Sigh. Time to go put Tommy Lee Jones back in his cage. So clever, how does he manage to get out of there? I think he's used his own fecal matter to bind together ear hair and make a makeshift bobby pin which he hides in his left nostril.

Vote for me. 

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I was hoping nobody would vote for anyone but Imi and Detektor for Design so that he would have to take that position and I could be the distant second in Development. Curses!

http://nogoblinsallowed.com/

Wow, that is some hard name recognition at work for Desin Lead.

I personally want the Pope to head things up on that end. 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!

I was going to make a joke about him being an "Intelligent Design Lead", but then I remembered that the Vatican endorses evolution.

I was going to make a joke about him being an "Intelligent Design Lead", but then I remembered that the Vatican endorses evolution.

The set will be Immaculate in its Conception?

"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Ya know, seems like it is pretty much fixed who are or could be the leads by now. 
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.

Well, there should be some liason between leads. I nominate you for that job.
voted for ben affleck

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
I think the polls are rigged. I'm only the fourth choice for development lead now.

I can't keep everyones username straight

"some stones should be left unturned" ~Urlock
Voted for: Imidazoline/Detektor, Glasir/Shazzeh, ChaosLight/Ben Affleck. :>
"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men."The Durai Papers

I can't see the polls on my phone but I'm guessing I'm winning worldbuilding so thank you all who votes for me, you won't be dissapointed. (Unless I'm not winning)
You're in the lead for now but I think Ben Affleck is a strong contender. You might want to watch out.

At least it will give him work.
Let's see:

Ben Affleck has an Oscar for best original screenplay; a Golden Globe, BAFTA, and DGA for best director and an Oscar, Golden Globe, BAFTA, and DGA for Best Picture. That's a lot of worldbuilding accolades to overcome, CL.

Good luck! 
I'm going to be out of contact over the weekend, so this will remain up until around midnight on Sunday evening/Monday morning just in case a remarkable swing occurs (I wouldn't be averse to a surpise win by Ben Affleck...) People who think they've got a lock on a role are welcome to start brainstorming in the meantime.
Matt Damon and I have some great ideas for the worldbuilding.  I'm dividing up all the creature types into three categories; animal, sentient race, and profession (with a few odds and ends left over) and think we can divide the world into pure species and then race/class combinations.  The race/classes can represent caretakers for the artificially created world, and people who have come to visit for a safai vacation.

Matt Damon suggested bringing back the provoke mechanic, and really playing up the "watching wild animals in thier habitat"

I'm thinking of giving it Jurassic Park undertones..safari vacation gone wrong.  To explain why bears are attacking the visiting sentients.

Anyways, vote for me (and Matt Damon)!  I'm too honorable to throw the vote, so I'm counting on you guys!

EDIT: Matt Damon just suggested incorporating another poster's idea of Garruk's hunting grounds, except Garruk has gone a little bored/insane.  So Jurassic Park crossed with The Most Dangerous Game.  But it doesn't have to be Garruk.  This would probably mean someone kidnapping people/animals with portal technology.
The Most Dangerous Game.

Grizzly Boom-Tennis?

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Please.  I'm trying very hard to be taken seriously here.

For you non-literary types, the most dangerous game refers to man.  As in the game being hunted.

And/or elves and merfolk in this case. 
When Ben Affleck wins ill just appoint myself lead anyway. Yeah I have that power.
@det : Which is you and you XD

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
I'd like to thank so many people for voting for me. That's really neat.

Expect first submission thread for mechanical themes soon.
This presents a bit of a dilemma for me, since I'm going to step out of one category. Athough I came first in Development, there are two potential leads tied in second place not far off. Whereas in Design, I wasn't the community's first pick overall but there's a huge gap between the first two and the next volunteer.
I actually think that's a self resolving issue, unless you'd strongly prefer one over the other.
How many leads in each category? Only one? I tried to find the information, but alas, my finders were broken this morning in a tragic croissant accident!

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
It shoulda been me Ben! I shoulda been the one playing with animal crackers on Liv Tyler's pale abdomen! I shoulda been the one that Bruce Willis heroically shot in the leg with his shotgun! It shoulda been me you tiny bastard! I was born for that role and you stole it like only an Affleck can steal. I'll have you, you slimy, small man! I will have you. . .
How many leads in each category? Only one? I tried to find the information, but alas, my finders were broken this morning in a tragic croissant accident!

We have agreed that we will try this with two leads per role to start out.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Thanks Glasir! I guess I was getting distracted by my lovely sewage-hued tower directly above! Directly next to Chaos's 2005 Honda Green Monstrosity! Does she not know the fate of Babel? Goodness!

139359831 wrote:
It's irrelevant now since I'm not winning, but I never wanted to be a development lead! When I said I wanted to be a developer in the other thread, I just meant a normal developer, not a lead.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
"I didn't learn it at all. It comes naturally to me like other curious things."

"some stones should be left unturned" ~Urlock
World building guys should definitely keep across the first submission thread to get ideas of where the set might go. 

Also, post your ideas in the submission thread.