FNM deck

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
This is a deck I am currently working on to try and win some FNM's.

Land x20

2x Clifftop Retreat (Only because that's all I own currently)
9x Plains
9x Mountains

Creatures x29

4x Boros Elite
4x War Falcon
2x Legion Loyalist 
4x Champion Of The Parish
4x Firefist Striker
4x Daring Skyjek
2x Silverblade Paladin
1x Boros Reckoner (Again only because its all I have right now)
2x Frontline Medic
3x Hellrider

Other Spells x11

3x Pillar of Flame
4x Boros Charm
2x  
2x Fervor 

Sideboard x15

3x Searing Spear
3x Thunderbolt
3x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
3x Bonds of Faith
3x Skullcrack     
Looks pretty soild. You do want to try and gain the dual lands, but you already know this.

I feel like Fervor is a weak spot for this deck. Most things are low cost as is and get out early. I feel you would want to play something else for that three spot. Me personally, I would lower the creature count just a tad bit to say around 26 and add some more support spells. Like MB the searing for more early game removal. I like the deck overall. I say with a little fine tuning you should be doing some damage.

Happy Hunting Mate!
"I don't do tactics. I don't do guard duty. I do damage. Take it or leave it." "Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead" -Jaya Ballard, task mage "The enemy has been destroyed, sir. So have the forest, the city, your palace, your dog . . ." Keldon soldier "Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you."
I might try and mainboard the spears. The main reason I keep fervor is so I can instantly use the effects of say silverblade or frontline instead of hoping it doesnt get burnt out. What creatures should I drop for the spears?
I might try and mainboard the spears. The main reason I keep fervor is so I can instantly use the effects of say silverblade or frontline instead of hoping it doesnt get burnt out. What creatures should I drop for the spears?
I'd drop the War Falcon for Searing Spear
I have a hard time taking out the falcons because he's won it for me plenty of times during playtest. What about taking out gather of the townsfolk for spears

Searing Spear is still one of the best removal spells in the game. I don't think Fervor gives you enough value for , and is redundant with five of your creatures. Silverblade Paladin gives you a benefit to the soulbonded creature, regardless of whether it has haste or not.

While Pillar of Flame is excellent against Strangleroot Geist and zombies, I wonder if Mugging is constructed-worthy in a Boros deck, especially since you might actually trigger batallion.

Also, I'd take Volcanic Strength in the sideboard over Bonds of Faith. Asssemble the Legion can also be a solid sideboard card (against control), but I don't know that you have enough land to support it.

What about taking out fervor for searing spear then replace pillar of flame with mugging
What about taking out fervor for searing spear then replace pillar of flame with mugging

I think that would be worth trying. I thikn you want at least 3x Searing Spear. It depends a bit on your meta though. I thought zombies were gone, but they're not.
The past few weeks there has only been 1 zombie deck and 1 or 2 control decks the other 30 are Jund and Naya aggro decks
Then try Mugging. I like trying new stuff. I have a black/white exalted deck that uses Smite. Catches people off guard every time.
Thats how I am too. Like using cards nobody really thinks of. Like using gridlock to ensure cipher abilities go through in a Dimir mill
Trying different stuff is really fun. Zombies probably wont die till after the big hitters rotate out in October. I actually started to run run simi zombies. I have 4x Gravecrawler 4x messengers and 3x Diregraf in my current deck. I am switching from my old decks which happen to be aggro of some sort...and this deck is now Orzhov sac aggro...

anyway! Those choices sound pretty good. They should help you in the long run.  
"I don't do tactics. I don't do guard duty. I do damage. Take it or leave it." "Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead" -Jaya Ballard, task mage "The enemy has been destroyed, sir. So have the forest, the city, your palace, your dog . . ." Keldon soldier "Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you."