Dwarfiest Dwarf that ever Dwarfed

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, I'm working on another theme build, and this will probably be the one most easily OPed because it has the loosest theme I've ever had for a character concept.

Our group has decided that our next campaign will be a themed campaign, and the theme is that we are all Dwarves.

I decided that if I'm going to play a Dwarf (I don't typically even consider it) I want to be as Dwarfed out as possible.

So far, I actually haven't gotten much nailed down as to that part.  Some feats I'm very attached to:
Dwarven Weapon Training
Delzoun True Born
Stonefoot Reprisal
Dwarven Durability
Stoneheart Warrior

Not decided on a PP yet, but I know there are some decent Dwarf ones as well, and I'm partial to the Dwarven Defender currently.

Beyond that, I had a couple sub-themes I was considering: maximizing saving throw bonus, maximizing healing surge value, basically just being as tough to crack as possible.  Also was considering a sub-theme of a "black hole" build.  I know there is such a build on the forums, so I will look for it after I post this.

One other plan I had for the character that's kind of up to our DM is that, at epic, I'd like to take Eternal Defender and dual wield both the Axe of the Dwarvish Lords and a Hammer of Thunderbolts (both artifacts).

I used to read Peldor, and was always inspired by the character Mongo as far as how a Dwarf character should be, and he had quite a few artifacts and minor artifacts (Peldor was based on 2nd edition, and he had the Coat of Arnd, a named artifact hammer that's similar to the Hammer of Thunderbolts,  and a girdle of giant strength which I guess was considered a minor artifact at the time).  For the dual-wielding to be useful at all, I'd need some attacks that use both, so for the class I've been considering hybrid Fighter/Warden, though I'm also tempted to just go straight Warden for both Font of Life and Guardian Might (Earthstrength).

EDIT: A couple of questions:

1) Since Dwarven Resilience is now an encounter power, rather than just a feature, does that mean that if you have ways of making extra second winds, you can't make the extra ones as a minor action?  I think this becoms moot once you have Stoneheart Warrior, but that is at epic.

2) With Stonefoot Reprisal, if an enemy tries to push you, can you reduce it to 0 but still make the attack, or can you make the attack, reduce it to 0 if it hits and if it misses, then reduce the distance?

3) With Stoneheart Warrior, if you take damage that would reduce you to 0 or less, I'm assuming it's too late to take the free action to heal, so does that mean you have to do it right before you would take the damage?
Sig
Yes, I killed your BBEG with his own lair:
Setting: Tomb with a perilous bridge and cliff 100 feet above a lava pit. Mummy pops out of his sarcophagus, initiative: Felix, Half-Elf Artificer: Twin Strike with crossbow. Trump (ala Donald), Eladrin Warlord: Charges mummy with Opening Shove, pushing off the cliff. Mummy fails saving throw, and falls into pit. Sanshiro (ala Japanese "superhero" Segata), Minotaur Barbarian: Strength check to lift sarcophagus and carry to cliff. Free action, drop sarcophagus into square above mummy. Sarcophagus drops on mummy, shoving him further down into lava. Mummy: proceeds to make a series of horrible athletics checks to swim and climb cliff. Dies a horrible death with lava permeating every orifice. Entire Party: Watches on in delight, faces alit with the glow of lava and flaming undead.
Original CharOpper
I soap myself up, and turn up the hot water in the shower, so my sweat mixes with the soap, slickening my skin: +5 to grapple I use my own legs as a shield since only upper-body hits matter: +5 defense I use my teammates bodies to construct a vehicle for myself, and dual-wield their weapons because as long as I win, we all win: +10 attack, +10 defense I completely ignore the enemy, their attacks, the devastating damage they are dealing to me and my team, and strike directly for their base, completely obliterating them, their way of life, and any chance they had at survival as a species: WIN Ender: The Original CharOpper and Power Gamer.
Soulforged, firstborn of moradin, or hammer of moradin are the obvious choices.  Avalanche hurler possibly?

Edit: Don't forget resilience of stone if you are a martial class.
Resilience of Stone might make it's way in, but would definitely be swapped out for Stoneheart Warrior at epic.

The only one of those I considered was Firstborn of Moradin, but still like Dwarven Defender more. 
Sig
Setting: Tomb with a perilous bridge and cliff 100 feet above a lava pit. Mummy pops out of his sarcophagus, initiative: Felix, Half-Elf Artificer: Twin Strike with crossbow. Trump (ala Donald), Eladrin Warlord: Charges mummy with Opening Shove, pushing off the cliff. Mummy fails saving throw, and falls into pit. Sanshiro (ala Japanese "superhero" Segata), Minotaur Barbarian: Strength check to lift sarcophagus and carry to cliff. Free action, drop sarcophagus into square above mummy. Sarcophagus drops on mummy, shoving him further down into lava. Mummy: proceeds to make a series of horrible athletics checks to swim and climb cliff. Dies a horrible death with lava permeating every orifice. Entire Party: Watches on in delight, faces alit with the glow of lava and flaming undead.
Original CharOpper
I soap myself up, and turn up the hot water in the shower, so my sweat mixes with the soap, slickening my skin: +5 to grapple I use my own legs as a shield since only upper-body hits matter: +5 defense I use my teammates bodies to construct a vehicle for myself, and dual-wield their weapons because as long as I win, we all win: +10 attack, +10 defense I completely ignore the enemy, their attacks, the devastating damage they are dealing to me and my team, and strike directly for their base, completely obliterating them, their way of life, and any chance they had at survival as a species: WIN Ender: The Original CharOpper and Power Gamer.
EDIT: A couple of questions:

1) Since Dwarven Resilience is now an encounter power, rather than just a feature, does that mean that if you have ways of making extra second winds, you can't make the extra ones as a minor action?  I think this becoms moot once you have Stoneheart Warrior, but that is at epic.

2) With Stonefoot Reprisal, if an enemy tries to push you, can you reduce it to 0 but still make the attack, or can you make the attack, reduce it to 0 if it hits and if it misses, then reduce the distance?

3) With Stoneheart Warrior, if you take damage that would reduce you to 0 or less, I'm assuming it's too late to take the free action to heal, so does that mean you have to do it right before you would take the damage?

1) You are correct. You get one minor action second wind. However, Resilience of Stone and Stoneheart Warrior do not carry the same restriction.

2) Yes to all of them. The attack goes off before the forced movement. After the attack, you can still reduce the movement if needed.

3) It's never too late to take a free action. You can interrupt the damage before you fall unconscious.

A couple other dwarvish things I use on my dwarf Runepriest|Fighter - Earthforger theme fits really well with dwarves, and Moridan's Boon is a great complement to Stonefoot Reprisal (Push me? I hit you. Pull me? I hit you). Maybe not the most optimized options, but very thematic.

3) It's never too late to take a free action. You can interrupt the damage before you fall unconscious.

Generally free actions are reactions.  So you end up taking the damage and then healing it.  If you went unconscious briefly, the net result is you are prone.
Yup.  Moradin's Blessing of Iron is on my equipment wishlist for my boon "slot".

Good call on the Earthforger.  I hadn't looked into themes yet, but that's a nice fit.  I wish the difficult terrain from the level 5 feature were 2 squares.  Currently, I can pull stuff adjacent with the Standard of the Hungry Blade, but I don't have any way to prevent shifts using a burst 2 of difficult terrain except with a Battle Standard of the Tides; so that would be 2 Standard actions each encounter, just to set it up.
Sig
Original CharOpper

Generally free actions are reactions.  So you end up taking the damage and then healing it.  If you went unconscious briefly, the net result is you are prone.

Immediate Reactions are reactions. Free actions are typically more like interrupts. Consider Elven Accuracy or Second Chance - they wouldn't work at all if they didn't interrupt their trigger.

The example closest to Stoneheart Warrior I can think of is the Artificer's Resistive Admixture. You can use it as a free action to gain temps, which people activate the moment they get hit. Rather than taking damage and then gaining temps, the temps absorb the damage directly. You take a free action between the time you are hit and when you actually take the damage.
I agree that I can interrupt the damage with the free action to second wind.  What I was hoping is that I could go ahead and take the damage, putting me into the negatives most likely, then use Second Wind, so that I basically get to ignore the damage (because I heal after the damage rather than before).

I think if I let the damage go through, though, I would be unconscious at that point and unable to even take the free action.

Unless it's ruled that I could take the free action after the damage, but before the uncsciousness takes affect from me having gone into the negatives. 
Sig
Original CharOpper
Triggered free actions are reactions unless they MUST be interrupts to function.  This particular free action functions fine as a reaction (it doesn't need to modify anything about the trigger, like, say,. elven accuracy) so it's a reaction - and you can't use free actions when you're unconscious, so it doesn't work if the triggering attack KOs you.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
You'd need a way to remain conscious while under 0 HP to use it that way. Several classes have utility power interrupts that allow you to do so for a turn a day.
So it's a reaction unless it doesn't function as one.

But if you fall below 0 it doesn't function as a reaction.

So, it's not a reaction?
Can it be a reaction to the hit and still come in after the hit but before the damage?
Sig
Original CharOpper
Yes it can.  Reactions happen after the trigger, but can happen before the action that contains the trigger to resolve. 

For example, target marked by you, hits your ally with a double attack, your combat challenge can happen after the first one, before the second attack.
So it's a reaction unless it doesn't function as one.

But if you fall below 0 it doesn't function as a reaction.

So, it's not a reaction?

No.  It's a reaction unless it CAN'T function otherwise.  This CAN function otherwise, it's just that you're unable in this case to trigger it.  Youst like you can't use an Immediate Reaction to something if you fall unconscious because of the thing.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Or how you can't use a reaction (like Shrug It Off) to becoming dazed to make a saving throw against the daze effect
Sig
Original CharOpper
Yes it can.  Reactions happen after the trigger, but can happen before the action that contains the trigger to resolve. 

For example, target marked by you, hits your ally with a double attack, your combat challenge can happen after the first one, before the second attack.

Combat Challenge is an interrupt.
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
Let's back up a step.  Stoneheart Warrior is 'use your second wind as a free action'.  There is no trigger.  To use a free action as an immeadiate action of any kind it needs a trigger.  So in this case you must use it before the damaging action or after the damaging action fully resolves. 

As Nirafelos indicated above, this means if you are not conscious after the damaging action you cannot use it, since you cannot take free actions while you are unconscious.
I don't think the intent is to say that the free action Second Wind from Stoneheart Warrior is an immediate action of any kind.  The terms reaction and interrupt are just being used for convenience to indicate how they interact with other actions ocurring around them, and whether or not they can negate an action the way an immediate interrupt or opportunity action can.

A free action can be taken ANY time, which could include in the middle of another event, such as after an attacks hit is confirmed, but before the results of that hit are enacted.
Sig
Original CharOpper
A free action is resolved as a reaction.  It is not an interrupt of any kind.  This is all kind of moot, if you aren't an idiot, you wont be low enough that only an interrupt can save you while you have the ability to take your second wind as a free action.
A free action is resolved as a reaction.  It is not an interrupt of any kind.  This is all kind of moot, if you aren't an idiot, you wont be low enough that only an interrupt can save you while you have the ability to take your second wind as a free action.

The rule only applies to triggered free actions. Non-triggered free actions have no RAW for their timing resolution (despite years of requests, sigh).

The rule only applies to triggered free actions. Non-triggered free actions have no RAW for their timing resolution (despite years of requests, sigh).

My point still stands, don't be a noob and use it before not going unconscious requires an interrupt.
Side point, you know that dwarf is actually a verb, with a somewhat ironic meaning here?
A Beginners Primer to CharOp. Archmage's Ascension - The Wizard's Handbook. Let the Hammer Fall: Dwarf Warpriest/Tactical Warpriest/Indomitable Champion, a Defending Leader. Requiem for Dissent: Cleric/Fighter/Paragon of Victory Melee Leader Ko te manu e kai i te miro, nona te ngahere. Ko te manu e kai i te matauranga e, nano te ao katoa. It's the proliferation of people who think the rules are more important than what the rules are meant to accomplish. - Dedekine
My point still stands, don't be a noob and use it before not going unconscious requires an interrupt.

That really isn't clear by RAW, actually and, for a variety of reasons, is the opposite of the historical conclusion. There were powers in the original PHB that were non-triggered free actions that had to be interrupts to function. One of them was FAQed as working as an interrupt, despite the lack of a trigger. Most of them have been errata'd, but you can't ignore that the sole historical data point we have says, yeah, that is how it works for non-triggered free actions. Especially when it is the only official ruling we've ever gotten on non-triggered free actions.
There is actually an IR power that triggers off of you dying.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
My point is, unless you are focus fired down along with a ton of nasty effects, you have plenty of time to use it at any point rather than waiting until an attack would drop you.
I'm preping a character for a group running at 18th level, but the DM requires to see a completed build 1-30th level before any character can be jumped in, so he can prepare for what any character may bring to the game. You guys/gal inspired me, and this is what I came up with based on the discussion above. any suggestions or improvements would be greatly appreciated.

Show

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======

Boldurian, level 30

Dwarf, Runepriest/Fighter, Dreadnought, Indomitable Champion

Runic Artistry Option: Wrathful Hammer

Hybrid Talent Option: Rune Master

Versatile Expertise Option: Versatile Expertise (Axe)

Versatile Expertise Option: Versatile Expertise (Hammer)

Epic Heroism Option: Strength

Epic Heroism Option: Constitution

Warsmith (Warsmith Benefit)

Theme: Earthforger

(My group uses a 24 point build)

STARTING ABILITY SCORES (before Racial Modifiers)

STR 18, CON 12, DEX 10, INT 8, WIS 14, CHA 11

FINAL ABILITY SCORES

STR 28, CON 20, DEX 14, INT 10, WIS 20, CHA 13

AC: 44 Fort: 47 Ref: 39 Will: 43

HP: 208 Surges: 15 Surge Value: 57

TRAINED SKILLS

Athletics +29, Endurance +35, Heal +25, Perception +25

UNTRAINED SKILLS

Acrobatics +17, Arcana +15, Bluff +16, Diplomacy +16, Dungeoneering +22, History +15, Insight +20, Intimidate +16, Nature +20, Religion +15, Stealth +17, Streetwise +16, Thievery +17

POWERS

Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack

Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack

Earthforger Attack: Stone Panoply

Dwarf Racial Power: Dwarven Resilience

Runepriest Feature: Rune of Mending

Fighter Attack: Combat Challenge

Fighter Attack 1: Dual Strike

Runepriest Attack 1: Word of Diminishment

Runepriest Attack 1: Executioner’s Call (replaced @ Level 13)

Fighter Attack 1; Driving Attack (replaced @ Level 19)

Earthforger Utility 2: Earthforger's Might

Fighter Attack 3: Parry and Riposte (replaced @ Level 17)

Runepriest Attack 5: Cage of Light (replaced @ Level 15)

Fighter Utility 6: Ignore Weakness

Fighter Atack 7: Come and Get It (replaced @ Level 23)

Runepriest Attack 9: Rune of Boundless Fury

Runepriest Utility 10: Protective Scroll

Dreadnought Attack 11: Inexorable Advance

Dreadnought Utility 12: Blood Iron

Runepriest Attack 13: Iron Redoubt (replaced @ Level 27)

Fighter attack 15: Dust Storm Assault (replaced @ Level 25)

Runepriest Utility 16: Rune of Reinvigoration

Runepriest Attack 17: Word of Healing Assault

Fighter Attack 19: Strike of the Watchful Guard

Dreadnought Attack 20: Line-Breaker Assault

Runepriest Utility 22: Rune of the Hero's Resolve

Fighter Attack 23: Warrior's Urging

Fighter Attack 25: Marking Barrage (replaced @ Level 29)

Indomitable Champion Utility 26: Epic Tenacity

Runepriest Attack 27: Word of Divine Battle

Fighter Attack 29: Sudden Onslaught

Indomitable Champion Utility 30: Unmatched Defense

FEATS

Level 1: Dwarven Weapon Training

Level 2: Hybrid Talent

Level 4: Delzoun True Born

Level 6: Resilience of Stone(retrain @ Level 21)

Level 8: Versatile Expertise

Level 10: Mobile Challenge

Level 11: Two-Blade Warrior

Level 12: Dwarven Durability

Level 14: Enduring Wallop

Level 16: Savage Axe

Level 18: Hammering Iron

Level 20: Mark of Warding

Level 21: Rune of Battle

Level 21: Stoneheart Warrior

Level 22: Rapid Combat Challenge

Level 24: Stonefoot Reprisal

Level 26: Improved Defenses

Level 28: Axe Mastery

Level 30: Martial Mastery

ITEMS

Adventurer's Kit

Power Jewel

Backlash Tattoo x1

Moradin's Blessing of Iron (level 13)

Holy Symbol x1

Devotee's kit

Holy Water (level 6)

Helm of Opportunity (paragon, until level 29)

Khyber Shard of Life Drinking (paragon tier)

Gloves of the Healer (epic tier)

Iron Armbands of Power (epic tier)

Dwarven Elderscale Armor +6

Cloak of the Walking Wounded +6

Lifedrinker Waraxe +6

Throwing Hammer of Defence +4 (replaced after level 14)

Mighty Dwarven Thrower Craghammer +6

Eye of Awareness

Greaves of Maldeen (paragon)

Boots of Caiphon

Ring of Action Reversal

Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor

Diamond Cincture (paragon tier)

Battle Standard of Healing

Battle Standard of the Hungry Blade

Dice of Auspicious Fortune

Stone of Earth

====== End ======

PS sorry for the spacing I'm having some trouble with copying from my text editor 

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/4.jpg)

I have a dwarven fighter|runepriest/cleric/tactical warpriest/ceaseless guardian that I built out to 30.  I will try to track him down.  I do have a thread where I posted the first draft of him.

Here is the first version but it needs some work.   
Good builds both.

Olinswordforger:  the only comment I have is that you should get Master at Arms, rather than Versatile Expertise.  Other than that, a solid build, and likely similar to what I will end up with, except I will be Fighter|Warden instead of Fighter|Runepriest.

Koshinuke: What is it that turns your combat challenge into an opportunity action instead of an immediate?  Whatever it is, wouldn't you not need Rapid Combat Challenge in that case, since you are making it as an opportunity action instead of immediate? Other than that, a  very interesting build.  I like how you pretty much ignore daze/stun.  Of note, I saw that you mentioned Ring of Free Time in regards to being dazed.  RoFT gives you an extra minor, but daze still only lets you use 1 action (plus the extra move action you get from your head slot).
Sig
Original CharOpper
The tactical warpriest punishment is an OA.
Finally got a build put together.  Feel free to comment and/or make suggestions:

Build

Mordin Stonefoot, level 30
Dwarf, Fighter/Warden, Dwarven Defender, Eternal Defender
Hybrid Warden Option: Hybrid Warden Will
Hybrid Talent Option: Warden's Armored Might
Guardian Might Option: Earthstrength

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 28, CON 26, DEX 16, INT 15, WIS 18, CHA 8

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 17, CON 16, DEX 13, INT 13, WIS 16, CHA 6

AC: 48 Fort: 43 Ref: 41 Will: 43
HP: 216 Surges: 20 Surge Value: 78

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +23, Athletics +29, Dungeoneering +26, Endurance +32

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +17, Bluff +14, Diplomacy +14, Heal +19, History +17, Insight +19, Intimidate +14, Nature +19, Perception +19, Religion +17, Stealth +18, Streetwise +14, Thievery +18

POWERS
Warden Feature: Warden's Fury
Warden Feature: Warden's Grasp
Fighter Attack 1: Dual Strike
Warden Attack 1: Thorn Strike
Fighter Utility 2: Battle Fury Stance
Warden Utility 6: Bear's Endurance
Warden Utility 10: Spiritual Rejuvenation
Earthforger Utility 10: Tremor Step
Dwarven Defender Attack 11: Press Forward
Dwarven Defender Utility 12: Forge Fire Heart
Fighter Attack 15: Unyielding Avalanche
Dwarf Utility 16: Mountainborn Tenacity
Warlord Attack 17: Hail of Steel
Warden Attack 17: Warden's Lure
Dwarven Defender Attack 20: Keystone Collapse
Fighter Attack 25: Marking Barrage
Eternal Defender Utility 26: Implacable Destruction
Fighter Attack 27: Cruel Reaper
Warden Attack 29: Form of the Imperious Phoenix

FEATS
Level 2: Two-Blade Warrior
Level 6: Master at Arms
Level 8: Resilient Focus
Level 10: Superior Will
Level 11: Hybrid Talent
Level 12: Repel Charge
Level 14: Stonefoot Reprisal
Level 16: Swift Recovery
Level 18: Dwarven Durability
Level 21: Second Skin
Level 21: Superior Reflexes
Level 22: Earthstrength Might
Level 24: Stoneheart Warrior
Level 26: Epic Recovery
Level 28: Rapid Wild Defense
Level 30: Rapid Combat Challenge

ITEMS
Axe of the Dwarvish Lords
Hammer of Thunderbolts
Voidhide of Durability +6 x1
Iron Armbands of Power (epic tier) x1
Boots of Quickness (epic tier) x1
Gauntlets of Destruction x1
Circlet of Indomitability (epic tier) x1
Amulet of Vigor +6 x1
Iron Ring of the Dwarf Lords x1
Ring of the Fallen x1
Belt of Mountain Endurance x1
Battle Standard of the Tides
Strongheart Tattoo (epic tier) x1
Elven Chain Shirt (epic tier)
Standard of Eternal Battle
Unconquered Standard of Arkhosia
Avalanche Hammer Craghammer (Large) +6 x1
Dwarven Thrower Waraxe (Large) +6 x1
Horreb Ritual Cube
====== End ======

Sig
Original CharOpper
heh, change his name to "Dorf, the dwarven ambasador of dwarves"
I'm preping a character for a group running at 18th level, but the DM requires to see a completed build 1-30th level before any character can be jumped in, so he can prepare for what any character may bring to the game. You guys/gal inspired me, and this is what I came up with based on the discussion above. any suggestions or improvements would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure I'd go with the preracial 18. WIS really brings a lot to the table for a Fighter|Runepriest, not the least of which is simply a better Will.

Going with two weapons seems unecessary as well. You have light shield proficiency and can technically use a Rhythm Blade Spiked shield for a full +2 shield bonus (proficiency just allows you to use it as a weapon). Dual Strike can be traded for Tide of Iron or maybe Resolute Shield for more dwarfy stoutness. If you really want to mark multiple people, an at-will attack is not really a strong choice at the level you'll be playing at.

Thanks for the suggestion Scatterbrained, here is the version of the build with changes based on you advise

Light sheild Build

Show

Boldurian, level 30
Dwarf, Runepriest/Fighter, Dreadnought, Indomitable Champion
Runic Artistry Option: Wrathful Hammer
Hybrid Talent Option: Rune Master
Epic Heroism Option: Strength
Epic Heroism Option: Constitution
Warsmith (Warsmith Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 26, CON 20, DEX 14, INT 10, WIS 22, CHA 13

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 14, CON 12, DEX 10, INT 8, WIS 18, CHA 11

AC: 46 Fort: 46 Ref: 41 Will: 44
HP: 208 Surges: 15 Surge Value: 57

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +28, Endurance +35, Heal +26

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +17, Arcana +15, Bluff +16, Diplomacy +16, Dungeoneering +23, History +15, Insight +21, Intimidate +16, Nature +21, Perception +21, Religion +15, Stealth +17, Streetwise +16, Thievery +17

POWERS
Runepriest Feature: Rune of Mending
Fighter Attack 1: Tide of Iron
Runepriest Attack 1: Word of Diminishment
Runepriest Attack 1: Executioner’s Call (replaced @ Level 13)
Fighter Attack 1; Driving Attack (replaced @ Level 19)
Earthforger Utility 2: Earthforger's Might
Fighter Attack 3: Parry and Riposte (replaced @ Level 17)
Runepriest Attack 5: Cage of Light (replaced @ Level 15)
Fighter Utility 6: Ignore Weakness
Fighter Atack 7: Come and Get It (replaced @ Level 23)
Runepriest Attack 9: Rune of Boundless Fury
Runepriest Utility 10: Protective Scroll
Dreadnought Attack 11: Inexorable Advance
Dreadnought Utility 12: Blood Iron
Runepriest Attack 13: Iron Redoubt (replaced @ Level 27)
Fighter attack 15: Dust Storm Assault (replaced @ Level 25)
Runepriest Utility 16: Rune of Reinvigoration
Runepriest Attack 17: Word of Healing Assault
Fighter Attack 19: Strike of the Watchful Guard
Dreadnought Attack 20: Line-Breaker Assault
Runepriest Utility 22: Rune of the Hero's Resolve
Fighter Attack 25: Marking Barrage (replaced @ Level 29)
Indomitable Champion Utility 26: Epic Tenacity
Runepriest Attack 27: Word of Divine Battle
Fighter Attack 29: Sudden Onslaught
Indomitable Champion Utility 30: Unmatched Defense

FEATS
Level 2: Hybrid Talent
Level 6: Resilience of Stone (retrained @ Level 21)
Level 8: Master at Arms
Level 10: Weapon Proficiency (Spiked shield)
Level 11: Mobile Challenge
Level 12: Dwarven Durability
Level 14: Hindering Shield
Level 16: Enduring Wallop
Level 18: Savage Axe
Level 20: Mark of Warding
Level 21: Rune of Battle
Level 21: Stoneheart Warrior (replaces Resilience of Stone)
Level 22: Rapid Combat Challenge
Level 24: Stonefoot Reprisal
Level 26: Improved Defenses
Level 28: Axe Mastery
Level 30: Martial Mastery

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit
Power Jewel
Backlash Tattoo
Moradin's Blessing of Iron (level 13)
Diamond Cincture (paragon tier)
Holy Symbol
Devotee's kit
Holy Water (level 6)
Khyber Shard of Life Drinking (paragon tier)
Gloves of the Healer (epic tier)
Iron Armbands of Power (epic tier)
Dwarven Elderscale Armor +6
Cloak of the Walking Wounded +6
Eye of Awareness
Boots of Caiphon
Ring of Action Reversal
Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor
Dice of Auspicious Fortune
Stone of Earth
Dwarven Thrower Waraxe +6
Rhythm Blade Spiked shield +6
====== End ======

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/4.jpg)

One thing to remember, when you use the power, you need to state what runestate you are going into. 

So if you attack with word of diminishment you need to state you are going into "rune of ______".  You have to do that for using a power with the runic keyword.  Even though you don't get the major rune states, you still get the riders of the state you are in for the powers.
Looks good, although I'm not familiar enough with powers past mid-paragon or so, so I can't give you much advice there. Keep in mind also that you don't have to blow the cash on a +6 shield - the +1 gives you the same shield bonus.
Find a way to get Rune of Meritorious Alacrity. We currently have a Runepriest playing at our table, and it's really the only useful thing I've seen him do (he isn't very good), but when he pops that, it single-handedly gives us the fight.
Sign In to post comments