mechanically inspired

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I've made a character specifically to abuse the bard's ability to infinitely multiclass that comes out to be (in order of what level they are attained) a Half-elf Valorous Bard/skald/paladin/warlock/swordmage/warlord/cleric who is military trained (Purple Dragon theme), worships Amaunator, and comes from a merchant hub city (Airspur background). The swordmage part may or may not come out not finalized yet.

Now while ruleswise it's totally sound I can't think of how to explain and roleplay something like this. Since I have no real roleplay idea for this I have no idea for appearance or even gender either.
You could say in your travels, you pick up not only stories and songs, but spells and stances.

Assuming you travel, anyway; it's a very bardic thing to do, and I figure for a merchant doubly so.
Bard's are considered to be naturally scholarly, represented by their +1 bonus to all untrained skills and the Bard-Of-Many-Trades feat, and thus you could explain your diverse class selection as a result of your research and study. For instance, you might have studied the fightining techniques of an ancient warrior-king to better understand him and capture his persona in song, while also gleaning a few points about martial leadership (warlord), or while studying up on the gods in a remote temple, you learned a few simple prayers so you could include them in future artistic works (paladin/cleric).
Lather, rinse, and repeat for each class.
Your bardic entertainer side could be... ACTING!!!
You BECOME the characters of history and myth.

Basically the same idea as EricDerRote only with your character makeing funny faces and talking in funny fake accents and being boarderline multiple personality disorder.
The sea looks at the stabillity of the mountian and sighs. The mountian watches the freedom of the sea and cries.
I like the acting idea. It allows me flexibility and the ability to just be outright ridiculous which I like because I like my sessions to be silly and fun.
I like the acting idea. It allows me flexibility and the ability to just be outright ridiculous which I like because I like my sessions to be silly and fun.

You could do worse that channel BRIAN BLESSED, I think.
You could say in your travels, you pick up not only stories and songs, but spells and stances.

+1

I like this. You catolog your travels by embodying a part of the people you meet.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)