Ulgris Mill help

3 posts / 0 new
Last post

*Deck is at 67 cards. Needs to be lowered.*

Strong, cheap creature removal to trigger consuming aberration. I hate aggro decks. The sideboard that will be created later will be to bring in the cards against the other deck types, but the main deck will not be spread thin and try to account for all deck types.

Mana dorks to ramp up to bigger spells faster and start with the stronger mind grind and killing wave. Dorks can be sacrificed to undercity informer to mill and avoid a board wipe, or block as needed.

Personally I think if you hate aggro you need more creature removal. Victim of Night hits most aggro decks pretty well.. I don't see the use of Psychic Strike x4 mainly cause 3 mana for a counter-spell that just mills as its extra thing. Also, I don't entirely like the idea of ramping with mana dorks for Mind Grind... If you like the whole mill the opponent out thing, you can check out an Undercity Informer re-animator-ish combo?
Personally I think if you hate aggro you need more creature removal. Victim of Night hits most aggro decks pretty well.. I don't see the use of Psychic Strike x4 mainly cause 3 mana for a counter-spell that just mills as its extra thing. Also, I don't entirely like the idea of ramping with mana dorks for Mind Grind... If you like the whole mill the opponent out thing, you can check out an Undercity Informer re-animator-ish combo?

I was also using the dorks as a little more than just a mind grind ramp. Chump blocker, a little more unpredictable mana usage, and board wipe negating with the informer. 

I understand about the Psychic Strike, and could do Dissipate instead, or just cut down on the numbers.