Need some elaboration on Drow Racial Power Cloud of Darkness

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sup all. I'm working on like a crossbow sniping rogue build. And I just got a quick question about the Drow Racial Encounter Power "Cloud of Darkness"

Encounter
Minor Action Close burst 1
Effect: The burst creates a cloud of darkness that remains
in place until the end of your next turn. The cloud blocks
line of sight, squares within it are totally obscured, and
creatures entirely within it are blinded until they exit. You
are immune to these effects.

So as long as you still got a move action, can you make a stealth check within the cloud? Like is it considered to give you concealment/cover (since no one has line of sight to you)?

Thank you in advanced

"Every battle offers an opportunity of victory. It's up to you to summon the courage to grasp that moment!" -- Kurando (Shadowhearts: Covenant)

"A man doesn't think he acts!" -- Kamina (Gurren Lagann)

It gives you total concealment, so yes, you can use it to roll stealth to Hide from things that don't have tremorsense/truesight.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.

Just to clarify slightly, a creature has total concealment when it is in a totally obscured square.  So yeah.

OD&D, 1E and 2E challenged the player. 3E challenged the character, not the player. Now 4E takes it a step further by challenging a GROUP OF PLAYERS to work together as a TEAM. That's why I love 4E.

"Your ability to summon a horde of celestial superbeings at will is making my ... BMX skills look a bit redundant."

"People treat their lack of imagination as if it's the measure of what's silly. Which is silly." - Noon

"Challenge" is overrated.  "Immersion" is usually just a more pretentious way of saying "having fun playing D&D."

"Falling down is how you grow.  Staying down is how you die.  It's not what happens to you, it's what you do after it happens.”