alternative rewards

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
ok i am wanting to give my players a alternative reward.  But how does one equip this on their character sheets so that they get the reward and stat bonuses...thanks
ok i am wanting to give my players a alternative reward.  But how does one equip this on their character sheets so that they get the reward and stat bonuses...thanks

Generally speaking just having it does all the work for you.  As soon as you buy the "reward of +2 skills" it effects you skills immediately.  No equipping necessary.
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
I guess what I mean to say is how do I equthese is reward on the character sheet using the character builder.  And can they have more then one?
Alternative rewards are considered items by the Character Builder under Miscellaneous.
Can they have more then one ?
Yes; you can have as many as a DM allows you to have
Tattoos being a good example; you can have as many as you have room to place on your body ((which is up to the DM))
Boons are not physical things so to speak, so they can stack as well

unless there have been something changed I don't know about.
Also, your the DM, you can do whatever your heart desires

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/1.jpg)

Thanks.  I know I am the Dm and can do what I like...but I just did not want my players playing with MY RULES and then go play another game and make assumptions that certain things are allowed!  I like to stock to the rules as much as possible!   N thanks every one for the help
Def can understand that concern, I have walked into a game or two and try something that I had allowed as a DM, but that games DM though was totaly off the wall and not allowed.
A good number of DMs I have played under though let their players know when something is house rules, just to avoid that kind of situation for peeps in the future

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/1.jpg)

About the only thing they would have to worry about is LFR rules.  A lot of DMs use what is LFR legal to say what is legal in their game.

In LFR you can't have more than one alternative reward at a time unless you have very specific story awards (and then only very specific boons).

I would limit it to one per. 
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
Yes; you can have as many as a DM allows you to have
Tattoos being a good example; you can have as many as you have room to place on your body ((which is up to the DM))
Boons are not physical things so to speak, so they can stack as well

unless there have been something changed I don't know about.
Also, your the DM, you can do whatever your heart desires

Boons are indeed unlimited (except of course by the treasure parcel appropriate for the level), but Tattoos actually have an item slot on the Character Builder and Sheet, so there is a limit of one active Tattoo per character I believe. (Likewise you ahev ten fingers but only two item slots for rings. The idea is that there is only so much "ring magic" and "tatto magic" which one being can handle. Of course actually it is for mechanical balance.)

Member of Grognards for 4th Edition