Superior Staff Implement and Weapon Enhancements

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was working on an character concept and using the online character builder (OCB).  I tried to give my character a with a Superior Quickbeam Staff with the Lightning Weapon enhancement, and to my surprise the OCB would not let me select such an item.  Now I know the OCB is not a rule source but I want to know if the OCB is in fact worng or if their is some rule I am unawear of that prevents me from putting weapon enhancement on superior weapon/implements (i.e. Staffs & Daggers).

Thank you 
OCB is wrong.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
I was working on an character concept and using the online character builder (OCB).  I tried to give my character a with a Superior Quickbeam Staff with the Lightning Weapon enhancement, and to my surprise the OCB would not let me select such an item.  Now I know the OCB is not a rule source but I want to know if the OCB is in fact worng or if their is some rule I am unawear of that prevents me from putting weapon enhancement on superior weapon/implements (i.e. Staffs & Daggers).

Thank you 

Make sure you're selecting the enchantment as an Implement, not a Weapon.
OCB is wrong.

Thank you, that is what I thought.  Do you or anyone else know of a way to 'houserule' such an item into the character builder?
Make sure you're selecting the enchantment as an Implement, not a Weapon.

I am, I took a screenshot to show that under Category-> Superior Implements, Item-> Quickbeam staff Lighting Weapon is not an option.  If I had a site to upload the screenshot to I would share the image with you.
Take a vanilla magic +X quickbeam staff and a lightning quarterstaff.  You'll have the properties of the lightning weapon on its card, and the quickbeam's enhancements on your powers.

Download the original offline CB, make a character file that has the Implement, import it.
@Alcestis: Where can this offline CB be found? 
@Alcestis: Where can this offline CB be found? 

Ask Google.  Google knows things man.  It's seen things you can't unsee
Sign In to post comments