8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Each creature in this cycle:

• Has a cast cost of 3CCC

• Is an Elemental Horror

• Is a 5/5

• Has the characteristic ability of his color

• Can't be the target of spells or abilities you control

• Has a big-ass global effect when it dies, an ability you could probably guess from the card's title

Avenger of Judgment
Creature-Elemental Horror
Vigilance
Avenger of God can't be the target of spells or abilities you control
When Avenger of God dies, destroy all creatures.  They can't be regenerated.
5/5

Avenger of Knowledge 
Flying
When Avenger of Knowledge dies, each player draws seven cards.
5/5

Avenger of Doom 

Intimidate
When Avenger of Doom dies, each player loses half his or her life, rounded up.
5/5

Avenger of Fire 
Haste
When Avenger of Fire dies, it deals 4 damage to each creature and each player.
5/5

Avenger of Verdance 
Trample
When Avenger of Verdance dies, each player puts X 1/1 green Saproling tokens onto the battlefield, where X is the number of creatures he or she controls.
5/5 

Thoughts?
seems odd the Fire does 4 damage to each, not 5 (since he's a 5/5....)

the green one seems kinda one-sided --- much more likely to benefit you more than anyone else (since green loves swarming and easy for you to build a deck around swarming)

other than feeling like white should be a more classic white ability than Wrath of God (not that wrath isn't a classic card.. it's just not the most white-feeling of classic whit cards), i like 'em

noting that the Titans (arguably more powerful) were also cmc 6, but were 6/6 instead of 5/5 and less restrictive mana costs... well, not really going anywhere with that; just noting it

EDIT = also, green (and kinda) blue (but mostly green) don't seem like horrors --- the other three have negative blasts when they die, but those two are only possitive
seems odd the Fire does 4 damage to each, not 5 (since he's a 5/5....)

the green one seems kinda one-sided --- much more likely to benefit you more than anyone else (since green loves swarming and easy for you to build a deck around swarming)

other than feeling like white should be a more classic white ability than Wrath of God (not that wrath isn't a classic card.. it's just not the most white-feeling of classic whit cards), i like 'em

noting that the Titans (arguably more powerful) were also cmc 6, but were 6/6 instead of 5/5 and less restrictive mana costs... well, not really going anywhere with that; just noting it

EDIT = also, green (and kinda) blue (but mostly green) don't seem like horrors --- the other three have negative blasts when they die, but those two are only possitive

If we're comparing every card to the Titans, then just about every card in existance is underpowered lol...

The problem with white is that there aren't that many "classic abilities".  I could've worded it, "each player gains 5 life", but who would play that card?  The current trope of white is to put in a bunch of Soldier, Spirit, Cat, or Angel tokens in, but that's always felt more green to me...
white does love life gain.. but, yeah, that would be all sorts of lame
white also loves to exile stuff -- exiling always feels white (to me anyway), unless you're exiling a graveyard

uhh... white likes to buff?
When ~ dies put a blargh counter on each creature.  As long as they have blargh counters on them, ....

(shrug)
though, buffing would also make it not feel like a Horror
Wrath of God is perfectly white and it's one of the few ways to distinguish it from green. (There are also reanimation or sleep effects.)

The one thing is the drawback. I get that it's there to prevent you from more easily getting rid of your own guy for the effect, but it's much easier and usually more efficient and effective with just a sacrifice outlet rather than trying to Dark Blade your own dude. Which means the reverse hexproof just isn't doing what it's supposed to and is mostly clutter on the card.
I'm decided to eliminate all the "can't be the target..." stuff.  If you want to blow up your own creature, you're paying 3CCC for a creature plus 1B for Doom Blade or whatever for effects that only cost about 2CC.
also, green (and kinda) blue (but mostly green) don't seem like horrors --- the other three have negative blasts when they die, but those two are only possitive

Generally speaking, those colors are the weakest in terms of negative abilities.  They don't have board wipes or single destruction or life loss or damage dealing.  The closest I could see is something like "Avenger of Memory" where everybody mills half their library.
Judgement and Fir aren't that different in a lot of games

doom is relative and late game which means it wil just be more menacing to swing with rather than dying

green could grab forest as easily as saporilins

blue knowledge is clever

"some stones should be left unturned" ~Urlock