dungeons of dread Mini's - How to add other mini's?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
My son (8) was recently given what appears to be a D&D miniatures starter game (www.amazon.com/Miniatures-Game-Starter-P...) and some random other minis with stat cards from an older cousin.  He has been excited to play and we have been going through the game and leaning together and the time we are sharing is great.  But my son is asking to add some of the other minis into the game and I am not sure how exactly to do that because the cards are different then the ones specific to the starter game.

From a little looking around it seems I have some minis from War Drums and some other set.  The cards that came with the set provide:
Level, AC, DEF, SPEED, HP and they spell out the attacks the mini can use.  here is an example on eBay (www.ebay.com/itm/D-D-Miniatures-Deathjum...)  

The others cards provide:
Level, AC, SPEED, HP.  But they do not provide DEF which the starter rulebook uses to check against range attacks and some do not spell out the attack options.  Here is an example of two other types we have eBay (www.ebay.com/itm/D-D-Miniature-Horde-Zom...) and (www.ebay.com/itm/D-D-mini-CULTIST-OF-THE...)

Is there a way to use the minis from the other set with the Dungeons of Dread starter pack?  Or is there a different set of rules that I should read that would explain the other character cards and how to figure range attacks and melee damage?  It seems the cards are for a different game/rule system and I am not sure how to combine them or even if you can.

Thank you for any help you can provide, I would like to keep this time going with my son.  It is good math practice for him and good quality time for us both.

I hope this link will help U

ddmguild.com/dd-miniatures-original-edit...

I think it's the game that you mean

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight. "Black Knight" Dungeon Command in Spanish Fb group - www.facebook.com/groups/591503270875957