Cleric Holy Symbol

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
A cleric in my group wants to equip a mace and a shield.  If equipping both of those, can he still use powers that require a holy symbol?
No powers in 4e (that I'm aware of) REQUIRE a holy symbol. 

That being said....

Unlike most other implements, you do NOT need to wield a holy symbol to gain any of its benefits.
The other answer is just plain no.  Your cleric can keep his holy symbol on his chest and cast through it with no worries.  Same thing with Ki Focus, they don't have to be held either.
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
The other answer is just plain no.  Your cleric can keep his holy symbol on his chest and cast through it with no worries.  Same thing with Ki Focus, they don't have to be held either.

Thanks!
But real the cleric wants to take battle clerics lore to gain a shield bonus, bit that is a different topic.