Level 11 and as many dice as u cab hold

28 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hello all,

I am trying to make a level 11, character that can roll the most dice in one turn, note not do the moat damage. Has to be level 11 can not use dailies which includes magic item daily powers but can use as many encounter powers as you like.

So far I am up to 16 with an iron wrought, half orc, and executioner vampire mc rogue.

Two attack rolls and 14 damge dice
So 1 for Vamp slam, 2 for inevitable strike, 3 for assassin strike, 3 for sneak attack, 2 for attack finesse, 1 for blood drink, 1 for furious assault and 1 for horned helm. Any advances? Am sure using a weapon that is either 2d6 or 2d4 and charging with e.strike there are more to be had.

My advice would be to use a spellchecker. Tongue Out Also, there's a thread on the forums dealing with this very thing. If you do some searching, you might be able to find it. I can't recall the name of it right now. Something like, "How many dice can you roll?"
Just remember the key is that if you take the MC spell checker feat you'll get more out it. If you hybrid spell check you have the use your Hybrid Talent feat to get the red lines whereas with the MC feat you get the red lines once per post. This leaves room to pick up grammar check and synergizes nicely with the html PP.

I am posted at work via a smart phone, hence the spell check not being available

However have edited the OP.

Also as I am posted via smart phone I do not have access to the search. If anyone could like the post where this has already been looked at I would be much obliged

Yeah, but you can only reroll your Strunk & White when you spend an AP. Not really worth it. I'd suggest the Mavis Beacon ED, though.

EDIT: Found it. community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758... 
Stormsoul Genasi Ranger with a Rogue multiclass gets 23 using an at-will and two of its plethora of minor action attacks without even needing a theme or item power. 
Charging Genasi Warlock|Executioner/Rogue

1d20+1d20(Inevitable Strike)+2d8(Inevitable Strike)+2d8(Promise of Storm)+2d8(Attack Finesse)+3d8(Sneak Attack)+1d8(Eldritch Strike)+1d6(Horned Helm)+1d8(vanguard weapon)+1d8(surprising charge)+2d8(curse)+1d8(mindbite scorn)  = 20

2d20 to hit, 17d8+1d6 to damage  

All you need is to minor action to turn on promise of storm, minor action to curse the enemy and then standard action to charge with eldritch strike.

Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
So far I am up to 14 with an iron wrought, half orc, and executioner vampire mc rogue.

So 1 for Vamp slam, 2 for inevitable strike, 3 for assassin strike, 3 for sneak attack, 2 for attack finesse, 1 for blood drink, 1 for furious assault and 1 for horned helm. Any advances? Am sure using a weapon that is either 2d6 or 2d4 and charging with e.strike there are more to be had.

The executioner bonus dice only works with weapon attacks, so take out the vampire. Which will probably greatly improve the build and it was only adding one die anyway. Replace with a Mindbite Scorn warlock to add three more dice instead.

Executioner also doesn't work with any 2d4/2d6 weapons. At least any I can think of without going large sized.

Yeah, if you really want to do this, some combination of Executioner, Rogue and Warlock is almost certainly the way to do it.  Probably Exe|Lock/Rogue, taking the feat for a use of backstab instead of an encounter power.  Then you're getting LOTS of dice...  Also, using a 2d4 weapon would help, but I don't think there's one that fits with that combo.

The other option of course is to go with a Slayer and maximise the number of [W] you're rolling.  Surprising Charge + Power Strike at level 11 gets you 4[W]=8 dice straight off with a Gouge.   +2 for ironwrought (3 if you count the d20), 1 for horned, one for vanguard, that's 12 without even trying.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
I guess a totally different route could be to optimize for dice over a silly burst size. Rolling 3-4 dice x 4-5 targets probably beats anything you can do on a charge.
Except that bursts are a single damage roll.

If you want to physically roll 20 dice at once, you're best off charging. 
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

Best I have for a single target attack (assuming same rules as Mellored's thread) so far  is 21 dice. With a half-orc Warlock/Executioner mc Rogue

two attack rolls with Iron Wrought.
and then 19 damage dice:

Rapier 1d8, Curse 2d8, Attack finesse 2d8, Assassin Strike 5d10 (extra two with PP), Furious assault 1d8, Sneak Attack 3d6, Inevitable Strike 2d8, Horned Helm 1d6, Vanguard weapon 1d8, Surprising charge 1d8

Summary:2d20 then 5d10+10d8+4d6

Anything else I can add?

Yes. You can make Assassin's Strike way higher by using all your retrain slots to crank its dice up.
So I retain all the Warlord Encounter powers away to gain more Assassin Strikes? Does the hybrid let you do that?
No, you retrain every level (3+) that you don't need the slot for something real, and upgrade the AS dice instead of selecting an encounter power. Assuming you're retraining a real paragon feat in at 11, that gives you an additional 8d10.
Genasi is two dice to the half-ork's one.
You could be mounted and use a lance instead.  That gets you an extra damage die on your rapier.

You could also use the 2nd minor action on the executioner to start your U2 Reroll as an Occultist (Which gives you more d20 rolls).

Also you should pick up SK pact and Mindbite scorn for an extra d8. 
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
Mindbite Scorn for another 1d6, Venom Hand Assassin for another 2d8, Gloves of Eldritch Admixture for another 3d6, and Spirit of Storm for another 1d6.
You also don't have Surprising Charge, which is a farily obvious one.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.

Oh duh. How about something like Spark Form then?
5 strikes gives you 4d20 on your move, followed by up to 4d8 on the attack.  8 dice for a move action ain't bad.

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

Oh duh. How about something like Spark Form then?

I guess we are assuming single target dice.  Because otherwise you can get way more crazy really quickly with huge burst/blast builds.  Hell, a Rebreather can do 3 x AB3/10 on their nova turn and that is ignoring standard actions.  With DPR king targeting nonsense you can get a silly number of dice that way anyways.

I think we should stick to the single target assumption. 
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
5 strikes gives you 4d20 on your move, followed by up to 4d8 on the attack.  8 dice for a move action ain't bad.

If you can get FSFS yeah, by all means.  Especially if your people rule you can avenger dice on that.  Then it starts to get nuts.
Show
I'm fairly new, but maybe a Multiclassing Bard has something on this? Being able to MC multiple Striker Features into one attack seems like a winning combination for this if you're level 11.

Spiked Chain Training
Ranger - Hunter's Quarry: +2d6
Rogue - Sneak Attack: +3d6
Warlock - Warlock's Curse: +2d6

Spiked Chain W=2d4 Light Blade.

There's probably a racial power somewhere that'll give an extra die or something.

Multiclass Swap for some 3W Encounter attack power and you're good to go.

So I'm seeing this;

Spiked Chain: 3W Power : 6d4
Hunter's Quarry: 2d6
Sneak Attack: 3d6
Warlock's Curse: 2d6

I'm up to 13. There's probably a ton of stuff I don't know to optimize with here though, so someone with more knowledge can pick up where I'm leaving off.
step A:  be a Companion Character
step B:  so the DM has easy stuff to do
step C:  so you can concentrate on the fluff you want

step D':  go out and buy Dicecapades
step E:   roll all those dice to great a-ffect , but no e-ffect

Here comes your 19th forums breakdown ... ohh who's to blame, it ain't 5E driving you insane.

I have no intention of ever playing this character, it is just a fun exercise for the charop board and me.
My suggestion, using a gouge. Based on an actual character.

Righteous rage of tempus (edit:with deadly axe for high crit), minor. 
5 star, 5 strike move
charge with blade of light, standard. 

Rage of tempus: 7 dice 
5 star, 5 strike: 4 dice
Iron wrought: 2 dice
half-orc: 2 dice
blade of light: 6 dice 
surprise charge: 2 dice
horned helm: 1 dice
vanguard: 1 dice

That's 25 damage dice. I'm sure there's some way to squeeze another one out of a paragon path or hybriding.
Are we talking one of those london type cabs that are little, or one of the big ole crown vic styles?  I've even seen minivan cabs here in San Antonio.  Those could hold a LOT of dice.
Sign In to post comments