White plume mountain

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was reading the article about awhile plume mountain.  And I am wondering what weapons are they referring to when they say Wave, Whelm, and blackrazor. And if they have a 4e version thanks  
Those three weapons are artifacts from previous editions, intelligent weapons with their own personalities and goals. Wave is a halberd if I remember right, and Blackrazor is a sword. I forget what Whelm is. Warhammer, maybe?
 I believe they were statted out for 4E. Adventurer's Vault 2, maybe? or maybe Mordenkainen's Magical Emporium or whatever that book's called...

EDIT: Yup - they're listed in the online Compendium... Wave is a trident (published in The Plane Below) and Whelm is a warhammer (published in Open Grave). Blackrzor doesn't seem to be in there, but I'm fairly positive they statted it out somewhere.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

IIRC, the whole S series will be reprinted soon under the name "Dungeons of Dread", due out on March 19th.

OD&D, 1E and 2E challenged the player. 3E challenged the character, not the player. Now 4E takes it a step further by challenging a GROUP OF PLAYERS to work together as a TEAM. That's why I love 4E.

"Your ability to summon a horde of celestial superbeings at will is making my ... BMX skills look a bit redundant."

"People treat their lack of imagination as if it's the measure of what's silly. Which is silly." - Noon

"Challenge" is overrated.  "Immersion" is usually just a more pretentious way of saying "having fun playing D&D."

"Falling down is how you grow.  Staying down is how you die.  It's not what happens to you, it's what you do after it happens.”

EDIT: Yup - they're listed in the online Compendium... Wave is a trident (published in The Plane Below) and Whelm is a warhammer (published in Open Grave). Blackrzor doesn't seem to be in there, but I'm fairly positive they statted it out somewhere.

Blackrazor was the subject of a contest a while back.  The winners' submissions for it were published.

As far as I know, none of them were officially accepted as the Blackrazor.

IIRC, the whole S series will be reprinted soon under the name "Dungeons of Dread", due out on March 19th.

Yes, but this is just a reprint of the originals. This will not be a conversion to 4E (or any other edition), unfortunately.
Black Razor sucked souls if I remember right. It's blade looked like the night sky, but every star was a soul. I remember it well as I'd just read Michael Moorcock's Elric stories and I so wanted my character to have a blade like Stormbringer.
Finally some Greyhawk lovin'!
I've included all 4E references to White Plume Mountain locales in the Nentir Vale Wiki

community.wizards.com/nentir_vale/wiki/F...

theres a link in here to the blackrazor stats as well.