[Game/Conest] You make the commander deck with no Planning

128 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok. In the end, flavor text bought my vote. Our new commander to build is:
194049015 wrote:
Avalar, Battlemage 
Legendary creature- Human Soldier Wizard 
First Strike
Whenever " " deals damage to a player, put that many 1/1 white Soldier tokens onto the battlefield.  
Whenever you cast an instant spell, you may pay . If you do, copy that spell for each attacking creature you control. You may choose new targets for each of the copies.
2/4
Blade for strength. Strength for fire. Fire for glory.

Here's how this will work. 

1) You can post any cards that can add to the deck ANYTIME.

2) Every now and then, I will pop in and post a critieria. Entries need not follow criteria. 

3) When I do come in, I will grade each entries and give it a Pass of Fail. If a card receive the passing grade, it will be entered into the deck. 

4) The player with the most entries in the final deck wins. 

5) You CANNOT post more than one card in the same post nor can you make consecutive posts for entries. (Meaning: if you made a post, you must wait for someone else to make a card before you can make another entry.)

Criteria 1: Smoothing out mana curve. I'm surprised that only after more than a year of playing EDH I finally realized mana curve DOES matter in EDH as well. 

Create either a creature or an instant card with CMC 1. 

Winner gets a bonus point (like an extra card in the final deck).

Current Deck:
Link to MSE-SET file.
docs.google.com/file/d/0B3E40f8NJx2RWEVl...

The following list will no longer be updated.
Avalar's Order - - Instant
Blessed Battleground - Land
The Gauntlet - Land
Razorbone Armory - Land
Shinkaku - - Enchantment - Aura
Talisman of Courage - - Artifact

[spoiler Card Compendium:]  Full Spoiler List for
Set by

Daybreak Lens 1WW
Enchantment — Aura (C)
Enchant player
Whenever enchanted player casts a spell, you and permanents you control gain protection from each of that spell’s colors until end of turn.

“Let the glare of your enemy shed light on your strength.
“—The Teachings of Zho

Instant Reinforcement XW
Instant (C)
Put X 1/1 white Human Soldier creature tokens onto the battlefield.

If R was spent to cast Instant Reinforcement, those tokens have haste.
“Who said I was alone?”— Avalar, Battlemage

Kamikakushi W
Sorcery (C)
Target opponent chooses a nonland permanent they control. Exile it.

Shinkaku W
Enchantment — Aura (R)
Enchant legendary permanent
Enchanted permanent is indestructible.
When Shinkaku is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, return Shinkaku to its owner’s hand.

Barbarian’s Charge 5RR
Instant (C)
Barbarian’s Charge costs 1 less to cast for each attacking creature you control.
Put X 1/1 red Barbarian creature tokens onto the battlefield tapped and attacking for each attacking creature you control.
Strategy is irrelevant under the blade of a barbarian’s ax.

Cacophony RR
Enchantment (C)
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may discard a card. If you do, draw a card.

Kenforge 3R
Sorcery (C)
Each player discards his or her hand, then draws three cards.
Fire does not just destroy; it distills. What emerges from the crucible is no more and no less than is needed.

Spearhead the Attack 1R
Instant (C)
Until end of turn, target attacking creature gains first strike and trample and gets +X/+0, where X is the total power of other creatures you control.
“Now, with me!”

Witch Burning 1R
Instant (C)
Witch Burning deals 6 damage to target creature with an activated or triggered ability.

Avalar, Battlemage 1RRWW
Legendary Creature — Human Soldier (M)
First Strike
Whenever Avalar, Battlemage deals damage to a player, put that many 1/1 white Soldier tokens onto the battlefield.
Whenever you cast an instant spell, you may pay 2. If you do, copy that spell for each attacking creature you control. You may choose new targets for each of the copies.
Blade for strength. Strength for fire. Fire for glory.
2/4

Avalar’s Orders RW
Instant (C)
Whenever target creature deals combat damage to a player this turn, that player sacrifices an artifact or enchantment.
Draw a card.
“Our enemies are tinder for the flames of our glory.” -Avalar, Battlemage

Brightheart Templar RW
Creature — Elemental Monk Knight (C)
First strike
If a player would search a library, that player draws a card instead.
“Ambition is poison to the spirit. The here and the now are enough.”
2/2

Call to Glory RW
Enchantment (C)
Whenever a creature you control attacks, you may pay RW. If you do, put a 1/1 red and white Soldier creature token onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.
“Everyone wants to be a hero. I offer them the opportunity.”

Gideon of Swift Justice 1RW
Planeswalker — Gideon (C)
Starting Loyalty: 3
0: Put a loyalty counter on Gideon of Swift Justice for each creature that attacked this turn.
-1: Until end of turn, Gideon of Swift Justice becomes a 3/3 Human Soldier creature with haste. He is still a planeswalker. Prevent all damage that would be dealt him this turn.
-X: Gideon of Swift Justice deals X damage divided as you choose among up to three target creatures and/or players.

Spellshield Paladin 2RW
Creature — Human Knight (C)
Vigilance
Whenever Spellshield Paladin attacks or blocks, you may cast an instant or sorcery card with a converted mana cost of X or less from your hand without paying it’s mana cost where X is the number of attacking creatures.
His shield is his best defense. His mind is his greatest weapon.
3/3

Sunwing Liberator 2RW
Creature — Human Knight (C)
Flying, haste
Battalion — Whenever Sunwing Liberator and at least two other creatures attack, at the end of combat, each opponent dealt combat damage chooses a land he or she controls. You gain control of those lands as long as you control Sunwing Liberator.
Order is upheld one precinct at a time.
2/3

Feroz’s Urn 3
Artifact (C)
3, T, Sacrifice Feroz’s Urn: Search your library for two basic land cards and put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
“Worldwide” is a matter of perspective.

Talisman of Courage 2
Artifact (C)
T: Add 1 to your mana pool.
T: Add W or R to your mana pool. Talisman of Courage deals 1 damage to you.

Blessed Battlegrounds
Land (C)
Blessed Battlegrounds enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add W to your mana pool.
2W, T: Soldier creatures you control gain protection from the color of your choice until end of turn.
When you can choose your field of battle, the gods will definitely be with you.

The Gauntlet
Land (C)
The Gauntlet enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add W or R to your mana pool.
If a creature would enter the battlefield during your combat phase, it enters tapped and attacking.
From the aether into the heart of battle.

Razorbone Armory
Land (C)
T: Add 1 to your mana pool.
1W, T: Put a charge counter on Razorbone Armory.
Equipments you control have equip 0 as long as there are three or more charge counters on Razorbone Armory.
You may cast Equipment cards from your graveyard as long as there are seven or more charge counters on Razorbone Armory.

[/spoiler]

Leaderboard:

PlayerCards EnteredRound Wins
3-7-15-1-2921
BiggBaddBill11
ConfusedAsUsual1
metalevolence9
Kuro_Ageha5 (-2)2
SimonGlume2
SuperSpawnWrithe11
Tekkahedron2

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Gore
Instant
~ deals 3 damage to target creature.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14, reinstated (reactivated?) on 9-24-14 (been seeing more FNM, prerelease, and release events as of late)
Joined the crowd and got an Avatar from zammm's Avatar Workshop on 5-6-2012

Khans of Tarkir Clan Quiz
After three iterations of taking the quiz, it says each time that I'm Temur, the clan. Which is funny because the dual-color tests still yield the same two results as before.

That "Dual Colors" personality test thing
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20806.jpg)

I am Black/Green

Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!

Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg)

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

Conqueror's Herald
Artifact Creature - Scout
Whenever Conqueror's Herald deals damage to an opponent, you may sacrifice it. If you do, search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
1/1
Oh, I thought we were each going to build our own decks...
Late Recruits
Instant
Exile target creature an opponent controls. That creature's controller may choose to gain up to 20 life. For each 5 life that player gains this way, put a 1/1 white Soldier creature token onto the battlefield.
"Didn't you get the message? The war has been over for three months." - Commander Edward Gant

The player may choose to gain life of any numbe from 1-20.

So did I.  I'd obviously put Blade of Goodnight in this.

no haha. sorry to disappoint. ask rag why we didn't build our own set in "lets build a set with no planning game"

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]

Flash of Flame
Instant
Target creature gets +3/+0 until end of turn. 
Battalion - If three or more creatures are attacking, target creature gets +4/+0 until end of turn instead.
Well there have been make your deck games like this, where you slowly build cards for yourself. So I guess I'm out then.
Well there have been make your deck games like this, where you slowly build cards for yourself. So I guess I'm out then.

why don't you host one XD i'm in then.

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]

why don't you host one XD i'm in then.

Because I don't grade things.
Card #2, following a non-me entry above.

Commander's Blade
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each Soldier you control.
As long as equipped creature is legendary, it has first strike and vigilance
Equip

Avalar's Orders
Instant
Whenever target creature deals combat damage to a player this turn, that player sacrifices an artifact or enchantment.
Draw a card.
"Our enemies are tinder for the flames of our glory."
-Avalar, Battlemage

Normally this is just a crappy disenchant variant that's only redeemable by cantripping. Then the commander makes it insane.

Cauterize
Instant
Regenerate target creature. ~ deals 2 damage to that creature.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14, reinstated (reactivated?) on 9-24-14 (been seeing more FNM, prerelease, and release events as of late)

After three iterations of taking the quiz, it says each time that I'm Temur, the clan. Which is funny because the dual-color tests still yield the same two results as before.

I am Black/Green

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

Cauterize
Instant

Hey, now doesn't this seem familiar.

Cauterize
Instant

Hey, now doesn't this seem familiar.

I've submitted it to, oh...5 contests now? Very small changes, if any.
I like it. It's up there with my Witherbloom among the cards I've made which I think are really good and nobody can convince me otherwise.

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

Tibalt, Prince of Sadism 
Planeswalker - Tibalt
[+2]: ~ deals one damage to a random player.
[-2]: Flip a coin. If you win the flip, discard a card, then draw a card. If you lose the flip, ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
[-4]: Search your library for a card and put that card into your hand. Then, discard a card at random. Shuffle your library.
{2}
Monk of Disciplined Fury
Creature-Human Warrior Monk
: ~ gets +1/-1 and gains double strike until end of turn.
0/2

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

[spoiler Post up to #20]
Gore
Instant
~ deals 3 damage to target creature.

We are not building a set here. I'm not looking for the spikiest card but this won't cut it. This is eternal constructed format XD 
Verdict: Fail

Conqueror's Herald
Whenever Conqueror's Herald deals damage to an opponent, you may sacrifice it. If you do, search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
1/1

Interesting viable ramp. I'm a bit torn how easy this is to get into play across all colors. This should probably more suitable at costing or
Verdict: Fail - but in consideration.

Late Recruits
Instant
Exile target creature an opponent controls. That creature's controller may choose to gain up to 20 life. For each 5 life that player gains this way, put a 1/1 white Soldier creature token onto the battlefield.
"Didn't you get the message? The war has been over for three months." - Commander Edward Gant

The player may choose to gain life of any numbe from 1-20.

A bit too much here. That number 20 and upto and may and every 5 just threw me off a little.

Flash of Flame
Instant
Target creature gets +3/+0 until end of turn. 
Battalion - If three or more creatures are attacking, target creature gets +4/+0 until end of turn instead.
Sure this can potentially becomes overrun. But this "aggro" card is quite one direction here. In a 100 card singleton deck, I would hope for something a bit more versatile.

Furnace Stoker

Creature - Human

Whenever ~ attacks, you may add to your mana pool. If you do, sacrifice ~ at the beginning of the end step.
Battalion - Whenever ~ and at least two other creatures attack, you may add to your mana pool. If you do, sacrifice ~ at the beginning of the end step.

The poor worker soon had nothing left to fire the furnace with - except himself.

1/1

I would prefer you not to comment on entries before I do. You are more than welcome to challenge my judgements afterwards. But there's no rule to commenting and it's a forum after all.
As for the card, I'd probably just play Skirk Prospector

Card #2, following a non-me entry above.

Commander's Blade
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each Soldier you control.
As long as equipped creature is legendary, it has first strike and vigilance
Equip

This is just too expensive. Pennon Blade is a thing. hedron matrix might be something along the line as well. We probably really want to go for either Champion's Helm protective type or swords for offensive.

Gideon of Swift Justice

Planeswalker - Gideon

0: Put a loyalty counter on ~ for each creature that attacked this turn.
-1: Until end of turn, ~ becomes a 4/4 Human Soldier creature with haste. He is still a plainswalker. Prevent all damage that would be dealt him this turn.
-X: ~ deals X damage divided as you choose among up to three target creatures and/or players.

//3

I actually liked all three of his ability. Thing is though, without haste, all previous gideon turns into a creature that is on the standard curve. 3 mana for a 4/4 haste is too much. Koth risks your mountain and still only do it at four. 

Avalar's Orders
Instant
Draw a card.
"Our enemies are tinder for the flames of our glory."
-Avalar, Battlemage

Normally this is just a crappy disenchant variant that's only redeemable by cantripping. Then the commander makes it insane.

Nice! Works with the commander and even nicer that it works with relentless assault and double strike 
Verdict: Pass

Shinkaku

Enchantment - Aura

Enchant legend
Enchanted legend is indestructible.
When ~ is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, return ~ to its owner's hand.

Very intriguing. Wording issues: It probably should mention "Legendary permanent" instead of just "legend". Looks soo cool. It's almost like a new rancor and insane in EDH. Is one too cheap!? omg i don't care.
Verdict: Pass

Cauterize
Instant

Feels a tiny bit limited in use/not versatile enough. boros charm is something XD

Tibalt, Prince of Sadism 
Planeswalker - Tibalt
[+2]: ~ deals one damage to a random player.
[-2]: Flip a coin. If you win the flip, discard a card, then draw a card. If you lose the flip, ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
[-4]: Search your library for a card and put that card into your hand. Then, discard a card at random. Shuffle your library.
{2}

Don't think the world is "ready" for a 1-mana PW. I especially dislike it growing at 2 since first turn. 
[/spoiler]

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Ya skipped my enchantment.

BTW, the planeswalker would be Koth, not Karn.
But you knew that. It was most definitely a typo.

fixed

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]

Cauterize
Instant

Feels a tiny bit limited in use/not versatile enough. boros charm is something XD

Boros Charm is an uncommon. And did not do a good job of following the trend of the other guild charms (which was a 1 mana effect in one color, 1 mana effect in the other color, and then something that both colors get for 1 mana; Boros Charm cheated and did a 2 mana effect of each color).

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

Are we allowed to resubmit failed cards with modification?

You are welcome to.
But I would be biased seeing it a second time since I might have influenced the design rather than it being purely yours. This is a design game/contest afterall. One thing I might do is to put them in the deck anyway but it will counts for 0 points, IF i happen to really like them.

Are lands up for consideration?

Yes. I have no plans yet. But it's likely we won't be playing more than 20 basic lands. (or maybe even all nonbasic).   

Are existing cards going to exist in this "deck"?

There are no plans to have any printed card included in the deck as of now.

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]

Cauterize
Instant

Boros Charm is an uncommon. And did not do a good job of following the trend of the other guild charms (which was a 1 mana effect in one color, 1 mana effect in the other color, and then something that both colors get for 1 mana; Boros Charm cheated and did a 2 mana effect of each color).

Tis commander deck is gonna be all bling$. It's not a commercial product XD Just saying.

What you say is fair about boros charm. It weirds me out a quite a bit.

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
What you say is fair about boros charm. It weirds me out a quite a bit.

Because it's true? Or because what I said makes sense (and may or may not be true)?

Bling Bling
Instant
Lifelink
~ deals damage to each creature you don't control equal to the number of multicolored creatures you control.
"Bling bling" is gangsta for "shiny gold stuff." But it hurts just to say it.

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

i mean the power level of boros charm weirds me out when i first saw it.
But wizards does that all the time. Make a cycle and pick a winner in it.

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Two fails...try for 3?  Here's a split card for you.  I'm operating on the assumption that being split adds to the mana cost. 

Divide//Conquer
Divide
Instant
An opponent separates all artifacts and enchantments into two piles. Exile both piles. Return all cards in one of those piles to the battlefield under their owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.

Conquer
Instant
You win the game if you attacked with 17 or more creatures this turn.

Conqueror's Herald
1/1

Interesting viable ramp. I'm a bit torn how easy this is to get into play across all colors. This should probably more suitable at costing or

At risk of sounding like an egomaniac, I honestly think this is a great design
Talisman of Courage
Artifact
: Add to your mana pool.
: Add or to your mana pool. Talisman of Courage deals 1 damage to you. 
Efficiancy Expert wizard
Tap an untapped creature you control:
   untap target artifact.
Tap an untapped creature you control:
  add to your mana pool to cast and activate artifacts
              "~flesh bends the best"
            - Wizard of the Seven Eyes

1/5

it's only one color though, but there's no reeason it couldn't be 3+
NO WAR

Sivitri Scarzam rose to challenge the Craw Wurm but was slain by Durkwood Boars.

Liliana emergent

Conqueror's Herald
1/1

At risk of sounding like an egomaniac, I honestly think this is a great design

No i love to hear feedback on my comments and this is not at all egomaniac. 

I agree it's a great design. Reminds me a bit of Mown's creation last year:

Cascading Waterfall (or something like that)
Land
You may play an additional land each turn.

There was a huge discussion. Most people liked it. I liked it too and I liked it alot. But my grip on this and also at Conqueror's Herald is that it seems to take away a little tiny bit too much from green.

Both cards here are wonderful in mechanics and balance. It is certainly not a bleed considering how far WotC bleeding was willing to go. It just in my design point of view, ramping in lands for green is as signature to a color as counter spells for blue. So I really rather we preserve that kind of design space while there are plentyful else to explore. In any case, I like that we deck builders are sticking to Diamond, Talisman and Signet for Ramping outside of green. Or with the sad robot.

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
I also wondered if it should be green, but I was considering it like an aggro version of wayfarer's bauble

Plus in commander we generally have to make heavy use of artifacts to shore up color pie weaknesses.
Tenacity 
Creature - Incarnation
Battle cry
As long as ~ is in your graveyard and you control a Plains and a Mountain, creatures you control have +1/+0.
3/3
Sunwing Liberator
Creature - Human Knight
Flying, haste
Battalion- Whenever Sunwing Liberator and at least two other creatures attack, at end of combat, each opponent dealt combat damage chooses a land he or she controls. You gain control of those lands.
Order is upheld one precinct at a time.
2/3 
Ok, I can't believe I missed this up until now and I'm a bit lost...if we're still on criteria one...

Drunken Assault        
Instant
Put a 1/1 red Soldier token onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.  Cast this only during your declare attackers step.
"It's only a drinking problem if it CAUSES problems.  I haven't lost a fight yet"
Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Week 1: Savor the Moment - Winner: ConfusedAsUsual!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Week 2: Grinning Ignus - Winners: Lobster667 and VRdragoon!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Week 3: Transcendence - Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Week 4a: Rofellos's Gift - Winner: SuperSpawnWrithe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Week 4b: Mortus Strider - Winner: Libe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Week 5: High Priest of Penance - Winners: Dilleux_Lepaire and Dudibus!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
don't think that works as worded Valkir

Kenforge
Sorcery
Each player discards his or her hand, then draws three cards.
Fire does not just destroy; it distills. What emerges from the crucible is no more and no less than is needed.

name and flavor text edits
Damaged Scarecrow
Artifact Creature - Scarecrow
When Damaged Scarecrow enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a permanent with converted mana cost 0, put that card onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
When Damaged Scarecrow dies, you may search your library for a card, put that card into your graveyard, then shuffle your library.
0/3

Figured I'd give an image for flavor. Poor guy is broken and needs new stuff, even a new home. Didn't make him defender, cuz you never know. The guy may find arms and legs.
Barbarian's Charge |
Instant

~ costs less to play for each attacking creature you control.
Put X 1/1 red Barbarian creature tokens into the battlefield tapped and attacking for each attacking creature you control.

Strategy is irrelevant under the blade of a barbarian's ax.
[spoiler Posts up to #40]
Glory Titan

Creature - Giant

First Strike
When ~ enters the battlefield or attacks, creatures you control gain +3/+3 until the end of turn.

6/6

This feels really green than red white. I almost wanted to suggest giving haste instead of first strike but that would resemble Craterhoof Behemoth too much, which goes back to my first point. It also feels really stale compares to the original cycle. I liked that you followed the template exactly.
Verdict: Not Pass

Monk of Disciplined Fury
Creature-Human Warrior Monk
: ~ gets +1/-1 and gains double strike until end of turn.
0/2

Interesting. If this were any other design contest, I'd give it thumbsup. But in the world of EDH, a fattie that doesn't really offer anything but beat is tough to make the cut, let alone a winnie.

Dry Field
Land

T: Add to your mana pool
If you control a red permanent, you may add instead.

It feels like the future sight cycle template. But it feels very weird. It doesn't fix your mana persay... It doesn't switch back easily. I like the flavor though. But our general is color heavy and I'd like to save the slot for an actual color-fixing land.

Bogardan
Legendary Land

Each land is a mountain in addition to its other land types.

a red urborg?

Urborg was such a signature land that I don't really feel it should be recreated. The machanic and its thematic effect fits black so much more. Imagine the tomb of urborg taints the whole world into darkness. Then imagine the fiery(?) Bogardan (which is actually an island) turns the whole world into countless Peaks!?

Two fails...try for 3?  Here's a split card for you.  I'm operating on the assumption that being split adds to the mana cost. 

Divide//Conquer
Divide
Instant
An opponent separates all artifacts and enchantments into two piles. Exile both piles. Return all cards in one of those piles to the battlefield under their owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.

Conquer
Instant
You win the game if you attacked with 17 or more creatures this turn.

I LOVE the name. It should be a card. But probably not a win-con. Sorry this is totally personal preference (as if the other comments are not lol) - lets not put win-con in EDH.
Verdict: Not Pass.

Talisman of Courage
Artifact
: Add to your mana pool.
: Add or to your mana pool. Talisman of Courage deals 1 damage to you. 

Verdict: Pass.
YES! We need them. 
[/spoiler]

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Also Closing Round 1. 
Congratulations to Shinkaku. XD

Sorry about all the fails. My meta was really really vicious. I am strictly hoping for cards that are either Extremely fun or Whacky, or Extremely Spikey.

Please pass on "common" designs. XD Cheers

I will put Round 2 in a new thread for people who lost track on what's going on here and can still design for it in a vaccum.

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
don't think that works as worded Valkir

Are you refering to a timing clause?  I guess you're right.  Thanks.
Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1
Please pass on "common" designs. XD Cheers

Awwww, but I specifically designed a common that works insanely well with the Commander!
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Show
Sign In to post comments