new packet soon?

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mearls and Co., please put out a new packet soon. The playtesters on the forum are bored and need something new to work on instead of having interminable discussions and trying to say the same thing in new ways on old topics.

In memory of wrecan and his Unearthed Wrecana.

5e should strongly stay away from "I don't like it, so you can't have it either."

Define new packet. I don't think I'd consider the last 2 or so packets "new".
...whatever
Define new packet.

A packet that has a more recent date than the last one.

In memory of wrecan and his Unearthed Wrecana.

5e should strongly stay away from "I don't like it, so you can't have it either."

A packet that changes martial damage dice in any way, even if it's a crazy, experimental way that doesn't work (what we have is a crazy, tried-and-tested way that doesn't work). I don't care if we have to wait for the Ranger and Paladin, I really just want a fix for the thing that breaks the game.
I was honestly expecting it today, so I'm obviously a bad judge.

That said my (bad) judgement says next week.
Magic 8-ball says:

Try again later.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
I'm guessing April 1st.
I would guess last week of March; after PAX East and before the next season of Encounters

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/10.jpg)

We're about due for another one. Especially since they said they wanted to get them out faster.

They tend to release prior to cons, so they can test out the new material at the convention. Such as how we saw the barbarian around the time of Winter Fantasy. So likely this week or next (the 19th) just prior to PAX East. But they might release it there first and release on the website after PAX (25th).
Before posting, ask yourself WWWS: 
What Would Wrecan Say?

5 Minute Workday

My Webcomic
Updated Tue & Thur

I'm wondering if the relatively long gap - as the gaps were theoretically getting shorter - signals that the packet will have a load of new, extra and different stuff in it or if it's just the way that workflow worked out that there's been a longish gap.
Dwarves invented beer so they could toast to their axes. Dwarves invented axes to kill people and take their beer. Swanmay Syndrome: Despite the percentages given in the Monster Manual, in reality 100% of groups of swans contain a Swanmay, because otherwise the DM would not have put any swans in the game.
I would guess last week of March; after PAX East and before the next season of Encounters

pretty much this

I'd say they wait until after the DM Competition for PAX East or possibly for the DM Competition at PAX East. 
They had said that we would be getting numerous smaller packets (like the Barbarian), but that hasn't really happened. I'm guessing that is because this next packet (which we know to be in internal testing) changes things for classes quite a bit (weapon damage dice replacing martial damage dice, etc.). 

I want it bad, I know that much! 
I want it early enough before www.tabletopday.com/ that I can learn the rules and run a game on march 30th. I want to recruit new folks for the playtest.
"What's stupid is when people decide that X is true - even when it is demonstrable untrue or 100% against what we've said - and run around complaining about that. That's just a breakdown of basic human reasoning." -Mike Mearls
I'm guessing April 1st.

Isn't that the new release date?

Magic Dual Color Test
I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and sheepish.
Yeah bring on the new packet devs! I am really keen to see the changes to martial damage... i would also really really like to see another 5-8 point spread in the bounded accuracy range (creating more differentiation between PCs based on hit bonus/AC than just damage/hp)
I'm guessing April 1st.

April 1st will see the release of a packet with something completely unorthodox.
A packet that changes martial damage dice in any way, even if it's a crazy, experimental way that doesn't work (what we have is a crazy, tried-and-tested way that doesn't work). I don't care if we have to wait for the Ranger and Paladin, I really just want a fix for the thing that breaks the game.

Yes I am in the same boat...

Luckly, I have been stalling level growth for the current campaign to make sure Fighters don't get the Martial Damage Bonus, even though the Martial Damage Dice cause enough problem as it is! lol