R/G Aggro

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Doing an open this coming weekend, just looking for any spot changes that I maybe haven't thought of.

with all of your creatures and spells being able to run off of red and green mana what is the purpose of the Temple Garden? If you had a hand full of red only cards and that happened to be your only land out, that would suck me personally, I would add 2 more forest and 1 more mountain and see how it plays for you. Also, I don't know what you could remove but with all the splashed red aggro in the overall meta, it might be good to sideboard a set of Volcanic Strength. Good luck at the open.
with all of your creatures and spells being able to run off of red and green mana what is the purpose of the Temple Garden? If you had a hand full of red only cards and that happened to be your only land out, that would suck me personally, I would add 2 more forest and 1 more mountain and see how it plays for you. Also, I don't know what you could remove but with all the splashed red aggro in the overall meta, it might be good to sideboard a set of Volcanic Strength. Good luck at the open.

Definitely changed the mana base, I don't know why I had them in there.

I'd like to run them in this metagame, but I don't know what to take out for them and how many to run if I did.  I was thinking I could skim a little of my SB, but I don't know how great that'd be.

Definitely changed the mana base, I don't know why I had them in there.

I'd like to run them in this metagame, but I don't know what to take out for them and how many to run if I did.  I was thinking I could skim a little of my SB, but I don't know how great that'd be.

How does that look?  I'm not so sure if what I took out outweighs, but it seems decent.  I think Domri is okay to take out, I'm not so sure about taking out Ranger's Guile, just because it can be so strong.
Been debating on whether I want to keep Rancor or not and put in Mortars, Pillar, or Volley.
Well, the Gardens do produce White, which can go toward Boros Reckoner... I don't know if it's worth it, but with that land setup you at least know you'll be able to cast him. 

I wouldn't drop the Rancors. It's an amazing card for aggro decks.
Yeah, I went back to Temples for consistency.

I see a lot of other RG decks running burn in place of Rancor because of Rampager.
I like Fling because of Rampager!
Seems almost like a wasted card because Rampager by itself can do that, maybe more indirectly, doesnt it?
You cast Fling in the second main phase after Bloodrush because the creature's power is inflated until EoT.
Ahh.. I see where you're going with this. I'll see what I can do. Maybe I'll play around with a single in there and 3 pillars if I decide to take out Rancors.
I am in favor of removing the rancors for Pillar or Mizzium Mortars.

Also a neat card that ive actually found usefull in RG Aggro is Gruul Charm .
100th post on 5/29/12 500th post on 8/20/12
I'll have to look at Gruul Charm a little and see how effective.
gruul charm is great your opp doesn't attack because they want to have blockers then you just make their blockers obsolete or kill off their flyers

Updated decklist as of now.  Still very iffy on the sideboard. Maybe switch out a couple Pillars and Mortars MD.
If your already "splashing" white with the temples, why not also throw in a set of sacred foundry's and then a set of Boros Charm's as well? Go for a mostly red, splashed green and white Naya aggro beatdown. Then you could throw in an Aurelia, the War Leader for a late game double combat phase push.

or somthing along the line of this, there is one guy that plays fnm where I do and he runs a list similar to this and has went 4-0 and 5-0 the last 3 weeks.
The splash is only  to make a turn 3 Boros Reckoner more consistant instead of having 3 Forest, which I might take out since Rancor is out.
The splash is only  to make a turn 3 Boros Reckoner more consistant instead of having 3 Forest, which I might take out since Rancor is out.

Looking at Skullcrack and Gruul Charm for the sideboard.  Hard decisions and it's cutting it close to my time constraints.

Any last minute opinions on the deck?
ground seal for the SB, i've been using it in my gruul deck wins.
Aurelia is too expensive for 21 mana the white isnt really bringing you any great advantages here and Rancor should most definitely be in this deck because it will give you an edge versus other aggro decks. If you both have a 1/1, a 2/2, and a 3/3 you are gonna be at a huge advantage if you can slap a rancor on a creature. Rancor is one of those cards that is almost auto include if you are playing its color.

I would drop Aurelia and the boros charms for Rancors and go with 4 searing spear over a 2/2 split with pillar unless your meta is heavy into zombies and strangleroot giest. And get rid of the white producing lands. That mana base is gonna increase the likelyhood of you shocking yourself at least twice as much, which can be a difference maker in such an aggressive meta.
and actually i dont know if id keep gruul charm i might go with 4 spears 3 pillars. You are running an aggro deck so gruul charms big upside of affecting multiple creatures is lessened because you wanna win before a lot of creatures hit the board and should be burning what ever is layed down early. I could see sideboard maybe for decks that churn out spirit tokens or somehow run out ground creature faster than you.
I don't think you're looking at the right list. I don't have any white.

Rancor and Rampager are very similar, and it's usually a harder time curving out with Rancors.

Tormod's Crypt is already in the SB.
Sign In to post comments