1x [C]Growing Ranks[/C]
1x [C]Intangible Virtue[/c]
3x [C]Rancor[/C]

Lands (23):
4x [C]Grove of the Guardian[/C]
4x [C]Selesnya Guildgate[/C]
9x [C]Forest[/C]
6x [C]Plains[/C]

I want copies of my [C=Intangible Virtue]Intangible Virtues[/C], and I want to replace [C]Growing Ranks[/C] with [C]Parallel Lives[/C], which I want to run at two, once I get the money. And I want to replace my [C]Selesnya Guildgate[/C] for [C]Temple Garden[/C], and I need some [C]Sunpetal Grove[/c] as well, which will replace two Forest and two Plains.... Critiqes? Tips? 

[C]Chorus of Might[/C] Has won me the vast majority of my games, so I feel like [C]Rancor[/C] Shouldn't replace it entirely, but 2 seems too low an amount? Should I drop a Charm for a third? Also, what should I drop for the second Intangible Virtue and Paralell Lives?

Edit: I need a sideboard, too. I have two [C]Aerial Predation[/c] for heavy flying decks, but that's about all I can think of.

I don't know much to add here because I don't play Selesyna but you could definitely consider Centaur Healer and/or Loxodon Smiter also Arbor Elf would give you a bit more ramp-age
I don't know much to add here because I don't play Selesyna but you could definitely consider Centaur Healer and/or Loxodon Smiter also Arbor Elf would give you a bit more ramp-age

I've been thinking of Sideboarding Centaur Healer. I tried Arbor Elf and he really just sat in my hand, because by turn 2 or 3 I'd much rather drop Trostani or a my Guildmage. Loxdon smiter is good, but where do I put him?
I would not reccomend having 4 groves of the guardian, simply due to the fact you only really can use them once you have 5 other mana sources and 2 creatures. I would recommend taking out one of those and the copies of eyes in the skies to replace them with Loxodon smiters.
I agree about the Groves. You'd probably do fine with just two, since you don't want to be drawing into a land that can't produce a color and won't do anything until fairly late.

It's a bit on the slow and situational side, but I'd recommend adding a few Fungal Sproutings. If you have a Wayfaring Temple and a good number of other creatures out, it's a good way to spend 4 mana: lots of Saprolings, and a huge power boost to the Temple. 

Instead of Eyes in the Skies, I'd run Midnight Haunting.  It's cheaper, and does basically the same thing early on. 
Should I replace my Groves with other lands then? Like 1 plains and 1 forest? or should I use the groves being gone to make room for other things?
If you can get them, I'd run a playset each of Sunpetal Grove and Temple Garden, or maybe 3 of each to replace the Guildgates and two Groves of the Guardian. 

Personally, I think you could stand to go up to 4 Charms. It's another source of trample, can give you a creature when you need one, and it's excellent removal for strong creatures.  

For what you can drop for more important things... Honestly, Vitu-Ghazi Guildmage isn't that great until mid-range or later, since you need at least 4 mana to do anything with her.  

Here's what I'm thinking: Drop the Guildmages and Growing Ranks, replace them with Intangible Virtue and 2 Parallel Lives.  
Sign In to post comments