More is better?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lets say this in simple childish way.

Is having more creatures on the battlefield than opponent giving you easy win ? Say it even simplier, do token decks have privileges over nontoken decks?
there is a risk of overextending and opening you up to a sweeper

but generally if you have a better board position, you win
proud member of the 2011 community team
there is a risk of overextending and opening you up to a sweeper

but generally if you have a better board position, you win

I hate you

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

My wrath of god, supreme verdict and day of judgment deck would like to say otherwise
I love trolls Dont hate me because I'm blunt and you cannot handle it
There is always Rakdos Charm.

Cheers
Step 1: Laugh Maniacally
Step 2: Play Massacre Wurm

Alternately:
Step 1: Play Blood Artist
Step 2: Play Mutilate
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)
Lets say this in simple childish way.

Is having more creatures on the battlefield than opponent giving you easy win ? Say it even simplier, do token decks have privileges over nontoken decks?

to answer the actual question, no, creature count isn't the only thing that matters. if I have, say, 4 1/1s and you have 2 3/3s, odds are I'm gonna have a hard time putting together a profitable attack. I can get in for 2, but I do it at the cost of two of my creatures. whereas you can pretty profitably swing, since I'll have to lose three of my creatures to kill one of yours, leaving me with a 1/1 to your 3/3, and if I just take it and swing back you're trading 6 for 4.

token-specific decks, however, often compensate for this with things like glorious anthem that specifically reward you for having many creatures.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

But very reliant upon the actual situation. I've heard mentioned that having 2 3/3's is better than 1 6/6. Thing is, the 6/6 dies to a single removal spell, you need two to get rid of the 3/3's, so there is also a case to be made for multiples. Multiples also allow you to split your damage more effectively. Especially in the case where the enemy can just chump-block you. in the aforementioned example, if those 2 3/3s had been 1 6/6, the 4 1/1's could just keep it busy for 4 turns.
On the flip side, 2 3/3s is less helpful against a 4/4 than a single 6/6 would be.  Swings and roundabouts.

Cheers  
I have a fondness for token strategies followed up by something like overrun to finish games quickly. The key is to try and get in under the sweepers. If your decklist plans to win after turn 4 then swarming strategies like this are generally not the way to go.
Don't be too smart to have fun