Chief Librarian

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Chief Librarian -
Creature - Human Wizard
When Chief Librarian enters play, put two blue 1/1 wizard creature tokens into play.
At the end of your first main phase, tap four other wizards you control. If exactly four wizards are tapped this way, you may draw a card.
The library's research team was clearly understaffed, but that didn't break his ambition.
2/2
Chief Librarian -
Creature - Human Wizard
When Chief Librarian enters play, put two blue 1/1 wizard creature tokens into play.
At the end of your first main phase, tap four other wizards you control. If exactly four wizards are tapped this way, you may draw a card.
The library's research team was clearly understaffed, but that didn't break his ambition.
2/2

While I'm sure Blue appreciates the token making (which it really shouldn't have), why am I running this over Archivist?
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Because Archivist doesn't provide a 2/2 creature plus two 1/1 creatures? Because Archivist requires tapped the creature when you draw a card?

Considering you're forced to tap them before the combat phase (so they stay tapped in opponent's turn), they tokens will at most block once if ever, and never attack.

[<o>]
Because Archivist doesn't provide a 2/2 creature plus two 1/1 creatures? Because Archivist requires tapped the creature when you draw a card?

So it is actually just giving Blue its own Siege-Gang Commander/Deranged Hermit/Captain of the Watch varient? I'm pretty sure that isn't in Blue's slice of the color pie.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
I don't really expect you to like the card, but you should realize that it's a drawback / advantage that's pretty complex and that would create lots of decisions for both players.. What if this 2/2 creature that's currently locking down 3-4 other creatures of that player attacks you, would you block? I was inspired by another design that has the same basic tension and that I posted a few months ago..

Ritual Of The Dawn -
Enchantment
When Ritual Of The Dawn enters play, put four black 1/1 cleric creature tokens into play.
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice a creature. If you do, you gain one life.
I don't really expect you to like the card, but you should realize that it's a drawback / advantage that's pretty complex and that would create lots of decisions for both players.. What if this 2/2 creature that's currently locking down 3-4 other creatures of that player attacks you, would you block? I was inspired by another design that has the same basic tension and that I posted a few months ago..

Ritual Of The Dawn -
Enchantment
When Ritual Of The Dawn enters play, put four black 1/1 cleric creature tokens into play.
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice a creature. If you do, you gain one life.

I saw the tension, the card isn't particularly tribal friendly (as mentioned, Wizards have better options for draw), you probably don't want to play more than one if you have any plans at all for tokens, if you want the draw it is exceedingly fragile, etc. I just feel that blue doesn't really need to be mucking around in that area. Black make a little more sense (although it has moved away from Segnir Autocrat and thrull making) for that idea. Ritual of the Dawn looks fine, although honestly it needs playtesting to find out if it is balanced in whatever format it ends up in. I wouldn't want it in a Standard with Greater Gargadon, but I doubt it tears up Legacy.
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Well, could blue get a few creature tokens that are restrained in a blue way and that are dedicated to something blue? And that black enchantment forces you to sacrifice your Greater Gargadon if you don't control another creature, you probably thought that it's possible to sacrifice this enchantment in addition to the four creatures?
Benthicore, Cackling Counterpart, Chronozoa, Back from the Brink, Followed Footsteps, Geist Snatch, Havengul Runebinder, Lullmage Mentor, Notorious Throng, Rite of Replication, Sharding Sphinx, Stitcher's Apprentice, Stolen Identity, Talrand, Sky Summoner, Talrand's Invocation, Undead Alchemist, and Wing Splicer all say that blue can get limited token generation, especially if its in a self-feeding combo. That being said, I don't like this that much. 4 wizards for 1 card? Make it 3 wizards and it supports itself. Okay. Make it 4 wizards, 2 cards and it takes another creature to support it, but more benefit... I like the concept, but it feels too weak as is. 
Dang it. I lost my post and it was of formidable size. Basically a re-cap: Don't like tribal, do like Selkies. Do like card. Do like tension. Don't like flavour text. Suggested Staff pun or "Wizard gotta get paid." - Lognot, Ghettomancer. . . 

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I guess that I could slightly increase the power + toughness and slightly increase the number of creature tokens and slightly increase the mana costs.. I like selkies just as much as you, buf of course it's pretty hard to come up with the right flavor!
I like the flavor. He's the head librarian, he has assistants, they research. The flavor of this i solid in my opinion.