leyline of sanctity question

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does the ability from the eldrazi "annihilator" count for spells and abilities that target you?

For an example:

My opponent starts with leyline of sanctity in their opening hand and plays it. A few turns later, I play Ulamog's crusher. Does the annihilator ability still work?

Auto card is your friend. Lightning bolt. -->. [ c] lightning bolt [ / c]. --> lightning bolt or replace c with deck and lightning bolt with your decklist.

Does the ability from the eldrazi "annihilator" count for spells and abilities that target you?

nope, the annihilator trigger doesn't target, the Leyline does nothing to it.
For an example: My opponent starts with leyline of sanctity in their opening hand and plays it. A few turns later, I play Ulamog's crusher. Does the annihilator ability still work?

yes

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Does the ability from the eldrazi "annihilator" count for spells and abilities that target you?

For an example:

My opponent starts with leyline of sanctity in their opening hand and plays it. A few turns later, I play Ulamog's crusher. Does the annihilator ability still work?

No, Annihilator doesn't target anything. Notice the reminder text says "defending player sacrifices..." not "target player sacrifices" or "target opponent".

Your opponent still has to sacrifice permanents when you attack him with your Ulamog's Crusher.

[<o>]