Ally rule and attack pumping rule questions.

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok for my first qustion it is on allys....so for example say i play  Kazandu Blademaster and his txt says First strike, vigilance
Whenever Kazandu Blademaster or another Ally enters the battlefield under your control, you may put a +1/+1 counter on Kazandu Blademaster. My qustion is his Ally enters the battlefield under your control effect. Does that count himself? so when he comes into the battle and there are no other Kazandu Blademaster already in play does he just gives himself the  +1/+1 counter? 

2nd qustion say I attack with a 1/1..The defending player says he will take the damage and not block. In reposne to that can I play for example gaint grow that gives a creature 3/3 and hit the player for 4? Thanks guys.
Kazandu Blademaster specifically mentions himself to make it clear that he triggers his own ability. His ability would actually function the same way if he didn't mention himself, since it doesn't say "another ally", but that's not obvious to players who don't have advanced rules knowledge, so they tried to make it obvious.

Yes, you get a chance to cast instant spells or activate abilities after blockers are declared but before moving to the combat damage step. The opponent won't get a chance to change blocking decisions after that point.

Level 3 DCI Judge Mission Viejo, CA

Kazandu Blademaster specifically mentions himself to make it clear that he triggers his own ability. His ability would actually function the same way if he didn't mention himself, since it doesn't say "another ally", but that's not obvious to players who don't have advanced rules knowledge, so they tried to make it obvious.

Yes, you get a chance to cast instant spells or activate abilities after blockers are declared but before moving to the combat damage step. The opponent won't get a chance to change blocking decisions after that point.

Cool Thank you.
His ability would actually function the same way if he didn't mention himself, since it doesn't say "another ally", but that's not obvious to players who don't have advanced rules knowledge, so they tried to make it obvious.

You should read the ability more carefully.
Touche. I meant if it just said "Whenever an ally enters..." instead of what it says. ;)

Touche. I meant if it just said "Whenever an ally enters..." instead of what it says. ;)

It would be functionnally different, for instance if there was an effect that removed creature subtypes from creatures.

Pretty limited though... :P

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

Good point. I forgot how important it was to mention the interaction of Kazandu Blademaster with Conspiracy naming something other than Ally, since they see play together frequently. ;)