Making a Gaming Board

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi I have a 2 ft. x 4 ft. white board that I drew a 1 in. x 1 in. grid on.  As of now my group plays by simply placing 2 pieces of sarran wrap over the top of it, and then drawing maps using expo markers.  I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions about how I could put some permanent covering on it so that we dont have to go through the hassle of re-applying the cover every session we play.  Preferably something cheap.
Get a sheet of plexi glass.
Owner and Proprietor of the House of Trolls. God of ownership and possession.
... doesn't putting something on top of the white board defeat the purpose of having a white board?
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
maybe its not a whiteboard but a white board, does that make any sense?
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
So, you have a board that you have painted white, and then you painted on the grid of 1" x 1" squares.  You currently just use saran wrap to cover the board, and then draw on it using dry-erase markers (just making sure that I understand you correctly).

If you want cheap, the saran wrap is the way to go.  If you want permanent, then bone_naga's suggestion of plexiglass is your best bet.  It will cost more than just the saran wrap, but you ought to be able to order it online, or find it in a hardware store.  If you have a Lowe's or Home Depot in your area, you ought to be able to buy it for around $25, and 4ft x 2 ft seems to be a standard size for a sheet of plexiglass.  What's nice is that you can drill a small hole in each corner of the plexiglass, then use a wood screw at each hole to hold the sheet in place on top of your grid.

Hope that helped.
Why not buy some wing nuts and 2or 3 sheets of plexiglass and then you could pre-draw maps.

....or get 2 pr three wet erase mats and call it a day. 
Chelsea FC - winner of 2012 FA Cup and Champions League Champions of Europe! Three Lions Resident Footie
Sign In to post comments