The Durai Papers #32

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
<  #31: Threads of War

Forgotten Souls

Creature — Spirit -
Flying
You may begin the game with Forgotten Souls exiled. If you do, reduce your starting life total by 1.
You may cast Forgotten Souls from exile.
5/5

How much is a 56-cards deck worth? Is 4 life a good price. Honestly, in white, I think it's too good. But whatever.

- AJD
"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men."The Durai Papers

Hardly foe-gotten, I'd be sayin' remember(?) to the kids I knew when they was this high. Kites and pedestals, and boots with tiny, live fish inside. I s'pect the usual, and r'spect the fluvial - but, and, lo also behold: This cradbroad ain't stickin' it for me. Like an envelope once sealed already, as I attempt to open my gray white mind to it, all that I feel is the ragged tearing of each gyrus, of every inflamed sulcus - I cannot stop to think of all the gnarled ninjas who stooped too low at they last bus stop. That final hold-up. The track that ain't suited for yo' marathrong hordes, bundlin' in napkin with the stick. Hop that train. Conduct them horns. Take the bull. And rub it.
How much is a 56-cards deck worth? Is 4 life a good price. Honestly, in white every combo deck ever conceived, I think it's too good. But whatever.

- AJD

fify

I'm not sure to be honest, but you just reduced your deck size by 7%, which is not inconsiderable when you're looking to just put your combo together. (ie, a 7 card starting hand is now 13% of your deck instead of 12% - OK that's not as much as I thought it would be).
Street Wraith sets the standard at 2 life. 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Why don't you simply have the player exile this card from his or her opening hand?
Street Wraith sets the standard at 2 life. 

I always forget about that card, but yes, you're right.
Don't forget Gitaxian Probe! ^.^
This is stronger than either the wraith or probe.

Both of those cards make mulliganing harder, because you don't know what card you're going to draw off of them if you get them in an opening hand.

This on the other hand starts exiled, so you never have that tough decision.
A little bit of courage is the real magic.
This is stronger than either the wraith or probe.

Both of those cards make mulliganing harder, because you don't know what card you're going to draw off of them if you get them in an opening hand.

This on the other hand starts exiled, so you never have that tough decision.

Yes, but Wraith and Probe both only cost you if you actually draw them. It isn't really noticable at 1 life, but at 2 life you would be starting at 12 for a little deck thining.

I actually think that Probe is the strongest varient because of Storm/Dryad/Guttersnipe/Talrand/Pyromancer's Ascension shennanigans.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
I think it should be 2 life, but the creature should cost a tad less. Right now it really would only be used for thinning your deck, but if it cost a bit less I could see it being played. Misthollow Griffin seems to put this cast from exile at 1/2 to .
It's just that if I reduce the cost, I'll basically be giving you a starting hand of 8.
"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men."The Durai Papers

Sign In to post comments