2 Blind Obedience
1 Fiend Hunter
2 Intrepid Hero
3 Oblivion Ring
2 Rootborn Defenses
3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
2 War Priest of Thune
[/deck]

I've been thinking about the Ajani-Gideon tag team since I pulled my first Gideon and it's time to take the plunge. I'm going to play this pile Friday.
I think Precinct Captain is better than Elite Inquisitor at the two-drop spot because he can make dudes. I would also cut a card, perhaps Faith's Shield, and run the full complement of Silverblade Paladins.
Have you tried thalia its a great card and a staple in most of my human decks. Also war falcon could see some use here
I also think Thraben Doomsayer is a cool card, not sure if he fits here, though. And I would also run Captain of the Watch as a 1-of because it's bad-ass.
Have u tried sublime archangel or I believe it's knight of glory sorry the knight with exalted and protection from white.they are great cards to use in any white deck. Btw sorry if I can't auto card am using my phone.
I think Precinct Captain is better than Elite Inquisitor at the two-drop spot because he can make dudes. I would also cut a card, perhaps Faith's Shield, and run the full complement of Silverblade Paladins.

I basically agree about the Captain, but I don't have four yet. If I run across another one, I'll probably make the switch.

I could do the fourth Paladin as well, although the curve might already be a little higher than I'd like.

Have you tried thalia its a great card and a staple in most of my human decks. Also war falcon could see some use here

Thalia, Guardian of Thraben is a sweetheart and could definately fit, at least in the side-board. It's certainly worth a thought.

I also think Thraben Doomsayer is a cool card, not sure if he fits here, though. And I would also run Captain of the Watch as a 1-of because it's bad-ass.

I like the Doomsayer and I've played him in casual decks. The Captain is just too expensive for my tastes mana-wise.

Have u tried sublime archangel or I believe it's knight of glory sorry the knight with exalted and protection from white.they are great cards to use in any white deck. Btw sorry if I can't auto card am using my phone.

Believe me, I've done Sublime Archangel to death. I've done with Exalted and I've done .

She's probably better than Jubie, but I like the latter and I'm going to give her a whirl at least once in FNM.

After a little play test match against Esper control, I realized Thalia, Guardian of Thraben would have to come on board. I considered not playing this after the first game but I managed to win the next two. I tuned up the 'board with Thalia and went ahead with it for FNM.

Both Champion of the Parish and Boros Elite performed well. I almost want to say the Elites might have done better; an Elite soul-bonded to Silverblade Paladin with +1/+1 from Angel of Jubilation and the the battalion effect is a LOAD. The Champ can also get it done. The great thing about both of them is one's opponent often has to use removal on these guys or they'll beat his brains out. That leaves less of it for the heavy-hitters who follow.

Silverblade was a major contributor and really should be a four-of. Jubilation had an impact as well. Boros Reckoner earned his keep and the direct-damage ability can be a game ender.

The Gather the Townsfolk tokens are meant to pump the Champ and get to battalion quickly, but I question their value. I did like what I got out of Faith's Shield.

Gideon, Champion of Justice did some work but Ajani, Caller of the Pride never made an appearence. Neither was really useful in any match-up tonight but I didn't get the match-ups these guys are intended to help with. I still think they might just work against some decks.

The last match was against tokens. I mulliganed down to five and keep a mediocre five at that. He managed to get a Moonsilver Spear in play and that was really what did me in.

After the board, I got good draws both games, dropped Thalia on turn two each game and steam-rollered him. He didn't last five turns in either game.

Sweepers are the deck's weakness and splashing for Boros Charm is probably the right thing to do. I didn't run into anyone playing sweepers in the tournament so that was a piece of luck since Rootborn Defenses is pretty tough to rely on as a defense.

The trouble with adding and the Charm is I'll probably be accused of playing a Net deck if I do.Wink
I would move ajani and gideon to the SB to be honest if they are only good against certain match ups. Bring thalia main and have you considered frontline medic.
Ajani might just get the boot. He's there only to provide Gideon with a boost and a lift. I would probably need another Ajani to have a chance of puling it off. The deck could probably be better without Gideon main-deck but this combo was the main idea.

The Medic could fit if both Ajani and Gideon were removed or relocated but honestly, I think Boros Charm would probably go in instead along with Clifftop Retreat and Sacred Foundry. The fourth Paladin would take the last slot.

Even with the failure to acheive the tag-team combo, the deck wildly exceeded expectations. I shall give things a bit more thought before I abandon mono- even though Boros is probably a better idea.