Flash Lands

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Here is my idea for a new type of lands, Flash lands!

Type:Land-Island, Swamp, etc.

Each Flash land would be only one type of land.

Flash lands could be played any time you can play an instant, land playing rules still apply (no more than one land per turn).

After playing a Flash land, you cannot play another land card until after your next end step. (This prevents players with flash lands getting an unfair land advantage)

The problem with this is, that the rules explicitly forbid players to play lands on another player's turn.

305.3. A player can’t play a land, for any reason, if it isn’t his or her turn. Ignore any part of an effect that instructs a player to do so. Similarly, a player can’t play a land, for any reason, if that player has used all of his or her land plays for that turn. Ignore any part of an effect that instructs a player to do so.

But you could give those lands an activated ability such as

Flash Plains
Land - Plains
: If no land entered the battlefield under your control this turn, put Flash Plains from your hand on the battlefield. If you do, you cannot play lands during your next turn. Activate this ability only when it is not your turn.

Not quite a total flash card, but the cleanest wording I could think of, that would work within the rules.

Edit: Had to change the wording, because it would have been possible to get 2+ of those lands out on your opponent's turn. Which would be crazy powerful. It still would be in multiplayer. Maybe make it legendary?

How about this? Would have the same multiplayer issue, though.

Flash Plains
Land - Plains
Put Flash Plains from your hand on the battlefield : During your next turn, you cannot play lands. Activate this ability only if no land has entered the battlefield under your control this turn and only during your opponent's turn.
Flash lands, cool idea.

Strobing Lands
Land
: Add to your mana pool.
Put ~ from your hand into play: Activate this ability only if no land has entered the battlefield this turn.
"Being chemical, it's at least not uniform. Lets just say that summoning sickness remains as long as you do."
: Add to your mana pool.

:?

http://nogoblinsallowed.com/

As much as I like infinite mana, that's just silly.
A little bit of courage is the real magic.
That cost was suposed to be , I best edit that fixed.