About MODO

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Yeah, zombies is obviously the best standard deck after its performance in the MOCS right?

Yeah? Guys?

Just another example of why you cannot compare MODO to paper standard.

(at)MrEnglish22

I follow MODO with the same zeal with which I follow my sister's menses, you'll have to catch me up.
Pillar of Flame bugged on modo since wednesday, they never fix, decide to run equivalent of wmcq for modo anyway despite glaring bug. Zombies takes majority of winning slots because oops, no pillar.
Every modo player that didnt win unhappy with result, just another example of why modo isnt representative of proper mtg meta

(at)MrEnglish22

I only know about it because of Twitter, where every notable player was either at a ptq, vegas, or in the MOCS

(at)MrEnglish22

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha losers. xD

No one plays Pillar of Flame in paper, either, but it's less of an issue when your deck is made out of card advantage and the best zombies can hope for is 1-1-ing you down to 0.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha losers. xD

No one plays Pillar of Flame in paper, either, but it's less of an issue when your deck is made out of card advantage and the best zombies can hope for is 1-1-ing you down to 0.

Wow. Talk about being COMPLETELY out of touch with the metagame.

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGS1AL.png) Sig by zpikduM.

I know, right?
No, I'm saying that Pillar is VERY good right now.

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGS1AL.png) Sig by zpikduM.

That's why I run it in paper.
The metagame on MTGO varies widely by type of event and even time of day (probably because the international mix you get is different).  If you play a standard daily in the evening east coast time, it probably most resembles the US paper metagame because it has a lot of players who care about MOCS, and it is too late for players in Europe and too early for those in Japan. 

The thing with Pillar this week is ridiculous.  I found out in game two of a 2-man queue up 1-0 against Human Reanimator when I hit with Mizzium Mortars overloaded to sweep the humans and followed up with Pillar on Angel of Glory's Rise.  It looked pretty much certain that I would be able to win in two turns since his hand was empty and I had several creatures on the board.  The Angel went to the graveyard with Unburial Rites in it, and that was that.  Then I flooded the last game.
Should've submitted to get a reimbursement. You would have gotten it.
I've heard a story about a guy who submitted a reimbursement request because his opponent played T2 Pack Rat games 1 & 2 and got the reimbursement. 

(at)MrEnglish22