Character Builder Dual Wielding Large Weapons

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I think this should go here, but if I'm wrong and should go under optimization, then sorry. 

Anyways, my friend is going to be homebrewing our next campagin with a certain theme. I want to use Bugbear in place of a creature from our theme even though I realize that most people consider Oversized unbalanced or whatever. I'm going with Two-Blade Fighting Style Ranger (Playing for fun, not optimization) and want to dual wield Battleaxes. The builder works fine when I equip a Battleaxe in both hands (as it is Versatile and works with the Two-Blade ranger) , but it doesn't automatically give the new die for the Bugbear's Oversize. To correct this I gave my charater two Battleaxe (Large) weapons (Bugbear can use weapons a size larger, then Two-Blade can use one-handed as offhand and Battleaxe is Versatile).  The character builder let me put the Battleaxe (Large) into my main hand, but it will not let le equip a Battleaxe (Large) into the offhand. However it will let me equip a Battleaxe (Large) in the main hand and a regular Battleaxe in the offhand. Is there something wrong with the builder in this instance? Or am I interpreting the Oversized wrong and really can't use an Large weapon in the offhand even if it is Versatile with Two-Blade?

Thanks for help in advance.
Its a bug from the Character Builder
It's not on the known issues list, however.  @_@

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

Might want to report it then
I did.  >_>

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

Well, thank you much for the help. I guess it's good to find more bugs?
You can also select 'customize' on your inventory screen and change the die size of your weapons.

Cry Havoc!  And let slip the hogs of war!

Sign In to post comments