What Re-Print(s) are you looking forward to in M14 and Modern Masters?

53 posts / 0 new
Last post
Simple enough - what cards would you like to see reprinted in the next core set and Modern Masters?  Besides Tarmogoyf obviously, lol.

I want Scavenging Ooze.  Either M14 or MM I don't care which.  Being printed only in Commander is not enough.

Scavenging Ooze can't be in Modern Masters, because it's never been legal in Modern.

I'm looking forward to the triumphant return of Giant Spider.
Removing it from a core set was bad enough; removing it from Standard entirely would be unthinkable.
Well I would have to say shardless agent and baleful strix.

These are great cards that I would like, but haven't had a chance to pick up a playset of, $15 each! Yikes, too limited of a print run on these guys.
IMAGE(http://www.spritestitch.com/forum/images/ranks/rank7mario.gif)
Scavenging Ooze can't be in Modern Masters, because it's never been legal in Modern.

Removing it from a core set was bad enough; removing it from Standard entirely would be unthinkable.

I was basing that comment on the fact that the Wizards article here, mentioned how they wanted to re-print cards only found in Commander/Arch Enemy/Planechase etc.

Maybe I misunderstood it, but either way it can still be reprinted it in M14.

Well I would have to say shardless agent and baleful strix.

These are great cards that I would like, but haven't had a chance to pick up a playset of, $15 each! Yikes, too limited of a print run on these guys.

I can't believe I forgot about Baleful Strix!  That was the whole reason I picked up Night of the Ninjas; though I did tweak it to a fun/effective deck, the Strix was the only reason I even looked at it.  That's another one that really needs to be reprinted.

I didn't realize that about the Agent; then again I've never run Cascade so I don't know what it plays like.
I was basing that comment on the fact that the Wizards article here, mentioned how they wanted to re-print cards only found in Commander/Arch Enemy/Planechase etc.

He was talking about how they were trying to use Commander/Archenemy/Planechase as a way to get old cards that were too powerful for Standard back in circulation, but found it laced with its own problems.

Reprinting fixed-set exclusives in expansion sets is another issue entirely.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

Blasphemy.  They never removed it from Standard.  They just let it wear a funny costume.

He was talking about how they were trying to use Commander/Archenemy/Planechase as a way to get old cards that were too powerful for Standard back in circulation, but found it laced with its own problems.

Reprinting fixed-set exclusives in expansion sets is another issue entirely.

Ok that makes sense.  I can see the issues with both reprints and exclusives  I myself would not have bought a Planechase pack if not for the Strix.  I do like the Ninja deck now that it's balanced so that worked out at least.

I was about to suggest another card...then I looked it up and realized Odyssey came BEFORE 8th edition so therefore...no Entomb

Reprint of ISD duals instead of M10 duals would be cool. Would certainly shake up the meta as many of the big, bad decks are using manabases hinging on m10 duals (BR aggro, RG aggro, bant).
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
Reprint of ISD duals instead of M10 duals would be cool. Would certainly shake up the meta as many of the big, bad decks are using manabases hinging on m10 duals (BR aggro, RG aggro, bant).

Should just reprint ALL of them

Borosites would LOVE this, I'm sure.
I want Koth to be reprinted in M14 so I can go Ash Zealot, Boros Reckoner, Koth of the Hammer. :getin:
I like the sound of that.
Although we're getting a Chandra. Hoping she'll be good.
Nope, they'll print a 3-mana Chandra that's somehow not nearly as useful as Tibalt.
Show
Chandra Nalaar is actually super-frigging good and I would play her even in today's standard, she just isn't an aggro card, and every new Chandra has been SIGNIFICANTLY worse than the last.
I love these speculation threads!

For Modern Masters, I suspect/hope to see Blood Moon, Sword of Fire and Ice, Sword of Light and Shadow, and Vedalken Shackles at RARE/Mythic; all ten painlands (Adarkar Wastes, et al) at UNCOMMON.

For M14, I hope to see Rhystic Study, Mind's Eye, Sapphire Medallion and its 4 cousins, Ricochet, Brass Herald, Ensnaring Bridge, Planar Portal, Price of Progress, Acidic Soil, Syphon Mind, the five Vows (Vow of Wildness and company), Wash Out, Bribery, and Inferno.  I prefer MP and EDH over typical duelling, and also believe that people can fix mana too easily, but that Ruination would be too powerful, even in Modern Masters.

Other neat cards might be Teferi's Puzzle Box, Annex, Confiscate, Death Pits of Rath, Fecundity, Furnace of Rath, Grave Pact, Greater Good, Intruder Alarm, Story Circle, Vernal Bloom, Natural Affinity, Gift of Estates, Hammer of Bogardan, Persecute, Plow Under, and Birds of Paradise (with that cool promo art).

Cheers!
A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.
If they reprint the 'Swords of'  they should also reprint Umezawa's Jitte; I'm sure it would be mythic rare, but still.

Edit: Just looked and realized it's banned.   
Would it be unreasonable to hope that in M14, we get some decent, color-fixing lands at uncommon?

"I will diminish, and go into the west, and there remain SgtPepperjack. Y'know, you really ought to come along with me."

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

Some cards I don't mind having "extra" of because they fit into so many of my decks (so by having "more" it just means I can construct "more" decks).

swords to plowshares or path to exile
counterspell
sakura-tribe elder - I'd be ok with a functional reprint since the tribe elder is kamigawa specific and would make me happy to include 2 of these in my EDH decks.
eternal witness
lightning bolt - this is one that I really have quite a few of but considering the number of decks I construct....
putrefy and mortify
tri lands

I know some of these are a long shot since they aren't getting printed in modern and they might be too powerful for standard but this is just a short list of common and uncommon cards that I don't have enough copies to fit into all of my decklists. Obviously there are a ton of rares that I'd like to have more copies of, however, considering that I'll want to draft these sets I'm most interested in if the common and uncommon cards will be worth owning or will they be trash (for example I'll lose all interest in modern masters if all of the common and uncommon cards are merely fringe playable and/or sideboard cards like ancient grudge).
Don't be too smart to have fun
Moving to Future Set Speculation.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
Dawntreader Elk is very similar to Sakura Tribe Elder. That extra mana can be tough though, but it is a stronger body.
Dawntreader Elk is very similar to Sakura Tribe Elder. That extra mana can be tough though, but it is a stronger body.

Most of the time sakura-tribe elder is rampant growth with prevent two damage. dawntreader elk does not compare favorably. They did print viridian emissary which is actually a pretty nice sakura-tribe elder imitation, however, I still prefer sakura-tribe elder because the MAIN reason why you're running this effect is to accelerate and viridian emissary doesn't always do that when you want him to.
Don't be too smart to have fun
Basking Rootwalla because I want more.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
Modern Masters: Sword of Fire and Ice and Sword of Light and Shadow would be a good start. New art for both done in a fashion similar to the Scars swords with the suns in the background would be sweet.

Magic 2014: Silver Knight and Blood Knight to compliment White Knight and Black Knight's M11 reprints and Kiln Fiend for playing with Izzet.

Manabarbs and Pyroclasm pleeeease! That's all I need to be happy. Well no, Ponder or at least something better than Thought Scour.
Birds of Paradise; they never go out of style.  However, I'd really like 1 of 2 things to happen;
1. They go back to 7th/8th edition art
OR
2. Create new art. (This would be the better option IMO)

The Ravnica art is lame; it's Birds of Paradise.  I just don't feel the current art suits the flavour of the card, though I'm sure people will disagree.
Black and Green Sun's Zenith.

I hope we DO NOT get back Royal Assassin...

He's just so much of a pita.
A royal pita. 

Madness, under its current rules, might be a bit too complicated for the core set, and gee, I wonder why I don't put Basking Rootwalla in my MODERN decks.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Would it be too much to ask for vendilion clique in my MM? I SAY NO! 

m14, I'd like to see doom blade come back.

Now, here's something cray. But, guise, how would you feel if Retrace was the returning m14 mechanic?

Eh, eh? I think yes.

Madness, under its current rules, might be a bit too complicated for the core set, and gee, I wonder why I don't put Basking Rootwalla in my MODERN decks.

Which is exactly why it needs a reprint.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
It would be wise to mention that either:
A) already modern-legal to be reprinted in Modern Masters.
B) actually printable in a Core Set to be reprinted in M14.

Outside of 8th/9th Ed cards, which are white bordered, I dont know what I want in Modern Masters cuz its not gonna have Fetchlands, and I can't imagine that anything else we need won't be reprinted. That said, things like Bribery, Planar Portal, Intruder Alarm.
M14: Birds, Day Of Judgment. Path, as the white Bolt/Leak/Rancor "little bit too good" card.
I anticipate the Planeswalkers being Ajani 3, so he gets two years, Jace Memory Adept, cuz there's already 4 Jaces, Liliana Dark Realms, same as Ajani, and a new Garruk to go with Chandra.
I'm looking forward to lots of MM reprints. I can't wait to see some notable timeshifted cards finally included in the modern cardframe. Lord of Atlantis, Disenchant, Pendelhaven, Darkness, etc. I'm also hoping to see reprints that drop the prices of cards like Arcbound Ravager, Glimmervoid, Sword of Light and Shadow, Sword of Fire and Ice, Aether Vial (hopefully at uncommon to become achievable at less than $10), Dark Confidant, Ensnaring Bridge, Vendilion Clique, Thoughtseize (especially). I am dying for more info.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Do you really think they will reprint Lord of Atlantis? With Master of the Pearl Trident now as almost complete functional reprint?
Disenchant was printed with modern borders in Coldsnap Theme Deck but I won't complain. It has earned its place.

I would like to see Angelic Page.  She would get to play with the angels running around right now, would do very well with Boros, and I'd be able to buy one that has the right creature types listed on the card (currently, only Demons vs. Angels deck had one listed as an Angel Spirit).

The Celestial Purge cycle could stand to come back.  We have a lot of offending black permanents at the moment... that does kill huntmaster, olivia, and RDW too though... so probably not.

For M14 I'd like Gideon Jura again, or anything other than 3 mana Ajani... That card is just terrible. I'd also like Obstinate Baloth (and Dungrove Elder) to return, since it didn't really get to do all that much in the land of Jaces. Also- Baneslayer Angel, because I'm so sick of Thundermaw Hellkite. Most importantly though, I'd like Mana Leak, Mana Tithe and off-color Ponder variants. Also it would be nice to keep Rewind around for a few years. Reprinting the Zenith cycle would be pretty sweet though.

For MM, just Bob Maher.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
So, um...

Path to Exile for M14, anyone?
I'm hoping for Nimbus Maze and its cycle to show up in M14.  It's about time that cycle came back, and they're quite cute with the shocklands.

For Modern Masters, I suspect/hope to see Blood Moon, Sword of Fire and Ice, Sword of Light and Shadow, and Vedalken Shackles at RARE/Mythic; all ten painlands (Adarkar Wastes, et al) at UNCOMMON.

I'd rather see the filter lands at uncommon.  The painlands are already dirt cheap, and no one really likes them.  Mystic Gate and company could use a bit of a price drop.

For M14, I hope to see Rhystic Study, Mind's Eye, Sapphire Medallion and its 4 cousins, Ricochet, Brass Herald, Ensnaring Bridge, Planar Portal, Price of Progress, Acidic Soil, Syphon Mind, the five Vows (Vow of Wildness and company), Wash Out, Bribery, and Inferno.  I prefer MP and EDH over typical duelling, and also believe that people can fix mana too easily, but that Ruination would be too powerful, even in Modern Masters.

Ricochet?  Do you mean Wild Ricochet?  I can't imagine an un card making it into the core set.  Especially not one with die rolls.

The vows would be neat, though.  Boosting auras that double as a pacifism of sorts.
Do you really think they will reprint Lord of Atlantis? With Master of the Pearl Trident now as almost complete functional reprint?
Disenchant was printed with modern borders in Coldsnap Theme Deck but I won't complain. It has earned its place.

Considering that A. Master of the Pearl Trident doesn't fall into the timeframe for MM reprints, and B. Lord of Atlantis sees 4-of play in Merfolk Legacy and Modern decks, and is a very beloved and popular card, yes, I think it'll be reprinted in Modern Masters.  And I forgot Disenchant was in the Coldsnap theme decks, but my point still stands, obviously.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
I'm hoping for Nimbus Maze and its cycle to show up in M14.  It's about time that cycle came back, and they're quite cute with the shocklands.

I'd rather see the filter lands at uncommon.  The painlands are already dirt cheap, and no one really likes them.  Mystic Gate and company could use a bit of a price drop.

The pains shouldn't be any higher than common. That would be one time I could agree with WOTC's idea about putting in "bad" cards alongside good cards to teach new players the difference. 
Proud member of C.A.R.D. - Campaign Against Rare Duals "...but the time has come when lands just need to be better. Creatures have gotten stronger, spells have always been insane, and lands just sat in this awkward place of necessity." Jacob Van Lunen on the refuge duals, 16 Sep 2009. "While it made thematic sense to separate enemy and allied color fixing in the past, we have come around to the definite conclusion that it is just plain incorrect from a game-play perspective. This is one of these situations where game play should just trump flavor." - Sam Stoddard on ending the separation of allied/enemy dual lands. 05 July 2013
I just want to see Intruder Alarm with black borders.
It has been a very long time since Millstone was around.  That would be nice to see.

Also would like to see Mesa Enchantress or Idyllic Tutor again.
It has been a very long time since Millstone was around.  That would be nice to see.

Also would like to see Mesa Enchantress or Idyllic Tutor again.

With keyworded Mill, of course.

(I know that WotC has said that it will never happen). 
Sign In to post comments