Hybrid Sentinel/Ranger: Does twin strike use 2 D12's?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
So a Summer Druid Sentinel replaces a quarterstaff's damage with a D12. If you take Staff Fighting to turn the staff into a double weapon, does the Twin Strike do 2 D8's or 2 D12's?
Summer Druid replaces the damage die of the staff with d12, so when taking staff fighting, that applies to staff fighting too.

however, I'm fairly sure you have to pay Hybrid Talent to get that on a summer druid, which probably isn't worth the feat cost.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Hybrid Sentinels do get to pick a season and summer seems to still have the 1d12 staff buff.
Twin Strike will do 1d12 damage per hit when you use it with your double quarterstaff.
As a hybrid the only thing the season grants is the animal companion and the skill boost. The other benefits were removed in the final version.
Summer Druid replaces the damage die of the staff with d12, so when taking staff fighting, that applies to staff fighting too.

however, I'm fairly sure you have to pay Hybrid Talent to get that on a summer druid, which probably isn't worth the feat cost.

Actually you can't get it period on a hybrid, it was removed from the final version.
Ah, the online characater builder is incorrect? Ok, thanks.
Ah, the online characater builder is incorrect? Ok, thanks.

If it is allowing it, then yes. Not super surprised by that.