RWG aggro

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello,
last night I opened a few boosters and decided to mix the cards with what I have in my RWG deck. Format: Modern, budget: Well I can spend a few bucks here and there but I'm not in a position to be able to afford duals/$15 a card. Any suggestions/tips/comments will be appreiated! Thank you! ;)

Creatures (21):
1 x Boros Elite 
1 x Experiment One 
1 x Dryad Militant 
1 x Truefire Paladin 
2 x Daring Skyjek 
3 x Bloodcrazed Neonate 
1 x Flinthoof Boar
1 x Skarrg Guildmage  
1 x Erdwal Ripper 
1 x Court Street Denizen 
1 x Attended Knight 
1 x Ghor-Clan Rampager
1 x Fortress Cyclops  
1 x Nav Squad Commandos 
1 x Rust Scarab 
1 x Foundry Champion 
1 x Victory's Herald
1 x Sylvan Primordial  

Spells (17):
4 x Lightning Bolt
3 x Shock
1 x Rancor
4 x Titanic Growth
2 x Martial Glory
1 x Signal the Clans
2 x Aerial Maneuver 

Lands (22):
8 x Mountain  
5 x Plain  
6 x Forest  
 1 x Sacred Foundry   
 1 x Boros Guildgate   
 1 x Gruul Guildgate   

First of all, format your deck. What you got to do is click the drop down menu next to the the word Format (shown by the purple arrow) and then click the option called Format twice (shown by the red). 

As for your deck, you are running to many singletons. You should be running 4 of and/or 3 of the best and most important cards you have. Boros Elite is very good and you should have 4 of them. The same can be said for Rancor. Right now you seem to be looking at an aggro deck. Therefore, expensive creatures like Victory's Herald and Foundry Champion will probably not be played, especially with only 20 lands. Other than that, there are better creatures for aggro like Goblin Guide, Vexing Devil and Boros Swiftblade

And also, I strongly suggest Madcap Skills. It extremely underrated and is becoming one of my favorite cards. 

Hope this helps. 

Dude! Please Learn How to Autocard!
To Autocard individual cards type [c*]Into the Maw of Hell[/c*] and remove the asterisks to get Into the Maw of Hell or Stuffy Doll. Ta-Da! Autocarded! When Autocarding a deck type: Yay! Now people are actually look at your decklist properly and help you improve it! Excellent! You can tell that I love exclamation marks!
Basics to Building a Solid Deck
1. Try to run playsets of cards (meaning 4 of a card). This way your deck will win more consistently and you will draw your better cards more often. 2. Make sure to focus your deck on one single idea that can win you the game and make sure all the cards in your deck contribute to that idea. You have a limited number of cards so make sure all of them count. For example, your deck could be a Elf Tribal deck, an Aggro aggressive deck or maybe a Control deck. 3. Card advantage is very important. You need to understand that cards the draw you more cards are extremely helpful. The more cards you have in your hand the more options you have. With more options you have a greater chance at winning the game. 4. Removal is also quite important. Most decks more or less should run at least some removal. 5. Last but not least, make sure your deck is exactly 60 cards! Even 61 is not acceptable. Good luck in deck building!
As you cut cards, drop the Shocks first.  Then Foundry Champion - he works best with consistent token-based strategies. 

If you cannot get more copies of creatures, try for more copies of Signal the Clans.

Overall, a more consistent deck will play more evenly.  A work around is to add cards that draw more cards.  Repel the Darkness appears as if it would play nicest with your strategy.

Cheers!
A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.
Without having the dual lands like more sacred foundry, stomping ground and temple garden I think you'd be better off with a 2 color decklist. Additionally you're playing 6 spells which cost 5 CMC or more. Good aggro decks in modern (usually) don't play any spells which cost more than 4 CMC. One alternative (if you are set on playing 3 colors) you could change it from an aggro deck to a midrange deck by running farseek which would help your mana base a lot.
Don't be too smart to have fun
Cut some of your high cmc creatures or raise the land count ro 23 or even 24. 22 land is too low for a deck that's running so many fatties. More often than not you wont be able to cast them unless your opponent is having bad draws.

How to autocard:

Show
[c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

Too many 1-of's. Find a focus and roll with that. You could use a Fires of Yavimaya build to accelerate into fatties, or go the way of traditional Zoo, or Gruul/Selesnya Humans.  
Sign In to post comments