An ICD, because I couldn't help myself!

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Octoplot
Instant
Draw eight cards, then put one card from your hand on top of your library, then put one card from your hand on top of your library, then put one card from your hand on top of your library, then put one card from your hand on top of your library, then put one card from your hand on top of your library, then put one card from your hand on top of your library, then put one card from your hand on top of your library, then put one card from your hand on top of your library.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
If I rub your nose in this, will you know what you did wrong?

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Oh, no? Something wrong! What have I done? Please massage my nasal appendage until I am aware of each and every error. (Seriously, what did I do?)

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
What you did was design this...

Octoplot
Instant
Draw eight cards, then put eight cards from your hand on top of your library in any order.

...using almost 100 more words than you needed.
Rules Advisor
What you did was design this...

Octoplot
Instant
Draw eight cards, then put eight cards from your hand on top of your library in any order.

...using almost 100 more words than you needed.

I'd prefer a seven cards being put back.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

Ah, is that it? Excellent. In that case, everything is going as planned!

The card is worded the way it is for a reason. 

139359831 wrote:
I'd prefer a seven cards being put back.

I actually had to re-read the original card after seeing this to figure out if it only put seven back.

Rules Advisor
Ah, is that it? Excellent. In that case, everything is going as planned!

The card is worded the way it is for a reason. 

Let me guess: something triggers each time a card is put on top of a library?

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

Octoplot
Instant
Draw eight cards, then put one card from your hand on top of your library, then put one card from your hand on top of your library, then put one card from your hand on top of your library, then put one card from your hand on top of your library, then put one card from your hand on top of your library, then put one card from your hand on top of your library, then put one card from your hand on top of your library, then put one card from your hand on top of your library.

This is bad and you should feel bad.
Octoplot Instant
Draw 8 cards,
then put a card in hand on top of your deck,
then put a card in hand on top of your deck.

I can only get 7 in

Draw a card, then put a card from your hand on the top of your library. Repeat this process six times, then draw a card.

http://nogoblinsallowed.com/

This wasn't fair, and I apologize. I'm showing you a card that fits into a set for a specific purpose and I didn't tell y'all anything about the set or the mechanic this is supposed to combo with. I'm sorry. That said, the numbers are very important for the purposes of rounding down.

Oh, and Winged Nightmare, thank you for doing that! It looks cooler than I would have imagined.

139359831 wrote:
When you presented the mechanic that likes cards like this, I already suggested that number words should always be replaced with actual numbers, because many cards with number words ("you choose one of them") don't really work anymore when you change them.. Since cards like this always use number words, you could use X as number or you could use "that many" together with something that's always described with actual numbers..
Wait, what? I can't tell if I'm dense or sleepy or something, but what do you mean?

You're talking about Mandlebrot right? Are you suggesting an alternate wording for the mechanic? If so, how would you write it out? 

139359831 wrote:
Yeah, I suggest replacing number words (that should never change!) with numbers or variables!