First try at a Mill deck. Suggestions welcome.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
The reason I've included two Smelts and three Dragonskull Summits in my sideboard is that I can't find a , , or card that has the ability to destroy an artifact.  Since most mill cards do "target" a player, if my opponent plays a Witchbane Orb, I need a way to get rid of that artifact, or I'd have to conceed the game.

Thanks in advance

SG
The reason I've included two Smelts and three Dragonskull Summits in my sideboard is that I can't find a , , or card that has the ability to destroy an artifact.  Since most mill cards do "target" a player, if my opponent plays a Witchbane Orb, I need a way to get rid of that artifact, or I'd have to conceed the game.

I think that you're a little too worried about a card that most people save for their sideboard.  As far as the rest of the deck goes, I think that you need more stalling.  It also wouldn't hurt to include some reusable mill cards, like Sands of DeliriumSnapcaster Mage can also help you cast your cards a second time.
I think that you're a little too worried about a card that most people save for their sideboard.

You are right.  Most people sideboard Witchbane Orb, but up against a Mill deck, they could play it in the second and third game of the match completely shutting down pretty much any Mill deck for the last two games which means they take the match.  That's what I'm more concerned about.  I need some way to get rid of that Artifact.

SG
I'd run Cyclonic Rift and some hard counters against the Orb. The aim is to counter it, and the bounce can give you a second shot at it. Not to mention that Rift is a great card on its own.
Also, Crypt Ghast rocks the house with X spells, like Mind Grind and Sands of Delirium.
Sign In to post comments